Author Topic: WalMart Mega Display  (Read 5483 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
WalMart Mega Display
« on: September 3, 2005, 04:11 PM »
I don't know if you guys will find this or not, but I just got back from my Walmart and for some reason in the SNACK BAR area there is a 64 peg hook mega display of star wars, filled with the case assortment that has the Red Coruscant Clone and Green Clone Commander packed 1 per case.  They had 35 of each figure.  There is also clone 41's, Mustafar sentries, Obi Pilot, Vader, 4 armed Grievous, and Palps black robes in that case.  Also AT RT drivers galore.

That's a very weird spot for this, not sure if it's nation wide, but man, what a huge score that was for me.  Give it a shot.

Also, there were no new figures in their regular section in the toy aisle.  Just this enormous display in the snack bar.

Happy Hunting.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: WalMart Mega Display
« Reply #1 on: September 3, 2005, 04:19 PM »
I wouldn't doubt that that spot was the only place some genius could make room for the display.  So, in the snack area they go.

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 3, 2005, 04:40 PM »
Maybe that explains why my local Wally for over a week now has nothing in the regular section. I'll have to check that out next time I go.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #3 on: September 3, 2005, 05:04 PM »
Maybe that explains why my local Wally for over a week now has nothing in the regular section. I'll have to check that out next time I go.

Same here. It would supprise me, Wlam-Mart is the single most unorganized place on Earth. >:(
"This is the way."

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 3, 2005, 06:15 PM »
Would the Snack Bar be the area where the McDonalds is?
« Last Edit: September 3, 2005, 06:16 PM by Diddly »
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #5 on: September 3, 2005, 08:15 PM »
Hmm. My local WM doesn't have a snack bar anymore, but rather a Subway.   :P
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 3, 2005, 08:57 PM »
The snack bar has rainbow writing over it and is painted gold and brown, in my walmart it's immediately when you walk in on the right, they also have lots of stuffed animals and bears in there, kinda reminds me of an arcade or something.  Anyhow, I went back after dinner, still not having believed that a 64 peg hook display of all new assortment figures was set up here, I asked the person behind the counter what the deal was.  She said that it's in the planogram for Walmarts to have this area until after Christmas, and that it was set up last night. I went to town on the army builders.  They also have a couple shelves of ships and lightsabers underneath all the peg hooks, I'll be checking back for Evolutions.  Oddly enough, it seems that the Mustafar Sentry was in even shorter supply than the Red Shock Clones and Green Commanders.  Still don't get that part, maybe someone in my hood really loves that figure or something.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 3, 2005, 09:32 PM »
Weird, I will have to keep my eyes peeled at my Walmart.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #8 on: September 3, 2005, 10:13 PM »
So maybe it's in the little nook that one of my local WMs has for that arcade thingy then. I haven't been there to look, but locally, WM doesn't really bother with stuff like this. I remember when WMs were getting a lot of ML 5 figures and they were being placed on endcaps. Never saw those here.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 3, 2005, 10:21 PM »
Next time I swing in there I'm bringing my digital camera and I'll post a pic here to show you guys the section of the store I'm talking about and help you find it.  It looks like a freakin' movie release.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 3, 2005, 10:26 PM »
Every Wal-Mart within two hours of where I live in any direction looks like it has just been through a war.  One day I walked into the toy aisle at the nearest WM and there was a bicycle with one wheel up on the shelf where the Evolutions figures were supposed to be.  I was almost hit by a heat seeking missle being shot from the electronics department too.  True story.*

I would be completely shocked if any WM in my vicinity did something like this for any reason, movie, DVD, or not.  And if they did, they'd somehow find more Neimoidian Warriors, Clone Pilots, Palpatines, and Wookiee Warriors to stock the pegs with, as that's all they've had here for the last three months.  ::)

*the missle story is absolutely not true, but the bicycle story is
« Last Edit: September 3, 2005, 10:27 PM by DoctorPadawan »

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 3, 2005, 10:27 PM »
They may have one of these at my Wal-Mart, over by the grocery section. I heard that people can have birthday parties or wedding receptions in some new room at the local WM (what a great idea! Kids, have your birthday at Wal-Mart!). I've never seen it though, as I always enter and exit through the lawn and garden section, where the toys are closest to. I'll check it out next time I go.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 4, 2005, 12:44 AM »
Holy crap!  This is unexpected news... I'll need to check all of these sections at the Walmarts in my area now for the next two weeks.  Then, I'll skip a day, and they will put them out that day and everyone in my area will get to them before I do.   :-\

:P

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 4, 2005, 08:23 PM »
Damn, Chewie and I was honestly waiting for another "movie scene" from you hosting about 30 of these bastards :( ::)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 4, 2005, 10:39 PM »
You mean of the Red Shocktrooper?  I'm not sure if you are being sarcastic or not.  But I don't plan on getting too many of that figure anyways.

:P