Author Topic: Class Reunions  (Read 4169 times)

Offline Sith Lord Cosmo

• Jedi Initiate
  • Detroit, WHAT?!
    • View Profile
Re: Class Reunions
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2003, 01:47 PM »
My 5 year should be this year.  From what I understand it won't be happening.  No big loss
Hotter than Bond.  Cooler than Bullitt

Offline roguestormtrooper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2003, 01:55 PM »
Never went to one and have no intentions of going...  If I would've wanted to see those people again,  I would've kept in touch... ::)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2003, 12:48 AM »
The damnedest thing happened to me today. Some girl I graduated with mentioned that someone was planning our 5-year reunion. Now, this girl was barely aware I existed until she wrote in my yearbook 'I wish I'd have gotten to know you better! Bye!' or something like that, and now she was acting like we were a tight knit group in high school. Right.

Funny how the heads seem to come out of a$$es when cliques fall apart.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Becky

• Youngling
  • Peace..
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2003, 11:40 PM »
Well, I went to my 10 year reunion.  I initially hated the whole event.  Everyone was still in that comparison mode on who has done what with their lives.  

But, then a group of us broke off and went to this local bar (from our area.)  I must admit that is when we all had fun.  They had karoke that night.  Everyone made fools out of themselves, including me.

I just wished I wouldn't have spent the money to go to the first part of it.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2003, 05:06 PM »
I went to mine last year and the game the night before.  It was interesting to see how people had changed appearence wise.  It was even funnier to see those that looked nearly the same.  One guy still has hair to his back and looks like an idiot just like back then.  One guy looked like he did not even age and had the same spikey haircut.  One dude that was physically fit in HS gained about 80 lbs of flab and looked like hell.  I thought that was hilarious because he acted like such the man in HS.  

Mine was ok I suppose all in all.  I did talk with several people.  That was fun.  There was some girl I dumped in HS and she was glaring at me the whole night.  C'mon it was 10 years or more lighten up!!!  I could not believe that.  

However, I only stayed for about 2.5 hours.  I don't think I'd go to another one.  At least I can say that I went.  No big deal either way.  

Oh yeah, the main groups still remained intact.  I think itls just because people are comfortable with the folks they hung out with in school and want to get caught up with them before moving on to people they did not know.  

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2003, 01:33 PM »
So I went and actually had a really great time.  I am really glad I turned a 180 on this one.  We had a big party on Friday night at my friends house with a lot of my good close friends from back in the day.  Saw some people I hadn't seen in 7,8,9 years.  It was great, sad thing is I had to leave around 11 so I was really glad I went to the reunion on Saturday too.  Got to catch up some more with people who were there on Friday, saw a ton of friends who I hadn't seen since graduation.  Good times...

Highlight of the evening was one guy dancing naked on the dance floor due to a little bit too much to drink...fool

Sad thing was the fact that only 100 or so out of our class of 400 came, there were 30-40 more people I honestly would love to see and catch up.  

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2003, 10:48 PM »
I skipped mine.  First, I had to work.  Second, I wasn't really fond of a lot of the people in my school.  It was way too clique-ish back then, and I didn't really feel like revisiting that.

On a similar note, my 10th College reunion is coming up next year.  I might go to that one, although I haven't decided for certain.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback