Author Topic: Target Exclusive Clone Trooper  (Read 53309 times)

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
Re: More Target Exclusives?
« Reply #105 on: April 25, 2005, 07:17 PM »
Don't get me wrong, usually I pass on this stuff--EE four-pack, Lava Vader, CIII Vader, Early Bird, and all of the silver figures (admittedly I woulda got the Clone and Sandtrooper if I'd had the chance, but they're way too pricey on the secondary market). Although I do like my Holo Yoda.

Yet I'm a sucker for clones of every stripe (pun intentional) so I think I can splurge this one time.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2005, 07:22 PM by Valin Kenobi »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 25, 2005, 07:22 PM »
I'd much rather get bent over at Retail than on the Ebay Scale.  Besides, its a super articulated army builder...I once stated that if they would make them (back in the VOTC Stormtrooper days) I would buy them.  I am really just keeping my word.... ;)

If it was a $13 Jedi or Action Feature or Holo figure, I'd skip em and just snag some for buddies, but they have finally made an exclusive that I want and will open and will army build.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 25, 2005, 08:06 PM »
I doubt I'll be to find one since a local vendor has decided to go to every target in the area with the dcpi number and by all the clones. He currently has 100 of them.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 25, 2005, 08:16 PM »
I doubt I'll be to find one since a local vendor has decided to go to every target in the area with the dcpi number and by all the clones. He currently has 100 of them.

He's no worse than Target, they figure if scalpers can do it, they may as well get first dibs.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 25, 2005, 08:18 PM »
Id rather deal with Target and the 13 bucks. Not whatever he's selling them for.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 25, 2005, 11:19 PM »
Id rather deal with Target and the 13 bucks.

Plus tax.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 26, 2005, 12:28 AM »
I'd much rather get bent over at Retail than on the Ebay Scale. 

LOL!  It really is an exercise in getting bent over.  I found about 20 of them today and bought 8.  At least a couple for me, and the rest for some friends.  The $100 + that it cost hurt a little bit, especially since I can get 8 basic Clone Troopers for under $50.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Avenging Knight

• Jedi Initiate
  • Guardian of Truth and Justice..and stuff like that
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 26, 2005, 12:44 AM »
You're kidding. How did you find this out?

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #113 on: April 26, 2005, 02:11 AM »
Some guys actually brag about doing **** like that, other times employees will tell you what happened to all the Clones, if you ask them.

I was reading the TNI/ADC boards, and some guys mention that they've picked up X amount of these, and these people were badmouthing Star Wars figures a few months ago.

Sometimes, I really hate fair-weather fans. >:(
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 26, 2005, 06:04 AM »
You're kidding. How did you find this out?

Was at the Upland Target when I ran into (I can't remember his name so I'll name him) tall redhead guy from the night I met you at Rancho Walmart. He was gonna use the DCPI number but I told him that it came up itemnot found. Then he proceed to tell me that a guy he knows has been going around using the DCPI to get every single Clone from the local Targets. Said he had 100 of them. I asked him why does he have so many when I knew the answer. eBay and Frank and Sons(local scalper show).
I remember my dream now.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 26, 2005, 09:07 AM »
Some guys actually brag about doing **** like that, other times employees will tell you what happened to all the Clones, if you ask them.

I was reading the TNI/ADC boards, and some guys mention that they've picked up X amount of these, and these people were badmouthing Star Wars figures a few months ago.

Sometimes, I really hate fair-weather fans. >:(

ii,

I'm sure you'll find these before me, drop me a line when you do! 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 26, 2005, 10:06 AM »
I see Hasbro is continuing its clever write ups with their most recent update on the Target exclusive Clonetrooper:

"It's 1978, and your stormtrooper figure is chasing your Princess Leia figure...Except it doesn't look like he's running, it looks like he's doing "The Robot." Announcing the Target Exclusive super-articulated clone trooper..."

I thought this was a kids' line ;).  I don't know of too many "kids" who were playing with action figures in 1978 :P.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 26, 2005, 12:09 PM »
At least it looks like this figure is not limited. If it continues to sell well, it's always possible Target can order more.

As for the guy picking up 100 of them, I'll be curious if he actually sells them all. I know there are lots of people who will buy them on ebay, but it will reach a saturation point. Who knows, in three months he may have to return a good portion.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Xander

• Jedi Initiate
  • She-mantis, Ampata, Anya…a true demon magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 26, 2005, 01:01 PM »
I found 8 yesterday, bought 2, and from the local store reports found out they were all gone in less than 2 hours. Same story at other stores, someone bought one in the morning, and then they were all gone by the time other people got there. I'm always the first to question the scalper scapegoat angle, but this is looking suspicious. The people in our local group know pretty well the buying patterns around town, and these places don't normally sell out of new figures right away, especially these overpriced ones.

Yeah, I wasn't expecting the $12.99 price either. I was thinking $9.99 or something, so, that wasn't so much fun. I don't think I can afford my second one - it'll go to another local who missed out. Though I was thinking these things would be hanging out for a while.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 26, 2005, 01:33 PM »
$12.99 is a slap in the face.

:P