Author Topic: Consolidated Customs Threads  (Read 2869 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Consolidated Customs Threads
« on: September 2, 2005, 12:33 PM »
Hi All,

Since I've had a few requests over the last few weeks, I thought I'd sticky this for a bit.

If you'd like one single thread for all of your custom work (like CHEWIE, Gregorbian, or Master_Phruby have), just let me know (via PM) and I can smoosh all of your older custom threads into one master thread for ya!

Thanks,
Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Consolidated Customs Threads
« Reply #1 on: September 2, 2005, 12:51 PM »
Thanks Jeff. I hope that wasn't alot of work for you.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: September 2, 2005, 12:57 PM »
Thanks Jeff. I hope that wasn't alot of work for you.

No, not hard to do at all.  Just a few quick-clicks of the "merge" button.   :)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 2, 2005, 03:22 PM »
Awesome.  I love seeing everyone's work together in their own thread.  Thanks Jeff!

:P

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: January 5, 2006, 10:43 AM »
*bump*

As a reminder, since we have a lot of new folks here -

From time time to time as this place gets too cluttered with new threads, we may start consolidating your threads into one big thread so that all of your work is collected into one space.

That way, it is easier for others to view and comment on your work instead of trying to dig through a bunch of threads to fins a certain figure/custom.

Thanks!

Offline TR1ER

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Commando Customs
« Reply #5 on: January 5, 2006, 09:56 PM »
My bad dawg I did not know that you guys got down like that over here. Im sorry for the separate post I made on my customs. I have never combined all of my customs in to 1 thread before. I have seen it done by Chewie at some others site's but I thought that was just the way he did things ;D.
It was pointed out to me and I will mesh my work into 1 thread here at JD. Again sorry about I ment no harm.  :-[
A site dedicated to all types of customs from GIJOE,STAR WARS,MARVEL and 12" scale. So stop on by and check out http://www.commandocustoms.com/board/ .

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 5, 2006, 11:29 PM »
No harm done at all!  We're glad you have you here!

:P

Offline TR1ER

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Commando Customs
« Reply #7 on: January 6, 2006, 03:28 AM »
Thanks chewie it's great to be here!
A site dedicated to all types of customs from GIJOE,STAR WARS,MARVEL and 12" scale. So stop on by and check out http://www.commandocustoms.com/board/ .

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #8 on: January 6, 2006, 04:03 AM »
My bad dawg I did not know that you guys got down like that over here. Im sorry for the separate post I made on my customs. I have never combined all of my customs in to 1 thread before. I have seen it done by Chewie at some others site's but I thought that was just the way he did things ;D.
It was pointed out to me and I will mesh my work into 1 thread here at JD. Again sorry about I ment no harm.  :-[

Well, I don't think we've really got any set rules on how best to present your different custom works, to be honest.  So no worries at all, TR1ER.  I know a lot of folks 'round here just like to keep things a little more consolidated and organized than you might find elsewhere, so there's less "clutter" and more room to show off everyone else's work as well.  But we certainly wouldn't expect any newer folks to know that right off the bat, so don't sweat it.  ;)

Of course, one way I've done things around our boards here in the past, is to let several threads run their course for a while, and once they've fizzled out and aren't as active after a week or two, I've merged them together.  So that's an option too.  Up to you guys though, so whatever floats your boat(s).

If the custom crew here wants some more solid guidelines on how folks should lay out their customs, we'd be happy to listen to your ideas, and put some slightly more stringent guidelines in place if you'd like.  Whatever you guys think works best for this section.  Just holler.  You know where to find us...  ;)

- Matt

Offline TR1ER

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Commando Customs
« Reply #9 on: January 6, 2006, 04:06 AM »
Thanks JediMAC.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #10 on: January 6, 2006, 10:26 AM »
Yeah, what Matt said - no worries.

Some people just like having all their threads smooshed together is all.

And, like Matt also said, any merging of threads that is done is usually done behind the scenes after the work has been out there a while (and drifted back to page 4-5 or something).

Jeff