Author Topic: Are the Post-OTC 2005 figures really that hard to find?  (Read 8479 times)

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Are the Post-OTC 2005 figures really that hard to find?
« on: August 30, 2005, 10:30 PM »
I couldn't believe it when I saw this today:

Post OTC 2005 Luke Dagobah

:o

Are these figures really that tough to find that they sell for $75+ each? Or was this just a fluke?

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Are the Post-OTC 2005 figures really that hard to find?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2005, 10:55 PM »
Then there's this one:

#506 Star Wars POST OTC Luke Skywalker Dagobah MOC

The insert at the bottom is different and there is no Rebel symbol in the upper left corner plus the picture in the insert is more close up.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2005, 11:49 PM »
Yeah, the one with "dabobah Training" is the 2005 version, while the one with "Orginal Trilogy Collection" is the 2004 version. Looks the 2005 re-pack version is a tough one to come by. Are all the 2005 Post OTC figures this expensive?

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2005, 11:57 PM »
Just did a bit of checking and...

Post OTC Darth Vader 05

Imperial Sandtrooper POST OTC

Post OTC #05-04 Queen Amidala Celeb Ceremony

Doesn't look like all of them, only certain ones. 

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2005, 10:25 AM »
I do remember that the Vader and Luke were the last figs in the Post OTC to be released.  Each came one to a case.  I found them only once at retail and do remember them being a pain in the a$$ to find.  But those kind of prices are just crazy.  Could they be the next FF Weequay?

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2005, 02:27 PM »
Damn. None of those lasted very long at retail here, and I think Vader and Luke were some of the last ones to hang around.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2005, 08:23 PM »
It was truly a rare occation when I saw a POTC in my neck of the woods, and I usually find most figs fairly easy.

Not to beat a dead horse, but the regualr OTC weren't on the shelves long, let alone the POTC variations.

On top of that I'll still stick to my original claim that certain package variations like the MYO and Trevagg with cup and/or blaster in the bubble vs. in the hand are hands down THE  rarest modern Star Wars figures to be produced PERIOD.

Should be very interesting to see what the future holds for the entire OTC line.
Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2005, 10:59 PM »
Did that post-OTC Luke Dagobah come in the different packaging variations that the OTC version did? I don't recall ever seeing the handstand post-OTC Luke.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2005, 11:49 PM »
I saw most of the POTC repacks once...  The Cantina Wave, Coruscant Waves (anything new basically) didn't fly off shelves but it didn't sit either.  Steady mover and if you were lucky you found them right away too.  I know I got some at K-Mart then found the Cantina wave at WM for clearance prices.

Saw them multiple times though, but I only saw those repacks like the Sandtrooper once, and never again.  Never bought them but should've since it was for those clearance prices.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #9 on: September 1, 2005, 01:50 AM »
I saw the Luke and Vader a good number of times for a month or two, but I know a lot of people in other areas weren't finding them for crap.  So maybe most of those cases just wound up out here in Cali or something.  But still, $75 for that Luke is freaking insane.  Looks like two bidders just went to war over that one.  Couple'a idiots, if you asked me.

Did that post-OTC Luke Dagobah come in the different packaging variations that the OTC version did? I don't recall ever seeing the handstand post-OTC Luke.

Nope, that Handstand version never happened for the Post-OTC line, Ben.

Offline zachmoe

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 1, 2005, 02:10 AM »
I just saw that Vader today at a local comic book shop for about $10...this thread will probably make me go back and get it, might be a good trading piece in the future.  I'll have to check the other post OTC figures there and pick up the Luke too if there is one.  I just cannot believe those prices on eBay...some people have way too much money... ;)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 1, 2005, 02:10 AM »
Awesome. Thanks Matt.
I'm glad I picked up the OTC one then.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 1, 2005, 01:08 PM »
We didn't see much of the Luke or Vader repacks here either, that I recall.  I think I might have seen the Luke (and Yoda?) once, but wasn't paying that close of attention since I picked them up in the OTC line.  Crazy to see some of them going for those prices, basically just for a little packaging insert difference.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #13 on: September 2, 2005, 04:23 AM »
Sly Moore, Rabe, Yaura, and Queen Amidala pegwarmed here for awhile. Pablo-Jill moved quickly though. Other than those 5 I didn't see a single POTC figure at retail. I got the Cantina wave at C3 but they dropped me $10 each or maybe it was $9.... either way, much more than I wanted to spend.
« Last Edit: September 2, 2005, 10:23 PM by Sith Lord Chaos »
"This is the way."

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #14 on: September 2, 2005, 08:16 AM »
Yeah, that OTC amidala ceremony POTC sat at my KMart forever, and even it's getting some $ on ebay.
Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)