Author Topic: EU Clone concepts - UPDATED 10/13 V.2 Stormtrooper  (Read 38507 times)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: EU Clone concepts-UPDATED 9/9 SPECIAL OPS TROOPER (FINISHED)
« Reply #45 on: September 9, 2005, 10:40 AM »
See Hasbro! How come we couldn't get something like this! The splinter cell goggles make the figure. I wonder how hard it would be to make one of these?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline baragon

• Youngling
  • WHO WANTS ICE CREAM?!?!
    • View Profile
    • my photobucket account
« Reply #46 on: September 9, 2005, 10:44 AM »
MAN that is amazing!!! :o
I will eat you!!!

Offline jubjubjedi

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 9, 2005, 02:26 PM »
hey JJ nice stealth clone, but i would love to incorperate you designs on the sniper and many others. but to incorporate the element i want i have to see it could you draw the sniper helm (and just the helm so you dont have to go into detail on the b ody) from the front that way i can get a clear view thanks but if you cant thats ok to

no problem, i've been meaning to work on this anyway since this is probably going to be made into a custom figure...

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #48 on: September 9, 2005, 04:10 PM »
Nice Spec Ops Clone!  I like his ninja vibe.  You are an amazing artist, I always look forward to your updates!  Keep 'em coming!
I also can't believe how quickly you colored that clone.  Are you a professional illustrator?

Have you done any "scenes" - like a BARC Trooper zipping through the forest on his speeder or a Close Combat Clone wailing on a battledroid?  I would love to see your take on those scenes!
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline crazy about Clones

• Youngling
  • I'm the first Star Wars custom ever created.....
    • View Profile
    • Rebelscum
« Reply #49 on: September 9, 2005, 05:32 PM »
Wow Awesome Spec Ops Clone!!! ;D I really like the Splinter Cell look, really makes the figure!(well not a figure yet but hopefully soon will be) Awesome Clone! 8) ;D
"I think the Kanucks of Vancouver are superior Warriors." Teal'c - Stargate SG-

"I like me" Caboose - Red vs Blue

Offline Ruprecht

• Jedi Initiate
  • Yes I did say it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 9, 2005, 06:29 PM »
Damn that's some awesome artwork you've done.  The spec ops, sniper, and urban clones are my favorites.  I think it'd be beneficial to every customizer to be able to so accurately detail what it'll turn out like, but not everyone has the talent you do.  Great work.

B

Offline baragon

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • my photobucket account
« Reply #51 on: September 9, 2005, 08:17 PM »
Man that is an awesome clone. But I think it could be better if you incorperated the designs of theCovert-ops clone or the spec-ops clone
jniebs
I will eat you!!!

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #52 on: September 9, 2005, 09:36 PM »
Man that is an awesome clone. But I think it could be better if you incorperated the designs of theCovert-ops clone or the spec-ops clone
jniebs

Seriously? ??? That could be one of the worst ideas I've heard in awhile, the SWS Covert-Ops Clone is lame. JJJ's is sooo much better. It actually looks stealthy, not like some rainbow trooper with shiney reflective armor. Those have no place in EU, Hasbro just made them up to make money off the people they know will but them.

JJJ, the clone turned out great, the clone turned out fantastic. I really like how the color turned out. He looks much better with out the kama. The ankle holster is a nice addition, that's where I would have put the holster if I had drawn it. This one urned out excellent. :)
"This is the way."

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2005, 12:15 PM »
Once again, I cant say enough about how cool these things are. Ive commented about them on several boards and I never get tired of seeing them. Its become somewhat of a game for me. I cant wait to see what he comes up with next. They are always better than the one previous.

Offline jubjubjedi

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 10, 2005, 04:24 PM »
Nice Spec Ops Clone!  I like his ninja vibe.  You are an amazing artist, I always look forward to your updates!  Keep 'em coming!
I also can't believe how quickly you colored that clone.  Are you a professional illustrator?

Have you done any "scenes" - like a BARC Trooper zipping through the forest on his speeder or a Close Combat Clone wailing on a battledroid?  I would love to see your take on those scenes!

Hey, thanks for the good words!  I'm not really a professional illustrator... I actually design shoes for a living :P.  Eventually, I'd like to get into Production design.  I'd love to do scenes, I guess I just haven't found too much time to do so, and frankly, I have too many Clone ideas running around in my head.  I'm getting a WACOM tablet this coming week, which should enable me to do my renderings directly into Photoshop (it's what all the pre-visuals guys use for movie pre-production for digital painting), so once I get used to that, it should speed things up a bit... up to this point, most of what I do is 90% by hand, with a bit of Photoshop enchancing afterward.

Offline baragon

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • my photobucket account
« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2005, 11:27 AM »
when do you think you will be doing another clone and what type will it be?
I will eat you!!!

Offline jubjubjedi

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2005, 02:04 PM »
when do you think you will be doing another clone and what type will it be?

Next one is a Commuications Clonetrooper ;D!  I should have that done sometime this week...

Offline jubjubjedi

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Comm. clone roughs
« Reply #57 on: September 15, 2005, 08:00 PM »
So I've finally had some free time to rough this guy up.  Basically most of the unique details are found on his upper body, new head gear, back pack w/ articulated main antenna, left shoulder with comprehensive antenna aray, and a random tech thing on his right shoulder.  Anybody have any comments?

Offline Ruprecht

• Jedi Initiate
  • Yes I did say it.
    • View Profile
Re: EU Clone concepts-UPDATED 9/15 Comm. Clone rough
« Reply #58 on: September 15, 2005, 08:37 PM »
I like it.  Very nice work, except my dirty little mind looks at that big antenna on his right shoulder and sees phallus.  But that's probably just me.

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
Re: EU Clone concepts-UPDATED 9/15 Comm. Clone rough
« Reply #59 on: September 15, 2005, 08:43 PM »
Looking good so far, my only comment pertains to the antenna on his helmet.  To me, it sort of looks like an early '90's cell phone.  I like the design of the helmet, but I think the antenna should be shifted somewhat.  Still, that's probably just me  ;)
I can't wait to see this guy colored up  8)
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.