Author Topic: Target's "Attack on Coruscant" Clone 5-pack  (Read 37578 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Target's "Attack on Coruscant" Clone 5-pack
« Reply #105 on: October 4, 2005, 11:33 AM »
Hmmm... count me in for just one set of these for sure now.  This is fine with me though with my current money issues.  We've had so many clones that using this sculpt is ok with me.

:P

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 4, 2005, 11:36 AM »
I thought they were going to be SA clones from the little images.

I'll be stopping at 1 of these too.  I'd much rather drop my money on the Evolutions variant when that comes out.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #107 on: October 4, 2005, 01:32 PM »
 ;D

Picked one of these up over lunch at the local Target (using the DPCI trick of course).

The Gray Clones are definitely the Jetpack Clone, like the guy from Scum said, they still have the hole in the back and a total lack of good articulation in the arms.   ::)

Also, from what I can tell without totally destroying the packaging, there is at least one extra gun (small blaster) included in the plastic tray - in order to get it out though, you have to remove the "Gunship" cardboard from the plastic bubble (the "gunship" is glued/taped to the bubble).

You will see what I mean when you open it, but suffice it to say that it is going to be hard for anyone who wants to keep the packaging nice after they open it - you pretty much have to partially destroy the great presentation to get these guys out of the package.  Be forwarned, if you want to take them out then put them back in the box for display, be VERY careful when removing them from the bubble...

I'm at work now, so no pictures, but I'll try to take some good shots tonight when I get home...

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 4, 2005, 02:45 PM »
Deluxe Clones? Yuck! Count me in as getting only one, though that was my original plan anyway. It's an odd sculpt to use. I was really hoping for the #6. Ah well, they'll be good at standing around, which is exactly what I'll have them do. I leave all the fighting to the SA Clones. :P
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 4, 2005, 02:54 PM »
I just got off with Target customer service. They said that it is up to each store, but the street date for these is the 16th. If they want to put them out early, they can and the 16th does not mean they will put them out on that date, even if they have them. ???

One of my stores has them in stock, but refused to bring any out. Why can't they just sell them to us?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 4, 2005, 03:33 PM »
Picked one of these up over lunch at the local Target (using the DPCI trick of course).

You bastard!  Congrats!   ;)

It really doesn't surprise me that it's so difficult to get the figures out without damaging the packaging.  It's amazing how everything these days is packaged, between tape, ties, glue, rubber bands...   ::)

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 4, 2005, 05:50 PM »
I just got off with Target customer service. They said that it is up to each store, but the street date for these is the 16th. If they want to put them out early, they can and the 16th does not mean they will put them out on that date, even if they have them. ???

One of my stores has them in stock, but refused to bring any out. Why can't they just sell them to us?

There is no street date on the cases, so if there is a true street date, it is something that the toy manager would know about.  He'll get a sales planner or something about it.  The cases simply have a transition date of 10/16 and that is not a street date.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 4, 2005, 06:08 PM »
The cases simply have a transition date of 10/16 and that is not a street date.

What exactly is a "transition date"?

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 4, 2005, 06:37 PM »
The cases simply have a transition date of 10/16 and that is not a street date.

What exactly is a "transition date"?

Means the department plano is changing.  You'll see the most noticeable one in electronics around my area right now. 

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #114 on: October 4, 2005, 06:49 PM »
Agreed.  But I just don't know what to actually call him, so blue Bacara is the handiest thing to go with.

"Bluecara"? ;)
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 4, 2005, 07:20 PM »
i don't care for the deluxe clone sculpt at all! i passed on the deluxe clone and i think i'm gunna pass on this set. i know they didn't have a big role in the movie, but i really liked the grey troops. the bacarra sculpt is also one i don't care for. i'm sure that they are just trying to use various sculpts for all these clones, but this was a great idea and could have been really cool, but the sculpt choices are terrible, so yea, i'm definetly passing on this set!!!! bummer.....

erik
=jEdIsTyLe=
---------------------------------------------------------
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 4, 2005, 07:30 PM »
Yeah, I know what you mean.  I like the fact that you get 5 clones for $19.99.  A blue Bacarra (or whatever it is) is not the greatest thing.  But I like the Deluxe clones better than those Deluxe 3 Pack variations.  At least there is some articulation.  I may or may not get it.  It just depends on how it hits me if I see them and if I can't find anything else like Cree, Bly, 501st, Evolutions Grey, etc. 

SilverZ

« Reply #117 on: October 4, 2005, 08:17 PM »
Well, I managed to get them from a (not so) nearby Target. They had 30 in stock based on the numbers the CS person gave me at another store beforehand. A lot of the the surrounding stores had either 6, 12, 18, 24, or 30 in stock.

I'll do shots in an hour or so. I'm a bit concerned that they aren't even screen accurate grey clones. I'm not sure if there's an image somewhere in the thread, but I could have sworn that the movie greys' shin armour was painted grey all around the armor piece. On these, only the fronts are painted.

I have to say that the packaging on this one is great. I love the look of the gunship and how its raised from the background with the clone set inside of it. It has a great diorama feel. Much more convincing and dynamic than any of the other Battle Packs, I think.

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 4, 2005, 09:00 PM »

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 4, 2005, 09:18 PM »
Hmmmm...they actually look pretty nice loose as well.  Yeah, I will end up getting this eventually.