Author Topic: Other Retailers... Check them out!  (Read 4211 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Other Retailers... Check them out!
« on: August 13, 2005, 05:19 PM »
A few months back I remember that Kohl's was getting in the red Clone Commander wave before anyone else was.  Today, a friend of mine found the Mustafar Sentry and black Clone Pilots at a Kohl's... I've also heard that Gordman's has gotten in the Tarkin wave a couple of times.

So, if you can't find what you are looking for at the typical places, it might be worth your while to check out some of those other places like Kohl's and Gordman's that do have a toy department too.

Even Family Dollar... they've been getting in VOTC figures lately for $5.00 I hear.  I missed out on some Stormtroopers, but did get a couple of Fetts for diorama purposes.

Any other places you guys might find stuff that you wouldn't expect?

:P

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: Other Retailers... Check them out!
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2005, 06:43 PM »
Yeah. always check those out of the way places.  If anyone finds a VOTC Chewie out there for $5, grab one for me.  I've been checking the ones here, and so far no joy.

Offline The Professor

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • My Custom Dioramas at The Jawa
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2005, 09:47 PM »
I'm sometimes surprised by K-Mart.  They were the first place I saw the 500th Vader and the AT-TE gunner.  Back when Episode II came out, a K-Mart in my area was also the first place to have Anakin Hangar Duel, Count Dooku, and Yoda.  They've even dramatically increased the size of their Star Wars section recently while most other stores have been decreasing the size of their sections.  Anyway,  sometimes places off the beaten path are best for rare finds.
"Go plug the professor into the back!"

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2005, 10:13 PM »
Yeah, Kmart often gets overlooked, but usually it seems they don't have jack.  But ever so often, they seem to get in some items even weeks before the other retailers in my area do.  So, they are worth going by when I think a new item might be showing up there... I might pay a couple more bucks to get it there, but at least I get it a little earlier and save time and gas from driving in a Walmart-TRU-Target circle.   :)

:P

Offline The Professor

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • My Custom Dioramas at The Jawa
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2005, 02:41 AM »
My biggest problem with K-Mart is pricing.  Things are always overpriced there.
"Go plug the professor into the back!"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2005, 03:20 AM »
K-Mart's been a haven here at times.  They were the first to break the 4/2 streetdate of ANY retailer in the country, and they have actually probably had more consistancy of getting in EVERY figure from various lines.  Albeit many were here and gone within the day when things were "tight" in the line, but KM's been a solid distributor.  Above and beyond Wal-Mart that's for sure.

Price is killer though.  Right now, ROTS stuff's selling at KM (and they're bone dry at most locations), but it's $7 - $8 a figure.  :(
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2005, 04:28 AM »
$7.29 at K-Mart here.... no thanks. :-\
"This is the way."

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2005, 06:27 AM »
Eh I buy from KMart every so often. I bought a Agen Kolar figure JUST to have one before the 4/2 street date. It would be nice to stroll in and have them have a couple of Gunships though. :)
I remember my dream now.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2005, 11:26 AM »
KMart recently came through for me - I'd been going crazy trying to get a MOMC set of the Tarkin wave figures.

My local WalMart got them in, but all of the pieces were banged up. So that took care of my loose ones, but not my MOC ones. I tried ordering for Amazon and that didn't work, I tried ordering from a seller on eBay and got screwed, so to find them at KMart for $6.99 each, I was happy to finally get the ordeal of getting these figures over with.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline proudfather2

• Jedi Initiate
  • Todd
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2005, 11:18 PM »
I definitely agree with you Chewie. Those places off the beaten path occasionally offer nice rewards.

Since those Kohl's finds came in a couple months back I've  made them a regular part of my runs. Best of all, my wife shops at Kohl's frequently so she does it for me.

Also found Commanders, AT-TE Gunners, Pilots at Kroger stores. My local Kroger even has a minty OTC Imperial Trooper on the pegs (saw it last night). That blew my mind as I thought he was kinda hard to find.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 1, 2005, 04:57 AM »
Found good SW stuff(basic figs) (for higher price) at RiteAid and Walgreens as well ;)

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 1, 2005, 12:23 PM »
About a year ago I saw and bought a POTJ Zutton at... Safeway grocery stores of all places. And a little after 4/2 I bought the red commander at Kohl's.

Offline Ner_vod

• Jedi Initiate
  • HAHA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 4, 2005, 04:32 PM »
The KB at the mall near where i live has only a little selection of SW figs but there about only $2-$3

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 4, 2005, 08:01 PM »
went into an Albertson's today and found ROTS x1 saesee tinn,x1 aayla,x1 Luminara, x1 Ki- adi, x1 tarfulls,x1 Agen Kolar, and finally  :o x2 chewbacca's(haven't seen a chewy since april).

Offline Tijuanajedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ay Chichona!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2005, 10:15 PM »
Longs Drugs (enough said)