Author Topic: Lego Mini vehicle line - What do you think?  (Read 28313 times)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Lego Mini vehicle line - What do you think?
« Reply #45 on: September 1, 2005, 04:13 PM »
I totally agree.  I don't actually have that much LEGO, but the MINIs are just too neat to pass on - after a couple of pending purchases in the works, I should have them all.  I was really hoping they would have done a ROTS lines of MINIs, because I would have bought those for sure.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 1, 2009, 12:41 PM »
I've sort of been watching ebay lately in hopes of picking up the other (OT related) MINI sets that are out there.  I picked up the Falcon only when these were originally released, and really liked it, and have had a renewed interest in LEGO lately so I've been looking at these again.  I always wanted to pick up more, but just haven't found and/or gotten around to it since then.  Anyways, how much is too much to pay for these things?  Are they fairly rare or difficult to get a hold of?  I've sort of been starting off looking for the X-Wing/TIE Advanced, Snowspeeder/AT-ST, and AT-AT sets - and many of them seem to be fairly highly priced on ebay (at least currently).  Just curious if anyone had any advice.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 1, 2010, 10:21 PM »
Hey guys, kind of late to the game here too, but wanted to share a bit of good karma.  I had bought a nephew the 2003 Wave 2 sets years ago and forgot all about it.  My sister came over yesterday to celebrate my oldest son's birthday and she brought all four of these over as a 'bonus' present for him and his brother.  So now with these four, the five recent Target sets and the ROTS Anakin Starfighter, they are up to 10 sets.

I'm thinking of trying to track down the others like Brian indicated below.  Any thoughts of how bad this is going to set me back?
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 1, 2010, 10:29 PM »
Sorry, one other question, are the 2002 TIE Fighter and the 2010 Target TIE Fighter identical?  Would like to know if I should try to track both down or not even bother...

*edit*

Nevermind, I found the original and answered my own question... I like the new one better, but will probably try to track the other one down...
« Last Edit: April 1, 2010, 10:42 PM by I Am Sith »
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline skyward72

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 2, 2010, 02:44 PM »
You can probably find most of the poly bag minis for about $5.00 to $12.00.  Some of the Brickmaster exclusives might run a little more.  Most of the older boxed minis can be gotten for around $10.00 to $20.00 depending if they are new or used.  I would suggest looking at bricklink.com, you can probably find some good deals there.   

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2010, 01:38 AM »
So I've been on a buying spree with Legos lately.  Ended up picking up a bunch of the mini kits and bought the pieces (or reasonable replacement pieces) to the Brickmaster sets on the Lego web-site for a fraction of what they would have cost me on ebay.  The best part is, my kids won't be able to tell the difference between the original bricks and the ones I had to substitute to complete the sets.

Those sets are sweet!  I'm glad I ended up tracking down the pieces/directions.

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2010, 11:51 AM »
Hey, don't know if anyone is interested, but part of Target's reset for Christmas is their usual isle of stocking stuffers.  Included is the X-Wing mini kit which was last out for Easter (I think).  The whole bin seemed to be only X-Wings, so I passed on getting any.  I was hoping that it would be something new, but maybe in a couple weeks...
I am not the Stig

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2011, 05:46 PM »
Ended up doing some Christmas shopping at Target today and my son noticed that there was a peg full of Republic Cruiser mini-kits by the register.  Those were the only ones he found though.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2011, 01:40 AM »
The bump reminds me, I really need to find a mini ship list...

I'm opening the advent calendar as the days go by, and loving the micro ships.  Maybe even cooler than the mini ships in their own way.  Chewbacca's bowcaster and tool caddy are flat out lame though.

But it's been a fun set so far, if not maybe a little pricey.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2011, 07:51 AM »
The SW Advent Calendar was on sale at TRU for $30 (may still be).  Even then, I couldn't bring myself to buy it.  It's a cool concept and all, but seems way overpriced.

That seems to be the MO with Lego recently, especially on their licensed themes.  I saw the new Superhero sets at TRU and the 78 piece Batman / Catwoman motorcycle set was $18.  Granted, that probably includes TRU's markup since I think they're the only store getting those right now, but still.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2011, 12:14 AM »
Yeah if I see the advent calendar after Christmas for a decent enough discount I'll pick it up. If not, no big loss. I really just want a few of the minifigures (but that's also every LEGO set, heh).

I need to look for a list of mini sets too, I know there are some I missed out on during my LEGO hiatus. I've actually seen a few red/white packaged sets at the local grocery store I might pick up.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks