Author Topic: Target Exclusive Collector's 5-Pack Cases  (Read 14130 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Target Exclusive Collector's 5-Pack Cases
« Reply #30 on: May 5, 2005, 01:45 PM »
Posted in another topic the 5 pack's DPCI is 087-06-1490, however, that DPCI is attached to the Target exclusive SA Clone Trooper. So unless they assigned a different DPCI to the 5 pack it appears that there won't be a 5 pack released at this time.

The Clone's DPCI is 087-06-1489.

I've been checking the 087-06-1490 DPCI and it has been coming up as the $9.99 collector cases unless somehting changed in the last 2 days.   :-\

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 5, 2005, 01:51 PM »
Here on the East Coast I haven't seen these at any of the four Target stores I frequent.

I had just assumed that I would see these after they perform their aisle resets this week - so far nothing though.

It would be amusing if they were recalled by Hasbro. It's just a stupid concept to begin with. Hey Hasbro - you make good toys, let someone else come up with the protective packaging that PRESERVES the condition.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 5, 2005, 01:57 PM »
It sure sounds like they've been officially recalled.

Somebody from the other forum said they were not allowed to purchase the item when it was scanned.

Funny, how something simple to sell/produce can turn into a nightmare!!

:-X

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #33 on: May 6, 2005, 11:15 AM »
So, I've heard from a few Target people and they all seem to confirm that in some way, shape, form, or another Target has been asked to return their stock of these to Hasbro. 

Some Targets were told to just "destroy" them instead of the cost of shiping them back to Hasbro.   :o

Other Targets seem to be saying "who cares" and selling what they have left.  I wonder what the heck is going on with these?

Did Hasbro recall them because they don't fit the figures?  Because they are too close to an existing case design?  Because they are Hasbro and they make strange decisions once in a while?

:-\

Jeff

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #34 on: May 6, 2005, 02:49 PM »
Do these cases work for non-ROTS figures?  Once I heard they did not work for ROTS, I was going to wait a bit and get some for regular OTC or Saga figures.  I don't understand why they are being DESTROYED like trash.
Gatillo

You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 6, 2005, 02:54 PM »
Ah, the evil part of me thinks it's funny. 

:P

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 6, 2005, 03:14 PM »
I find this whole situation utterly hilarious.  Hasbro goes on and on about how the toys are for kids, insults collectors with their snide "They're action figures, not sit on a shelf figures", and then (presumably) figures out they're alienating what drives this line in the first place.  To extend an olive branch, they put these cases out and they do the opposite of what they're supposed to do in the first place.  I wonder if they didn't do this on purpose just to piss carded collectors off.

Then again, they do have a history of making cases that don't fit any figures.  I mean, they're using that vintage Vader case for the second time in a year when none of the slots have been changed for the new figure sizes.  Now they put something out to "protect your figures" that basically protects it by crushing it. 

Their removal of the item's existence from their website is rather telling too.  After all, as we all know, Hasbro doesn't make mistakes.   ::)

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #37 on: May 6, 2005, 03:24 PM »
It's stuff like this that makes me really glad I'm an opener. :P
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 6, 2005, 05:08 PM »
Hasbro is too funny.  Make cases to protect our figures which are suppose to be "toys."  Realize they made a mistake so they're recalling them.  By doing that they're actually making the cases a collectible now, lol.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 6, 2005, 06:17 PM »
So aren't we the ones that are going to be paying for Hasbro's screw up then??  They designed these things with collectors in mind (supposedly)  I was actually pleased to hear these were coming out, before all the reports of their flaws starting coming in though.  Can anyone else see a minor price hike in the coming months? 

I wonder how many cases went into production.
« Last Edit: May 6, 2005, 06:17 PM by infinitifett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

SilverZ

« Reply #40 on: May 6, 2005, 09:32 PM »
They're junk. Half of the figures I've tried to fit into them simply DO NOT fit. At 9.99 per set of 5 cases, they are probably recalling them out of shame, and the fact that they don't work as advertised.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #41 on: May 7, 2005, 09:25 PM »
I tried to buy a set today, brought it up tot eh register to only have it taken away from me because, as the manager put it "has been recalled becuase of sharp edges"  ::)
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 8, 2005, 10:16 AM »
I saw them at ONE of the 4 Targets I went to this morning.  And no sign of the Exclusive Clones, no sign of 41-44 and no signs of a reset at any of the stores.

I did run into several Nascar guys asking me what the deal with the exclusive star wars toy were though - I just told them all that they came out 2 weeks ago to try to mess them up.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 9, 2005, 03:43 PM »
My friend who works for Hasbro says he complained about the Lava Vader case because it was too small and damaged almost every one - and he told his management that if the Target packs were the same (which they are in design) that they should be recalled.

The last time I spoke with him (which was Friday morning) he said that they indeed had been recalled and that if by some error they show up on a shelf, the register is supposed to not let you buy it.

He didn't know if they're going to make new ones and try again or not.
« Last Edit: May 9, 2005, 04:41 PM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #44 on: May 9, 2005, 04:40 PM »
From the fine folks at Hasbro:

"As our collector fans know, Target will offer an exclusive Star Wars: Episode III Collector's Case 5 pack for 2005. Originally scheduled for release early May, we are reworking based on initial collector feedback, making adjustments to ensure every Star Wars: Episode III 3 3/4 inch action figure fits properly within each case.  We will update fans on availability of this improved value 5-pack version when we have more information.

Thanks for your feedback and we are confident you will enjoy the final product soon. "