Author Topic: why so few jedi from the clone wars???  (Read 6941 times)

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
why so few jedi from the clone wars???
« on: September 3, 2005, 07:28 PM »
the clone wars line is a really great line, and there where quite a few jedi in the clone wars animated movie, so why didn't they make more jedi in this line? i would love to have seen an aayla secura and ki adi mundi in some really cool battle gear, not to mention the other jedi charecters like k'khruk..... just somnthing i was think when i watched the clone wars dvd this morning!

erik
=jEdIsTyLe=
---------------------------------------------------------
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: why so few jedi from the clone wars???
« Reply #1 on: September 6, 2005, 10:40 PM »
They probably did not know how well the cartoon series would go over.  So they stuck with the main characters and clonetroopers.  That is my guess anyway. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: September 7, 2005, 03:16 AM »
If we're talking the "realistic" line over the toon, I've heard that the realistic line was working off limited information.  I personally think some more Jedi would've been great, especially if they did non-film Jedi like the Ithorian, Muftak one...  Or Shaggy even.  I'm not a fan of the toon line though so I'm biased.

The realistic line had little to go off of from the toon though.  A shame since I really wish they'd expand the realistic line some with new figures (I don't count the half-hearted efforts of Anakin, Assajj, and Obi-Wan from the battlepack though.  A good start but failed results in the end).

Give me a super articulated ARC Trooper (sergeant red and trooper blue variants), super articulated Obi-Wan, Anakin (Duel Damage), and Assajj though and that's some great choices I think.  A couple of the non-film Jedi, maybe Sae Sae Tinn in Zero-G assault armor, Mace Windu (battle damage), Yoda w/mount, ARC with Mini-Gun...  Mix in the original SA Clone sculpt too for grunts (and variants) and you've got me sold on a whole new Clone Wars line.  Reboot it because it's a line that needs it desperately.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 7, 2005, 12:10 PM »
i wasn't a fan of the toon line either. but the realistic line was great. why did they have so little to go on with this line? there isn't a figure in this line that i don't like. i guess i'm just a really big fan of jedi charecters! ;D

erik
=jEdIsTyLe=
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #4 on: September 7, 2005, 03:42 PM »
I'm kind of biased ;), but I'm definitely rooting for more movie-style CW figures. With the new fulltime series debuting in 2007, I'd say there's a good chance of toys based on that. And if those do well, we can hope they'll go back for Voolvif Monn, Sha'agi, etc etc.

However, they really need to do an SA ARC trooper now. Release it as a $45 Target exclusive for all I care--just get it on the market. (Words I may live to regret.... ::))
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: September 8, 2005, 12:43 AM »
Blasphemer!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 9, 2005, 11:37 AM »
I'm all for some more CW figures, as long as they are not toon-styled.  Here's what I'd go for -

Wave 1 - AOTC styled figures -

- SA White Clonetrooper X 3 (repack)
- Quinlin Vos x3 (new sculpt)
- Padme x 3 (snow bunny outfit)
- Battle Droid x 3 (ROTS sculpt, red and tan variants)

Wave 2 - AOTC styled figures -

- IG Lancer Droid x 3 (new sculpt)
- Obi Wan in Clone Armor x 3 (new sculpt)
- Barris Offee x 3 (new sculpt)
- Anakin x 3 - (new sculpt fighting Ventress)

Wave 3 - ROTS styled figures -

- Mace Windu x 3 (new sculpt)
- General Grievous x 3 (new sculpt)
- Master K'Kruch x 3 (new sculpt)
- Durge x 3 (swoop repack)

Vehicles -

- Tank Droid
- AT-TE

And I don't want to see all kinds of fake looking armor on the Jedi, but maybe that's just me.

:P

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 9, 2005, 01:08 PM »
i like the boot armor on the jedi, the shin guards armor... i think it looks really cool, but just boot armor. i really liked the removable wrist guard armor.

i like the style of the clone wars figures. there isn't anything i didn't like about this line. but if it was continued, i'd like to see some leg & shoulder articulation on the jedi. ;D

erik
=jEdIsTyLe=

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2005, 12:29 AM »
I don't have a problem with the wacky armor. We have plenty of versions of the Jedi in "normal" outfits in the regular lines. What's wrong with a change of pace from the moldy old bathrobes now and again? ;) That's what an EU line is for, after all.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2005, 12:50 AM »
I like movie sculpting but accurate to the toon's looks of each character.

For instance Mace's costume wasn't like his film ones but it was not garbled up with all kinds of ugly armor really.

Sae Sae Tinn they made a good figure for him, as with Obi-Wan, but both could've used more articulation.  Both were in the better category of CW figures I thought.

Figures I'd like include:

-IG Lancer Droids w/bikes (Deluxe ala the Deluxe Durge)
-Lancer Clones w/bikes (released with the droids, and I'd like new bikes/swoops for both figures.  Do the speederbike justice and sculpt it to-scale like the Secura BARC Speeder got)
-Aquatic Assault Clone (Kit needs a companion)
-Massassi Battle Anakin (articulate the other arm and legs on the battlepack Anakin, tone down the "make-up", and that's a nice SA damaged Ani).  A softgoods vest you can "rip" off him is a neat idea too.
-Armored Obi-Wan...  No removable armor, just nice articulation softgoods cape, and removable helmet.  I'd buy an extra Clone for the bike just for this figure. :)
-Battledroid Deluxe Pack (3 droids, 1 cream, 1 red, 1 green).
-SA Clone Deluxe Pack (3 Clones.  2 white, 1 color and that color varies by pack)
-SA ARC Trooper (blue and red variants w/"special weapons" like the shoulder launcher, mini-gun, etc.)
-Muftak Jedi
-Ithorian Jedi
-New Mace
-New Anakin (E2 and E3 styled heads interchangeable for early and late-war looks).
-Sha'Gi
-Grievous Damaged Ki-Adi Mundi
-Royal Guard re-releases (blue and red)
-Republic "Crewman" (seen prepping Torrent Fighters)
-Yoda w/Mount Deluxe Figure
-Damaged Mace Windu & SBD Deluxe 2-pack

I'm sure I could think of other stuff really if I had my DVD to look at too.  Not to mention vehicles.  I'd love a to-scale Torrent Fighter and to-scale Fanblade fighter.  :)

Oh and then the thugs from Assajj's "trials" there's a ton of ideas there...  Snowbunny padme, 3PO incognito (cloak), Palpatine variety...  :)  I love the CW toons and think figures from them would just be great, but only in the movie styled sculpting, just keeping accurate to the toon's ideas of costumes and such.

Those battlepack figures we got recently were all a disappointment to me.  Even Assajj was worse (IMO) than the CW carded figure I felt.

Offline Tijuanajedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ay Chichona!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 2, 2005, 07:40 AM »
I like the toons, but for entertainment only, I would love to see some non animated new figures as well.