Author Topic: Target Exclusive Clone Trooper  (Read 53306 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: More Target Exclusives?
« Reply #135 on: April 26, 2005, 11:23 PM »

I knew someone around here would start to use their brain eventually.  Out of all of the different legions of clones with different colors and patterns on their armor, this one is the easiest.  I've already customized 4 special ops, 4 red shock troopers, 3 of these "Target Exclusive" Neyo grunts, and Commander Bly from Felucia out of the 50 someodd clone #6's I've picked up so far.  I will do the same with the SA clone when it comes out for $5.  It is really disheartening to see so many of you willing to get bent over the star wars display by Target.  NO $5 figure should be sold for $14 (tax included) at retail.  No excuse.  Scalper prices at retail, and most of you are fine with it.  Go fig.

It's all relative...I don't have the skill or time to customize ANYTHING.  So by the time I bought Paints, Brushes and new carpet for where I spilled the paint, I actually came out ahead by buying the figures. ;)

So I can have different clones by paying for them or by wishing for them.    I chose the former since doing the latter hasn't won me the Lotto yet either.

That's fine and good, but just know it was $10 for an exclusive EE clone, $13 plus tax for an exclusive Target clone, and next time it will be $15 plus, and you are responsible for making it all happen.  Had we all stuck together and left this ridiculously priced figure on the shelf to collect dust, I assure you, there would be no more 12.99 plus tax exclusives.  You flush $8 down the toilet with each figure you buy.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #136 on: April 27, 2005, 12:08 AM »
But who would've actually, honestly, ever thought that a "solidarity" movement of telling the retailers "F off" by not buying would EVER happen?

Are army builders at fault...  Partly.  But so are people who need one of every one, or whatever...  It's nothing that Paul or any of us can stop by simply saying "I'm not gonna buy that".  It'd take the vast majority of people in this hobby agreeing.

I haven't seen 20 people agree, much less 2000, or 20,000, or whatever.  :)  I guess my point is, it's unrealistic to point fingers and say "this is your fault", because in reality it's everyone's fault in this hobby.

I am not wild about the price, but then again this isn't something I'm gonna get a huge army of (I'll be lucky to get a couple).  Even if this figure were available in DROVES I wouldn't buy 30 of them or whatever, I'd buy as many as I felt was financially "good" for me.  If I'm lucky I'll be able to do that now actually.

The cost of both the Clone at Target and the 4-pack sucks...  I could buy more of the 4-pack if I actually wanted but I'm voicing my opinion by NOT doing so.  Sure I bought some, (same with the Stormtrooper, who I'd buy more just because I like the classics more, but also I got many for cheap or trade), and I'll buy some of this Target Clone, but I'm not buying 100...  Not to mention the Clones at EE are actually selling for $6-ish if you got cases.  EE's the one gouging on the $8 - $10 price by breaking up cases, either because they think they'll get stuck with the colored sets or they're just thinking it's a good way to make more by capitalizing on army builders...  My EE Clones were ALL $6.25 if I recall.  I just won't buy those individual sets.

The Target Clone sucks...  But if I don't buy them, I guarantee people aren't gonna line up behind me and say "Yeah, JJ said let's stop this insanity!"  :)  This hobby's very often an "every man for himself" thing, and retail knows that.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #137 on: April 27, 2005, 02:57 AM »
I'd like to just buy one. I'll leave the army building of these to the poor souls whose lives would not be complete without ten or more of them.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 27, 2005, 08:51 AM »

That's fine and good, but just know it was $10 for an exclusive EE clone, $13 plus tax for an exclusive Target clone, and next time it will be $15 plus, and you are responsible for making it all happen.  

I'll agree to take SOLE responsibility for the $15 price tag if I can also have Sole credit for ensuring we get Super Articulated Army Builders in the future no matter what the price.

But I didn't buy any of the EE Clone 4 packs, since I don't collect EPII...so those will have to be the responsibility of someone else. 

I'll fall on my sword for some things, but never for EPI or EPII. ;)

You flush $8 down the toilet with each figure you buy.

Perhaps this is the flaw in your logic.  You are actually flushing $5 down the drain for your $5 figures and I am flushing $13 down the drain for this one. These things are not investments, they are not currency, they are...TOYS..GASP!!!!  They have no bankable future value, they are only worth the amount of joy they give you while you possess them. I still would only have bought 12 of them if they were $5 figures too.

I'll leave the army building of these to the poor souls whose lives would not be complete without ten or more of them.

Is this a cheap imitation of the infamous "Get a Life"?.....ouch  ::)

If you guys don't want one, don't buy it, if you don't like the price don't buy it, but there is no reason to attempt to belittle people who do like the figure and are not upset enough with the price to throw a fit. 

Maybe if we all got the figure and then went to the Cashier and held our breath till they sold it to us for $5....my mom can drop off, if somebody elses can pick up.

I for one don't buy Jedi (exclusive or not) or Aliens (exclusive or not), they are not my thing, Good Super Articulated Army builders are.  I feel no reason to apologize.

If it was a Super Articulated Well Sclupted "Prune Face" would the stance be different?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2005, 09:06 AM by pmundheim »

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 27, 2005, 02:01 PM »
Dressel's right - sort of.

I don't think you're stupid if you want to army build these, but you must have more money than I!

Target and Hasbro are abusing the SW license just a little too much with these exclusives.

It's a $5.24 figure with a plastic clamshell and a few extra paint ops.  Nothing more, nothing less.

Yeah, I'll buy one just because I like to buy one each of the exclusives to keep carded - the rest of my figures are opened because they didn't cost me $13.

And BTW, 50K isn't limited....

SilverZ

« Reply #140 on: April 27, 2005, 08:39 PM »
I've added some loose and carded shots to the Image Database:

Clone Trooper (Target)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 27, 2005, 08:55 PM »
I've yet to open any of the ones I picked up.  Is this the same figure as Clone Trooper #6?  Or is this a different sculpt?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 27, 2005, 09:03 PM »
I've yet to open any of the ones I picked up.  Is this the same figure as Clone Trooper #6?  Or is this a different sculpt?

This one is SA.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

SilverZ

« Reply #143 on: April 27, 2005, 09:31 PM »
Yep, SA, but with the reworked feet with pegholes that the EE exclusive sets have.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 27, 2005, 10:03 PM »
The torso is completely different from the SA #41 clone too.  But from what I can tell the Arms and legs are shared with the SA.

Of the ones I have opened, the Torso of the Target Clone are VERY loose.  Almost ALL of them have this problem so far.  I got them at 4 different Targets or I would have thought I just got a bad group of them.  Of the VOTC Stormies that I have only 1 or 2 suffer from this problem and my sole #41 Clone is not loose in the Torso either.

I am going to take photos like I did with Commander/Gunner/ #6 of the Target and #41 Clone with more side by side comparisons (and Less Taun Taun  >:( )...

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 27, 2005, 10:05 PM »
Looks awesome to me.  Thanks for the pics!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 28, 2005, 01:03 AM »
I've been reading some reports from suposed Target employees that all Targets will be getting two shipments of 12-24 per shipment, meaning that this could be limited like the Vader. Can someone please say that this is not so? Did anyone who attended C3 ask about this piece and whether or not it's limited?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #147 on: April 28, 2005, 01:41 AM »
I'd say that sounds about right.  Checking locally, those are about the numbers I've been hearing at Targets in the area with a few of the higher-volume stores getting slightly more perhaps.

That'd put it at about Lava Vader quantities...  Not surprising.  Target doesn't consider that demand on this may be higher.  That's not even a factor to them.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #148 on: April 28, 2005, 02:46 AM »
As long as their shelves are cleared off of product, they could care less whether or not everyone gets one.
 :P
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 28, 2005, 10:51 AM »

That'd put it at about Lava Vader quantities...  Not surprising.  Target doesn't consider that demand on this may be higher.  That's not even a factor to them.

I hope that that's not true. The handled the Lava Vader perfectly: Here's how many there are, period. Here's the date they will be available, period. Here's how you get one, period. Surprising they would handle one so well, but the other poorly.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."