Author Topic: EU Clone concepts - UPDATED 10/13 V.2 Stormtrooper  (Read 38509 times)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Expanded Universe Clone concepts-UPDATED 9/7
« Reply #30 on: September 8, 2005, 05:08 PM »
Sniper- I love the armor, the camo is really well done. I'm not really a fan of the helmet though. I see where you were going with it, but it just doesn't look right to me. I do like how you have the data cable going form the head to the gun it is a great idea but I think the gun needs some kind of scope. It wouldn't be very east to try and aim through the helmet alone, because if you zoomed in ou wouldn't be able to see the crosshairs on the gun. If in the event the helmet is damged, he'd be screwed without a scope on the rifle.

Close Combat Clone- I like the armor and idea of this guy a lot. That power fist thing would me mighty scary to see flying at your face. I think that you should have given him a carbine in addition to the pistol. Carbines are much lighter than rifles and are better suited for close combat. Especially since the carbines the clones have are fully auto and in small spaces that could do some damge against a big group of enemies.

Outlander Clone- Excellent design. I wouldn't change anything on this guy.

Urban Clone- He is very reminiscent of a SWAT officer. Great work on the  body armor and the coloring is very urban like.

Flamethrower clone- Another very nicely excuted design. I like how he has a breath mask, but where does it lead too? The cable is is attched to seems to lead right back to the fule tank.

Jedi- Nice and simple. But she is still very good looking.
"This is the way."

Offline jubjubjedi

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 8, 2005, 06:08 PM »
Sniper- I love the armor, the camo is really well done. I'm not really a fan of the helmet though. I see where you were going with it, but it just doesn't look right to me. I do like how you have the data cable going form the head to the gun it is a great idea but I think the gun needs some kind of scope. It wouldn't be very east to try and aim through the helmet alone, because if you zoomed in ou wouldn't be able to see the crosshairs on the gun. If in the event the helmet is damged, he'd be screwed without a scope on the rifle.

Close Combat Clone- I like the armor and idea of this guy a lot. That power fist thing would me mighty scary to see flying at your face. I think that you should have given him a carbine in addition to the pistol. Carbines are much lighter than rifles and are better suited for close combat. Especially since the carbines the clones have are fully auto and in small spaces that could do some damge against a big group of enemies.

Outlander Clone- Excellent design. I wouldn't change anything on this guy.

Urban Clone- He is very reminiscent of a SWAT officer. Great work on the  body armor and the coloring is very urban like.

Flamethrower clone- Another very nicely excuted design. I like how he has a breath mask, but where does it lead too? The cable is is attched to seems to lead right back to the fule tank.

Jedi- Nice and simple. But she is still very good looking.

Hey, thanks for the in-depth critique!
Sniper-I guess I was going for something that looked unique, not necessarily as practical in a militaristic sense.  But I figured that since this guy isn't a front line combatant as snipers are, they are capable of lugging around sensitive equipment, much in the same way real-world snipers treat their rifles like babies because they necessitate utmost precision.  The addition of a scope on the rifle makes sense, since the helmet can get damaged and it might not be necessary for all kinds of situations.  The helmet is only an attachment that can be flipped up like the visor of Commander Bly to reveal a regular helmet underneath.

CC Clone-Makes sense to me, or maybe something more akin to a sawed-off shotgun...

Urban Clone-The SWAT ideas is exactly what the guy I designed it for wanted, so I'm glad that came across.

Flamethrower-I haven't really thought about the backpack yet...but It would include fuel as well as O2, or whatever they breath in the SW universe...

Offline baragon

• Youngling
  • WHO WANTS ICE CREAM?!?!
    • View Profile
    • my photobucket account
« Reply #32 on: September 8, 2005, 06:38 PM »
when do you think you will be coming out with any more drawings of your amazing clones, because i know that other people,including me, love your ideas!
Although i would like to know when a close combat clone would be used.
I will eat you!!!

Offline jubjubjedi

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 8, 2005, 06:42 PM »
when do you think you will be coming out with any more drawings of your amazing clones, because i know that other people,including me, love your ideas!

Hey!  I'm currently working on a Special OPS clone w/ tactical gear which I should have done by the weekend.  As for the Close Combat Clone usage, I described it in the post on the first page.

Offline baragon

• Youngling
  • WHO WANTS ICE CREAM?!?!
    • View Profile
    • my photobucket account
« Reply #34 on: September 8, 2005, 06:49 PM »

Hey!  I'm currently working on a Special OPS clone w/ tactical gear which I should have done by the weekend.  As for the Close Combat Clone usage, I described it in the post on the first page.
Oops :o
I will eat you!!!

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 8, 2005, 10:13 PM »
Hey, those pics are great... and the clones by AE7 are (of course) amazing as well. Keep up the great work  :D

Offline jubjubjedi

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Special Ops Clone
« Reply #36 on: September 8, 2005, 11:26 PM »
Hey guys, before I colored him up, I figured I'd ask for some opinions/critiques first...

Offline darth_ripley

• Jedi Initiate
  • i'm the monster's mother...
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 8, 2005, 11:35 PM »
Hey, thanks!  Can't wait to see your Elite Mygeeto Clone... maybe you can have me illustrate it for you in case you want to do some packaging... ;D

i'm working on 3 clones at the moment, trying to get them cleared off my desk...but as soon as the Elite Mygeeto gets done, i'll definitely contact you about a drawing :) i gotta get better with PS before i attempt a card, i'm still not too good with it yet  :-[

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: EU Clone concepts-UPDATED 9/8 Special OPS Clone
« Reply #38 on: September 8, 2005, 11:54 PM »
Very cool. I really like the Splinter Cell style googles. :) Personally I'd ditch the kama, I think it would make too much noise and it be hard to be stealthy. I I think a silenced pistol, if they even make those in the SW universe. I guess it could be a projectile weapon, but he needs a way to kill silently from a distance. Color wise I think a grey black scheme is in order.
"This is the way."

Offline jubjubjedi

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 9, 2005, 12:14 AM »
Very cool. I really like the Splinter Cell style googles. :) Personally I'd ditch the kama, I think it would make too much noise and it be hard to be stealthy. I I think a silenced pistol, if they even make those in the SW universe. I guess it could be a projectile weapon, but he needs a way to kill silently from a distance. Color wise I think a grey black scheme is in order.

Lol, yeah, I had Splinter Cell in mind but I was also thinking about the Sentinels from the Matrix with all their multi-eyed horror.  Ditching the kama makes total sense, I guess I'm just really into that look.  I really haven't designed too many new weapons, but of course, the silenced gun makes perfect sense.  I just opted for the weapon that comes with the AT-RT action figure, whatever it is.  Besides the Vibro-blade, he also has a Force Baton on his right hip and numerous other things for sabotage and assasination missions.  I envisioned his unit to be under Vader directly, so his extra torso armor is suppose to be reminiscent of Vader's.  Black and grey, with some white peeking through just to break up the colors and a few red details (eyes), is exactly what I was thinking of.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #40 on: September 9, 2005, 12:27 AM »
I really like that gun. It reminds of the Republid Commando guns, it is a perfect fit.
"This is the way."

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 9, 2005, 12:33 AM »
Personnaly, I'd like to see that clone in an E2 styled helmet. To me, it says sleek and stealthy, vs the E3 helmet that says fearful and commanding.

I'd lose the kama and the sholder pauldron, for maybe somthing more Stealth fighter inspired. That would look awsome.

Cheers on the new design!

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline jubjubjedi

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
SPECIAL OPS CLONETROOPER
« Reply #42 on: September 9, 2005, 04:04 AM »

Jedi_Field_Commander's custom based on my initial Spec Ops Trooper design.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2005, 06:52 PM by jubjubjedi »

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
Re: EU Clone concepts-UPDATED 9/9 SPECIAL OPS TROOPER (FINISHED)
« Reply #43 on: September 9, 2005, 09:03 AM »
hey JJ nice stealth clone, but i would love to incorperate you designs on the sniper and many others. but to incorporate the element i want i have to see it could you draw the sniper helm (and just the helm so you dont have to go into detail on the b ody) from the front that way i can get a clear view thanks but if you cant thats ok to

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: EU Clone concepts-UPDATED 9/9 SPECIAL OPS TROOPER (FINISHED)
« Reply #44 on: September 9, 2005, 10:37 AM »
I can't believe how good you are at these.  I would love to see some non-clone designs too!

:P