Author Topic: Enough With The Exclusives Already...  (Read 6774 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: Enough With The Exclusives Already...
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2005, 05:45 PM »
Count me in as sick and tired of this crap. I can't stand how everything that is released is exclusive. Why must that be? And the price points for figures are really pushing it. We asked for multiples of Clones. That's all the people want. People will not buy them when it's a repainted figure that costs $7 more than normal.

Please stop the madness, Hasbro!
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2005, 06:01 PM »
We asked for multiples of Clones. That's all the people want.

But isn't that what Hasbro is giving you? Multiples of Clones? And people are still complaining.

Let's face it - there is no way to make everyone happy. You ask for more Clones, Hasbro makes them. But then you cry about the price. Or that you can't find them because they are exclusive to some store or another (and when I say "you" I'm not singling you out, Diddly). So what is Hasbro supposed to do? Make a clone up, and make up 500,000 different toll free 800 numbers, so that each collector can have their own personal phone number available to call and order Clones?

Maybe what they should do is make up a Custom Clone ordering service. You fill out a form, tell them what kind of Helmet you want, what colors, accessories, etc. etc. and then they will ship it right to your door. No hunting, no scalpers, nothing!!

I'm sick and tired just like everyone else is. And I've given up on having 1 of everything, it's just getting so out of hand it's not even funny anymore. Collecting is supposed to be fun, not a job. Get over it people, there's more important things in life. Believe me, I found out the hard way.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2005, 06:23 PM »
Which clones we get is a big issue - I'd happily pay more for an SA clone that is actually IN the movie, and that we don't already have.

They're asking us to pay $14.00 plus shipping for a repainted quickdraw clone in a deco that they invtented.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2005, 06:45 PM by Kneel Before Zod »

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2005, 06:28 PM »
Count me in as being sick of this crap. I have not boughten an exclusive and refuse to do so because of increase cost for an average figure.  Usually the standard line will provide me a figure equal in value to an exclusive or a speciality line like Evolutions has. Enough is enough.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2005, 07:33 PM »
I too, am sick of this crap. If they were all brick and mortar exclusives with the same price as basic figures, then I'd probably buy one of each, but I am going to pass on all the crappy $18 clones, that never show up in the EU or the movies. I don't want something that Hasro just made up so they could have different kinds of clones or lameass "lava" colored figures. If you are going to make it anonline exclusive at least set it at the $5.88 pricepoint so shipping won't tear me a new one. I will be skipping the so called covert ops clone with the lame ass paint job and any other online exclusives. I just don't have the money, or the desire to repaints at a higher price that the basic figures.
"This is the way."

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2005, 07:40 PM »
What I don't understand on this one is the price point. Stick the f**king figure on a regular ROTS card and ship it that way. Don't give me that stupid *ss "Comemorative of the DVD release packaging" crap - I though the ENTIRE ROTS line was comemorative of the MOVIE - PERIOD.

So that's the latest reason for them to up the price on a $6 figure. Pack it with a collector case and make a one-off package for the item.

F**K that sh*t. Just F**K it.

And even though I'm going to pay $14 per figure before shipping, I'm still probably NEVER going to get a MOMC one 'cause SWS employees play football with all figures before shipping them. And then cram the items into a box that is slightly too small to fit the items. It's policy afterall.

Time for someone to go knock-out George Lucas, put him into a drug-induced coma and let someone else make Episodes 7-9 so the bloodsucker merchandisers can have three more movies to look forward to instead of driving the ROTS line to the lowest level of Hell. At least then perhaps we'll stop getting candy-colored clones.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2005, 08:21 PM »
Hey, I was at this point with the Target clone fiasco eBay exclusive a couple months ago.  Glad some of you are getting here too.  Start leaving them on the pegs, and on the websites, and stick to the basic $5 figure line.  And for God's sakes...customize.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2005, 08:41 PM »

Let's face it - there is no way to make everyone happy.

How about shipping adequate numbers of MSRP-priced clones in an even distribution across the country?  I think that'd do it.  Oh, and stop raping us.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2005, 09:38 PM »
How about shipping adequate numbers of MSRP-priced clones in an even distribution across the country?  I think that'd do it.  Oh, and stop raping us.

Who determines what's adequate? If Hasbro ships solid cases of clones to TRU and Target, and the same people who are going in and buying the 3 or 4 from each case go in and buy the entire solid case, then there are still not going to be any Clones when I get there. So should Hasbro ship Target an entire pallet of 24 cases, each containing 12 Clones? In theory, that sounds awesome, because no scalper would ever buy that many... but then again, who knows? And if they didn't buy them all, I'm sure Target would still end up getting stuck with a few cases at the end of the day. And then they would have to clearance them and end up losing money.

It's a no win situation, no matter how you look at it. There is no way to make all the people happy, all the time.