Author Topic: Target's "Attack on Coruscant" Clone 5-pack  (Read 37472 times)

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
Re: New Clone 5 Pack!
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2005, 11:55 AM »
I thought those guys lookes a little grey-shouldered...

What I want to know is if there's any white clones in the movie? I don't regret having all the white clones I have, since I have no doubt that as soon as the Empire began, troops were given all white armor ala the classic trilogy.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2005, 12:15 PM »
White Clones in the gunship with Obi, Mace, an Yoda.

White Clones at the gunstations inside the star destroyers.

White clones laying dead inside the Jedi Temple.

That's hot.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2005, 12:20 PM »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2005, 12:27 PM »
Hmmm..if this is a Tarhet exclusive, it could get pricey.  Let's see, they charge 12 for one clone, so five clones should be 60.00!

$64.99 to be exact. ;)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2005, 01:00 PM »

That's hot.

Kevin
I really think those guys in the Temple are the Blue guys

The White Clones in the Gunship are probably the Grey Crew since in the next scene the Grey guys show up with Tarfull

To me, the only place I know they are, are on the Star Destroyers

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2005, 01:35 PM »
The guys on the landing platform on Coruscant (when Yoda exits the Gunship to go to Kashyyyk) are wearing antennae on their backs as well in some cases.  Hasbro does have a tendency to get something almost perfect on a regular basis, but they come up a little short.  That being said, the 41 Clone is great, so I'm not complaining about the possible lack of accuracy. :)

You know, I have a feeling that San Diego is going to either be a huge sigh of relief that shows Hasbro's "got it" for once, or it's going to be a huge mess with multiple repainted Jedi Starfighters, reusing/repainting subpar molds, and endless exclusives.  If it's the latter, you know what must be done, Matt.  ;D

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2005, 01:51 PM »

That's hot.

Kevin
I really think those guys in the Temple are the Blue guys

The White Clones in the Gunship are probably the Grey Crew since in the next scene the Grey guys show up with Tarfull

To me, the only place I know they are, are on the Star Destroyers

I dissagree. Dressle has posted a wallpaper with the temple slaughter aftermath, and it clearly shows all white clones.

Kevin
« Last Edit: June 30, 2005, 01:53 PM by Famine »

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2005, 01:51 PM »
If anyone still has a Star Wars aisle in their Target, take a good look at the running (at you) clonetrooper that is in the graphics. You'll see that the clone is mostly white except for the gray shoulder pads.

My guess is that a Target exec somewhere said "hey, where are the clones that look like the artwork we have in the store?!?"

Thus this set was born...

Just another wacky theory of mine!
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2005, 02:09 PM »
Again, I'm a sucker for clones (especially the SA clone) and I do hope these rock.

I do find it odd that the Big H would release a Battle Pack with five of the same figures...

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2005, 02:22 PM »

This makes no sense to me is the problem.  Why have Blue ones in the marching in scene, blue ones fighting and blue ones talking to Bail and then have dead white ones?

Has anyone confirmed these clones are there and are indeed white?

SilverZ

« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2005, 03:38 PM »
The scene was probably finalled earlier than others since the clones are simply part of a background. It’s quite possible that the blue “501st” clones weren’t the chosen design for the raid at the time this shot was done. I don't like the inconsistency, either. I’m sure we’ll get some sloppy EU to explain it at some point. Bleh.

I have a feeling we’re going to be presented with a less than perfect clone solution by Hasbro at ComicCon. I’m fully expecting lots of the repaints we want, and not on the SA body. The proper way to handle the clones is so obvious, they can’t resist screwing it up, I'm sure.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2005, 03:39 PM by Tydirium »

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2005, 04:37 PM »
I figure White Clones were just the clean up crew, and a few bit it before gunning down the rest of the padawananabingbangs.

Kevin

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2005, 04:38 PM »
That shot could also be early pre release stuff though too, I'll try that scene tonight

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2005, 04:42 PM »
There's dead white clones in the movie at the temple.  It's undeniable, it's canon, they're there dead on the ground.  The only logical explanation then is that they took part in the raid.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2005, 04:46 PM »
From a film standpoint, the shots of Vader and the Clones entering the Jedi Temple was one of the later shots added to the film.  The actual shot of Hayden doing the walk wasn't shot until the reshoots at Shepperton or Elstree last fall, so I'd imagine that the work on that series of shots didn't actually begin until about early December.  I could be wrong though, but I do know that the shot of Hayden walking has only been around for less than a year.

From a Hasbro standpoint, as I've said before, Hasbro will do things that require the least amount of work, stand to bring them the maximum financial returns, and that also serve as a way to tell us "SHUT UP, WE MADE THAT ALREADY, IT'S NOT OUR FAULT YOU DIDN'T BUY IT" if it is something subpar. 

Here's what I'm honestly expecting to see in the reports from SD:

-Clone 5 Pack: repainted Bacara with four Clones using the Saga/AOTC/CW Bonus pack bodies, but they'll all have short rifles AT BEST; at worst, it will be figures from the deluxe three packs repainted along with the repainted Bacara.

-Clone 3 Packs (TRU):  repainted deluxe Clone 3 packs.

-"The Next 12": new versions of Grievous, Anakin, Obi-Wan, Yoda, Chewbacca, Palpatine, Vader, R2-D2, Mace, (none of which we will want/need) with a new Padme, Commander Cody, and a repainted 41 Clone to throw us a bone.

-Wal-Mart Exclusive: a case full of Mon Mothmas, since WM seems to get the exclusives that nobody else in their right minds would take.

-TRU Exclusive:  Obi-Wan's Starfighter (Utapau Version) which will include #1 Obi-Wan instead of the pilot figure, since that would make sense.

-Target: Plo Koon's Jedi Starfighter with the same Plo Koon figure on shelves right now that won't sit in it.

-Animated CW Figures:  Two three packs: set one will include a Clone (with a ROTS head), Yoda, and Mace Windu; set two will include a blue ARC Trooper, Obi-Wan (again), and a ROTS version of Anakin that is just a new head on the Mace body with slight paint changes.

-OBLIGATORY ORIGINAL TRILOGY ITEMS:  repainted X-Wing with Wedge from the Rebel Pilots three pack, reissue of Luke's Landspeeder with Luke (even though it will be the 1978/1995 version of the ship), and maybe a troop builder four pack of VOTC Stormtroopers with battle damage that will be exclusive to EE and cost 40 dollars a pop.