Author Topic: Lego Mini vehicle line - What do you think?  (Read 28260 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re:Mini Line-What do you think?
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2003, 03:44 AM »
Just say the word, and I'll shoot you a set of them Dale!  Probably run you about $22 bucks (U.S.) with shipping to send them up your way...

UPDATE:  Okee doke Dale, mini-line heading your way soon!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2003, 01:49 PM by JediMAC »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2003, 02:00 PM »
I wanted to add that although I think these mini-sets are really cool, I'm mildly annoyed at Lego for the way they're getting that mini-Tie Bomber vehicle out:  By dividing it up into 4 parts, and including one quarter of it in each of the first 4 lego mini-sets.  Simple English: you have to buy all 4 mini sets, to make a complete Tie Bomber.

Certainly a clever marketing strategy on Lego's part, but it bothers me since I only collect the Original Trilogy stuff when it comes to Legos - no Prequel Legos.  Well, obviously that little selective shopping method of mine is now out the window, since I've got to pick up two Prequel mini sets here in order to get my complete OT Tie Bomber.  Bummer.  Oh well, at least they're only $4 a pop, so it doesn't put me out too much more.  And like I said, these are really cool little sets - even the Prequel ones, and especially the Tie Bomber!

On a side note, if you're looking into picking this line up, take note that the Vader's Tie/X-Wing mini set seems to be the hot one and is already becoming HTF in my area, so snag that one if you have the chance.  The other 3 sets are sitting on the shelves at several of my local Targets, so no apparent worries with those...

Offline Please Lock This Account

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2003, 10:35 AM »
I think it is a great marketing ploy for LEGO. Naturally, I bought them all! (Including Tantive IV, and MINI TIE)  ;D

Offline krisvds

• Jedi Initiate
  • VLPS
    • View Profile
    • VLPS
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2003, 01:32 PM »
found thel, but OVERPRICED ! I am waiting for cheaper ones...

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Mini Line-What do you think?
« Reply #19 on: February 3, 2003, 10:48 PM »
Here's a Star Wars Lego picture with some of the new mini-sets in it (second shelf).  Thanks to JediCrippler for pointing it out over at GH.  Looks like there's a Republic Gunship, AT-AT, Battle Droid Carrier, and a Millenium Falcon.  I believe the next ship to be "put together" through the purchase of all 4 sets (like the Tie Bomber) will be the Y-Wing.  Cool to see Lego continuing to hammer out these mini ships.  Love 'em!

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2003, 08:30 AM »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2003, 03:50 PM »
Great looking mini-ships again!  Of course, since these sets contain much larger ships, you only get one ship per set, rather than 2 like in the previous wave.  But that's fine with me.  Plus, you still get that extra quarter of a Y-Wing in each set as well, just like with the previous Tie Bomber.  Very nicely done Lego folks, keep it up!

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2003, 12:51 AM »
I like all the new mini's in the picture that DSJ provided, but the AT-AT looks like crap.  All the other ones in that picture looks really good.
dustrho

Offline Zedbadee

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 5, 2003, 07:41 PM »
What the heck they were free, why not?

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2003, 12:09 AM »
I use to have all the Star Wars Legos. But in 2002 I started to get away from them. I like the lego line and all but they take up so much room. So I only have a few sets now. I have purchased the mimi lego sets but ended up giving them to my nephew. I will just stay with the large sets that I like.
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline Klaatu

• Youngling
  • MTFBWY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2003, 02:16 AM »
The mini sets are very cool for what they are.  I like the fact that  you get the extra pieces in each kit as opposed to buying 2 of each just to make the Tie Bomber.

Offline Depmode

• Jedi Initiate
  • Utinni!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2003, 10:15 PM »
I wasn't excited about the mini due to teh fact i thought the mini tie was lame once I got it. BUT, when I did get the 4 mini sets, my mind changed. The AT-ST/Snowspeeder pack is my favorite. I think all the sets are really neat. I am really looking forward to the summer ones, as I think it will be interesting to put together those scale of vehicles :)
James
DepmodeETS@aol.com
AIM: DepmodeETS
My lego collection: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Depmode

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
New Mini wave availible @ shop.lego.com!
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2003, 11:20 PM »
The new wave of minis (AT-AT, Millenium Falcon, MTT, Republic Gunship) have arrived at shop.lego.com!

http://shop.lego.com/product.asp?prod_id=K4488

You can order them seperately, or in a four pack! They're also availible in Europe.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2003, 08:19 PM by Slave_531 »
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: New Mini wave availible @ shop.lego.com!
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2003, 09:11 AM »
I wonder if they will be available up here. The last Mini's showed up here at Sears & Safeway. They look very nice & I will be getting a set.   8)

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
Re: New Mini wave availible @ shop.lego.com!
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2003, 06:13 PM »
I'll wait for these to hit the retail stores where they should be a bit cheaper I think.  Does "Lego shop at home" usually mark up their product a bit more than what the stores charge for the same thing?  The first four mini-sets went for only $3.99 a piece in stores, so I'm guessing these would be close to that amount, rather than the steep $6.99 price that Lego's site is charging.  Great little sets though!   8)

Lego's site isn't even working anyways!   >:(
« Last Edit: June 11, 2003, 06:15 PM by Snively Bandar »