Author Topic: EU Clone concepts - UPDATED 10/13 V.2 Stormtrooper  (Read 38513 times)

Offline jubjubjedi

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
EU Clone concepts - UPDATED 10/13 V.2 Stormtrooper
« on: September 5, 2005, 05:38 PM »
*I've updated with pics of a concept V.2 Stormtrooper*

Hey guys, this is my first post on this board, so be kind ;).  Darth Delicious, whom I've corresponded with on the Rebelscum forums, invited me to join this board and show of some of my Clone concepts.  I guess I got bitten by the Clone bug really bad ;D.  Anyway, I've been trying to do some commission work for anybody interested in creating their own Clone character(s).  You come up with the concept/idea, send me any vital information/pics that you think needs to be incorporated into the design and I'll work with you to come up with a character specific to your desire.  Clones are my specialty, but I think I'll eventually venture into Jedi and possibly Droids.  I haven't had any luck in RS boards (many people with ideas, none willing to pay or trade), so I figured that I'd try it out here.  With the exception of the Airborne, Halo, Recon and Elite Clone troopers, which are designed by fellow RS board member AESEVEN7 (who actually did all the custom figures pictured also) and then illustrated by me, all the characters were designed and rendered by yours truly.  Anyway, I have a meager want list for anybody who might want to try it out, I'll follow up this post with my first character.

WANTS LIST:
K-Mart Temple attack 5 pack x1
AOTC Geonosian War Room 3 pack (the set w/ San Hill)
Complete Jedi Council set (all pieces)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2005, 02:47 AM by jubjubjedi »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Expanded Universe Clone concepts
« Reply #1 on: September 5, 2005, 05:48 PM »
jubjub, welcome to the customizing community here.  I think you will find a very nice, mature crowd here who appreciates your work.

Most of us here make our own customs, but there are definitely times that commissions are in order.  I've been known to purchase an item from Owen D at www.owenscustoms.com from time to time.   ;)

Well, I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with.  I've seen your concepts over at scum, but haven't seen too many customs that I am aware of.  Bring on your clones, and as the clone bug slowly dies out, I'm sure we'll see some other cool things from you as well.   :)

:P

Offline jubjubjedi

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
CLONE COMMISSAR STRAASHA
« Reply #2 on: September 5, 2005, 05:49 PM »
This guy's look is part Russian and German in influence, hence the colors, long skirt, high neck collar, and tall helmet.  The helmet attachment is meant to be a comprehensive communications and sensory array, similar to what Commander Cody has, but more elaborate.  He comes with a high-powered sniper rifle...though a former ARC trooper of significance, he is mostly in a commanding position now.  I envisioned the rank of Commissar being established during the transition between Republic and Empire.  A direct liason between Palpatine and the vast beureacracy that was formerly the Grand Army of the Republic, the post became necessary when all the former commanding officers, the Jedi, became fugitives.  He commands the obedience of subjugated planets through force and propaganda.

Offline jubjubjedi

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 5, 2005, 05:52 PM »
jubjub, welcome to the customizing community here.  I think you will find a very nice, mature crowd here who appreciates your work.

Most of us here make our own customs, but there are definitely times that commissions are in order.  I've been known to purchase an item from Owen D at www.owenscustoms.com from time to time.   ;)

Well, I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with.  I've seen your concepts over at scum, but haven't seen too many customs that I am aware of.  Bring on your clones, and as the clone bug slowly dies out, I'm sure we'll see some other cool things from you as well.   :)

:P

Thanks for the kind welcome Chewy!  I am strangely transfixed by your avatar... :P

Offline Ner_vod

• Jedi Initiate
  • HAHA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 5, 2005, 05:57 PM »
Welcome JubJub! I saw your concepts at RS and loved the airborne trooper and the halo trooper! :D

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #5 on: September 5, 2005, 06:15 PM »
I think this one of my favorites of your's. Aseven7 did the custom correct? I Can definitely see the Russina/German influnences there. I really like color combo you went with and the long skirt is really cool, it sets it apart form other clone Commanders.

How do you draw these? Do you have a pad for your computer or are they hand drawn with pencil/paper the old fashioned way? I'm assuming you at least colorze it on the computer. I t always amazes me how people do that, it is something I want to learn but I don't think I'd be good at.

I'd like to see a Clone with some Roman Legionaire influences, I think that would look really cool.

It is great to see your work here, keep it up. :)
"This is the way."

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 5, 2005, 06:26 PM »
Welcome, jubjub! I think you'll find this forum to be a little more detailed in it's feedback than over at RS. While there's not as much traffic, people here seem to be more concerned with helping others become better customizers than simply increasing their post count with messages like "Kewl!"

Commissar Strassha (sp?) is very cool, but to me he almost seems like a clone that gained individuality and went rogue, and became a warlord on some outer rim territory. Very cool and cold looking. The SS influence is pretty apparent and works well on this design.

Can't wait to see more! Don't keep us in suspense!

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline jubjubjedi

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 5, 2005, 06:29 PM »
I think this one of my favorites of your's. Aseven7 did the custom correct? I Can definitely see the Russina/German influnences there. I really like color combo you went with and the long skirt is really cool, it sets it apart form other clone Commanders.

How do you draw these? Do you have a pad for your computer or are they hand drawn with pencil/paper the old fashioned way? I'm assuming you at least colorze it on the computer. I t always amazes me how people do that, it is something I want to learn but I don't think I'd be good at.

I'd like to see a Clone with some Roman Legionaire influences, I think that would look really cool.

It is great to see your work here, keep it up. :)

Hey there!  Yes, AESEVEN7 did the custom figure.
The entire thing is pretty much rendered by hand, first a 2-step sketch on Vellum since I usually use a pre-posed template, photocopied or scanned and printed, rendered with markers and highlighted with pencils, and then color corrected and enchanced on Photoshop.  
I definitely want to do the Roman Legionaire influence eventually.  Though it's been done in the Warhammer 40,000 RPG universe quite a bit, there are still original ways to go about it.  Specifically, I want to use the horse mane/brush crest helmet-look in some way and still retain the SW look.

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #8 on: September 5, 2005, 06:35 PM »
Hey JubJub,

KEWL!  (jk  ::))

I sometimes lurk the RS Customs boards and I have been admiring your clone concepts for a while.  They are all very impressive - the amount of detail that goes into each is amazing and they all look great.  I'm pretty sure that all of your concept clones are way outta my league, but I hope some of the other guys here tackle some of them. 
I love that Clone Commissar.  Do you know about Warhammer 40k?  It reminds me of some of the Imperial Guard Commissars from that line.  That might be because they were influeced by the same historical references as you though.  Anyway, great concept and I hope to see some more!
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline jubjubjedi

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 5, 2005, 06:38 PM »
Welcome, jubjub! I think you'll find this forum to be a little more detailed in it's feedback than over at RS. While there's not as much traffic, people here seem to be more concerned with helping others become better customizers than simply increasing their post count with messages like "Kewl!"

Commissar Strassha (sp?) is very cool, but to me he almost seems like a clone that gained individuality and went rogue, and became a warlord on some outer rim territory. Very cool and cold looking. The SS influence is pretty apparent and works well on this design.

Can't wait to see more! Don't keep us in suspense!

-DD

Interesting!  It's great to see how other people interpret the same idea...that's one thing I like about doing this, it generates creativity in others!  I like your idea because I've been imagining a situation, post Order 66, where entire platoons in parts of the SW Galaxy either did not receive Order 66, or simply did not follow it due to genetic variation in the Clone process or otherwise.  Makes for interesting story-telling, something we will hopefully see in comics or the new TV series...

BTW, whose that in your avatar?  I'd like to get a closer look...

Offline jubjubjedi

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
AQUATIC CLONE COMMADO
« Reply #10 on: September 5, 2005, 06:45 PM »
I figured that I'd use the EP2 helmet because there is something about it that says "fish/aquatic" to me, for some reason.  The weapon is Mon Calamari in design and works to destroy droid targets by ionizing the water within a specific, cone-shaped area.  It's similar to the larger scale Ion-cannon in that sense.  It also employs micro-torpedo projectiles for targets that simply need to explode/implode underwater.  Blasters simply don't work in water...at least I don't think they should.  These guys are basically launched into battle via torpedo tubes and have propullsion backpacks for quick movement underwater.  They are also armed with vibro-blades and equiped with re-breathers like the Jedi have for use in emergencies.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #11 on: September 5, 2005, 06:51 PM »
I love that one design as well. I agree on the EP2 helmet looking alomst aquatic, that is what the scuba troopers wear. I really like how sleek this guy is, the breather cables look great swept back and aren't bulky or in the way. The redesign arm/leg armor looks excellent as well. Those fins are fantastic, they have a really organic look to them. The mounted gun is a great idea, but I'm not sure it would be too practial when swimming unlewss you actually are a Mon-Cal, I guess that's what the backpacks are for. The color sceme is very well done. For some reason, I'm not sure why, but my favorite part is the knife, it really sells it as an underwater custom, it makes hime very SEAL like.
"This is the way."

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #12 on: September 5, 2005, 07:16 PM »
hye jubjub how s it going good to have you here your work is amazing, but first of im gonna have to make that aqua clone ;
second if thats ok with u and
third i was wondering when i have my squad done if youd do a poster of them with your awsome skills in drawing

Offline jubjubjedi

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 5, 2005, 07:19 PM »
I love that one design as well. I agree on the EP2 helmet looking alomst aquatic, that is what the scuba troopers wear. I really like how sleek this guy is, the breather cables look great swept back and aren't bulky or in the way. The redesign arm/leg armor looks excellent as well. Those fins are fantastic, they have a really organic look to them. The mounted gun is a great idea, but I'm not sure it would be too practial when swimming unlewss you actually are a Mon-Cal, I guess that's what the backpacks are for. The color sceme is very well done. For some reason, I'm not sure why, but my favorite part is the knife, it really sells it as an underwater custom, it makes hime very SEAL like.

Yeah, I figured that you probably would need to have free arms anyway in an underwater battle, hence the jetpacks.  Heck, maybe the jets are directional based on visual information from the helmets ;D.  I usually try to throw in a few details that have definite real-world visual cues.  This makes the design somewhat recognizable in some way and the addition of the combat knife works in that same vein.

Offline jubjubjedi

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 5, 2005, 07:51 PM »
hye jubjub how s it going good to have you here your work is amazing, but first of im gonna have to make that aqua clone ;
second if thats ok with u and
third i was wondering when i have my squad done if youd do a poster of them with your awsome skills in drawing

Hey, sounds great!  I'd love to see plastic representations of any of these guys.  Let me know when you get your squad done!