Author Topic: Target Exclusive Clone Trooper  (Read 53780 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: Target Exclusive Clone Trooper
« Reply #225 on: May 10, 2005, 07:31 PM »
Who here has been able to score themselves a Target exclusive Clone?

When I got mine at the Target in Brick, NJ - I had an inkling that there was going to be trouble when the case that came from the back came out 1/2 gone.

I hate to say it but I did warn everyone that they shouldn't leave w/o a fight with regards to these things being brought out from the stock room.

I would guarantee that at least 60% of all eBay auctions for this figure are currently being run by sellers who work or have a friend who works at Target.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #226 on: May 10, 2005, 07:43 PM »
I did buy 3 but none were for me--one went to Scott and two for Jeff to pass along to Morgbug--and all three were before the release.

I found eight on May 2nd; I bought one since our local meetup was coming up and I knew somebody would want one. Then I was asked to pick up 2 for Morgbug if possible. I went back the next day ... lo and behold the remaining seven were gone. I'm sure it was the work of scalpers -- how else would seven $13 figures have disappeared within 24 hours of my post in the store reports? ::)

It worked out OK because I called another nearby Target, and the extremely helpful employee found some in the back and held 2 for me at Customer Service where I picked them up Wednesday night.

As she was ringing up my figures the Customer Service clerk and I were chatting about Star Wars. At one point she asked, "By the way, isn't there supposed to be an exclusive figure coming out tomorrow?" I pointed to the clones and said simply, "That's them." "Ah," she said, and continued ringing them up. I wanted to elaborate, "So technically you shouldn't be selling me these" but for once I managed to keep my trap shut. Good thing, too. ;D
« Last Edit: May 11, 2005, 03:11 PM by Valin Kenobi »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 10, 2005, 08:06 PM »
Who here has been able to score themselves a Target exclusive Clone?

I got a couple for me (ok more than a couple) and I got some for a couple fellow collectors who would have missed them.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #228 on: May 10, 2005, 08:22 PM »
I got one for myself at Target as well.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 10, 2005, 11:24 PM »
So is that it? Is everyone else still left wanting? I got six total - I'm keeping two un-opened and I was planning on opening the other four to build a mini-squad for Commander Neyo (should he ever get released as a figure) - I haven't opened 2 of those 4 yet - should I feel guilty about opening four of them when so many people have had to go without?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 10, 2005, 11:31 PM »
You know, Pete, if you feel guilty, you can clear your concience by sending me 2 for free! ;D

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 11, 2005, 12:14 AM »
I got six total - I'm keeping two un-opened and I was planning on opening the other four to build a mini-squad for Commander Neyo (should he ever get released as a figure)

The funny thing is, according to the comic, all of Neyo's grunts have helmets like him.  This leaves us wondering what exactly this Target clone is supposed to be.  Final answer will come May 19th....

This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 11, 2005, 07:24 AM »
I managed to grab three last night.  The wife went to Target on Sunday, of course I told her to check for these.  (even had a copy of the UPC to give her).  None were at the store, but was told they were in transit.  She gave them her name and they hold them for her.  She called last night to confirm they were in and we went to pick them up.  I was expecting the clerk to bring me the two I asked for, instead he brings out a whole case, still sealed.  So I grabbed three - one for me, another one for someone who asked me to pick him up one if I saw it and an extra, either for myself if I decide I want it or for trade bait.  I asked the clerk if the rest were going on the shelf and he said yes.  The funny thing is there was no tags for these in the toy aisle, so I don't know where they're going to put them.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline fatfred

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 11, 2005, 09:01 AM »
My buddy found 19 on the pegs at the local target last night, get this he called me and asked me "do you want me to pick you one up?"  He bought 2, no scalpers, no limit  yet.......

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 11, 2005, 12:39 PM »
Ohh Ohh Ohh I want one  ::)
I haven't seen these yet  :o
Guess I'll have to hit my local target soon. NC gets stuff later than other places.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 11, 2005, 01:16 PM »
The funny thing is, according to the comic, all of Neyo's grunts have helmets like him.  This leaves us wondering what exactly this Target clone is supposed to be.  Final answer will come May 19th....

On one level it is simply a 3-3/4" version of the 12" Clonetrooper - they both share the same markings.

With regards to the Comic Book - the part where Chewie, Tarrful and Yoda fight their way past Gree's clones, it gives the impression that all of Gree's clones look just like the BARC Trooper - so we won't know really for sure until the 19th - which as my wife pointed out to me yesterday will be a week away from tomorrow!!!!  :o ;D
Peter

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #236 on: May 11, 2005, 01:25 PM »
I came across these again today (thanks to a tip from Mike - Thanks Mike!  ;)) and was able to pick one up with the "new" third style Clamshell case.

Why they had to change the Clamshell?  Beats me.  Are the little "emblems" on the "lock" really that important?   :-\

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 11, 2005, 01:42 PM »
Jeff - you mean different from Vader and the 5-pack of cases clamshell or different from previous releases of the SA Clone?
Peter

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #238 on: May 11, 2005, 01:56 PM »
Jeff - you mean different from Vader and the 5-pack of cases clamshell or different from previous releases of the SA Clone?

It is a third style clamshell case.

Style 1 - came with the Lava Vader and Target 5-packs
Style 2 - came with the Clone Trooper.  It has Vader Emblems on the "Locks".
Style 3 - came with the Clone Trooper.  It had Clone Emblems on the "Locks".

Someone reported somewhere around here, but I can't remember who it was.   :-[

I can take a better picture when I get home tonight, but for now this image (borrowed from GalacticHunter) should clear up what I mean:

You can see the first case the Clone came in had "firey crosses" on the locks of the case, the same emblems that were on the lock-nubs of the Vader case.  The new version of the Clone Trooper case has what looks like a laser bolt of something on the little locking nubs at the top.

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 11, 2005, 02:06 PM »
The only way I got one was from my friend Dan.  He saw a guy we talked to on 4/2 at Wal-mart one night.  That guy told Dan he just bought 4 of the clones at Target.  Dan called me from Target asking for the DCPI number.  The Target employee told Dan that was the only way he would be able to find it in the stockroom.  I looked it up and Dan bought 2 of them.  One for himself and one for me. 

I agree this is the dumbest way to handle an exclusive.  It's even worse than how Lava Vader was handled.  The price for both figures is insane.