Author Topic: The New Tennessee Star Wars Collectors Group  (Read 5570 times)

Offline Rod

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: The New Tennessee Star Wars Collectors Group
« Reply #15 on: September 5, 2005, 12:41 AM »
Sorry about this spilling on to the JD board guys.  I am dropping it. Don't mind discussing different point of views with anybody but I gotta admit....it is kind of funny you say that....

Keep that sort of posting to rebelscum.

They've gone everywhere...almost....to try to spread the good news about their "new and improved" (translation=copycat) site.

Part of me doesn't even want to respond to the childish posts......it's like arguing with 2 or 3 little kids....all at once.  But I feel that I need to make sure that people are not misinformed. The new admins at this new site are not being completely straightforward....not telling people the entire story.

Admins, again, sorry about this....if you think it will get out of hand feel free to lock this thread if you feel it needs to be....cause I am sure that the additional "highly intelectual" replies are not going to stop.....

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #16 on: September 5, 2005, 12:50 AM »
Nah, let's not move along yet Travis, 'cause this looks highly entertaining!  :P  Especially after browsing through both TN boards and getting the real scoop...  But thanks for trying to take the high road here anyway, Rod.

152 posts on a Star Wars website as opposed to 16.  I question who's the bigger nerd.

Gotta agree with Kevin.  That's one of the funniest things I've ever seen posted 'round these parts (or on any SW board for that matter).  Not to mention that such an asinine post really tells me what this "copycat" board is all about.  Insulting someone with a whopping 152 posts?!  Ha!  Better to pick on some of us more prolific posters if you want to seriously start attempting to bash folks with respect to that particular issue.

Speaking of which, considering you (Mr.MojoRisin) have 1,477 posts at the original Tennessee board, plus another 401 at your new copycat board, what does that say about you?  Is Bill still more of a nerd with his mindboggling 152 posts here at JD, or what?  Do we have to add up all the cumulative forum posts at all sites, or can people alternate on nerd status depending on the respective forum, and who has more posts there?  Man, I'm confused by what qualifies as nerd status around here.  But up in the 5-digit range, I must be God-nerd, or something.

I also scoped out your new Tennessee board, and am confused about two things, actually:

1)  It's said that it's the more "adult" board, yet when I went a read through it all, all I found was a million "lol", "lmao", "rotflmao" and smileys everywhere.  I don't think I saw a single actual intelligent conversation anywhere on the premises.  Looked like a Beavis and Butthead marathon with everyone just stupidly giggling at eachother over absolutely nothing...

2)  This quote about your new Tennesse site is really confusing to me as well:

If you see it for what it is than you would realise that this new site will greatly help us.  It is going to be on the same level as RebelScum or theForce.net.  Only bigger hopefully.

I thought it was a Tennessee site, yet in all your rebuttles over at the original TN site, you keep saying that yours is different from theirs because yours is "national".  Well, then why is it called "Tennessee Star Wars Collectors Group", with a similarly confusing URL.  Seems to me you guys are just Tennessee Part 2, really.  At least the forums anyway.  Maybe you're talking about that Order66 thing though, which doesn't seem to be much different.  I don't know.

Just trying to get some kind of clue as to what the new site is actually about.  Just additional Tennessee discussion, or are you really already in the process of overthrowing Rebelscum?  If so, keep it up.  That'd be cool, since I'm not the biggest fan of Philip Wise really...

- Matt

P.S.  My favorite part about Tennessee (other than jjks, of course), is the coolest place on the planet: Wildcats

8)

(but where'd her John Deere t-shirt go...?  :-\)
« Last Edit: September 5, 2005, 12:58 AM by JediMAC »

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #17 on: September 5, 2005, 01:25 AM »
But up in the 5-digit range, I must be God-nerd, or something.

Pffft! Not even! Someone on StarWars.com has 62,000 posts. Now that's God-nerd. 11,000 is only archangel-nerd, at best. ;)
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #18 on: September 5, 2005, 02:40 AM »

Matt you're still only 3rd on the "Nerd list" here. Dale and Scott have you beat. You've got some work to do to catch up before you can even call yourself an archangel-nerd.

Just for kicks I checked out the new Tennessee board and I agree with Matt. It doesn't seem to be the most adult place around. The custom section there is worse than scum. Someone painted a Commander gold (and I mean gold, gold not a yellowish color) and called it Bly, the next couple posts looked something like this:

"Kewl!"

" :o :o"

"that clone rules!!!!!11!!one!! :P :D ;D :) :D ;D 8) :P ;D :D :P 8)  :) :D ;) :) :-* :)"

That being said I'll take the opportunity now to introduce my new site The New Colorado Collector's Club, http://www.thenewcoloradocollectorsclub.com. It says Colorado in the name but it is really a national board. I'm slowly building up the resources to make it the best SW fan site ever and it will overtake all other fan boards out there, including the new Tennessee board, Rebels ***, TheForce.net, and even StarWars.com itself. If you click on the link you'll see it is already better than RS.

I may have to take a trip to Tennessee sometime to see that WildCats place... :P
« Last Edit: September 5, 2005, 02:40 AM by Sith Lord Chaos »
"This is the way."

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 5, 2005, 06:44 PM »
You know, it seems that all this fighting began right around the time I moved back to the state.

Boys....boys!!!  Don't be silly.  There's plenty of me to go around!!
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #20 on: September 5, 2005, 07:55 PM »
152 posts on a Star Wars website as opposed to 16.  I question who's the bigger nerd.

You should see my USENET total.  Or my total on the other boards I've been using longer.  Hell, the PSWCS mailing list just passed 40,000 messages, and I probably account for half of those.  I, sir, AM the biggest Nerd.

And that's not even taking into account http://CreatureCantina.com .   ;D
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #21 on: September 5, 2005, 08:02 PM »
I'm 5th on that list?

Son of a....   >:(
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 6, 2005, 12:55 AM »

I'm 5th on that list?

Son of a....   >:(

What's worse is the guy in 10th place.  He's only been a member since 2004.

Serious case of verbal diarrhea.  ::)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 6, 2005, 01:21 AM »
What's worse is the guy in 10th place.  He's only been a member since 2004.

Serious case of verbal diarrhea.  ::)

Yup!  :P

Offline Mr.MojoRisin

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Execute Order 66
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2005, 05:01 PM »
Check us out; we're new and improved with galleries, blogs, a chat room, and more.

www.tswcg.com
Execute Order 66: www.execute-order66.com

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2005, 07:02 PM »
Check us out; we're new and improved with galleries, blogs, a chat room, and more.

www.tswcg.com

Except for maybe 1 or 2 people from Tennessee, NO ONE CARES. ::)
"This is the way."

Offline Mr.MojoRisin

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Execute Order 66
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2005, 09:10 AM »
Than why do you post?
Execute Order 66: www.execute-order66.com