Author Topic: jedistyle's Customs: Updated Wensday 1/25  (Read 12595 times)

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
jedistyle's Customs: Updated Wensday 1/25
« on: September 7, 2005, 09:02 PM »
Here is a custom Jedi Knight I just finished recently. I'm really happy with the way it turned out and it is now my favorite of my Jedi customs. Hope you guys like, please feel free to leave any comments or suggestions, thanx! ;D

erik ;D
« Last Edit: January 25, 2006, 07:20 PM by jedistyle »
=jEdIsTyLe=
---------------------------------------------------------
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Online Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Custom Jedi Knight: Sanik Tae
« Reply #1 on: September 7, 2005, 09:26 PM »
I love Chiss. This turned out great. I like the drybrushing you did on the pants. You mixed the Obi-Wan and Kit Fisto pars together very well. The skin is very smooth too. I really like the Blue Cloak too, it is nice to see a Jedi who likes colors other than browns and whites. :)
"This is the way."

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #2 on: September 7, 2005, 10:10 PM »
Very cool and very original, great work!
What head did you use?  It looks familiar but I can't place it...
Why not give him a dark blue "outer tunic" to match his robes?  (By outer tunic I mean the softgoods on the Ep. II Evolutions Anakin)
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #3 on: September 7, 2005, 10:17 PM »
its a gi joe duke head greg

Offline jubjubjedi

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 7, 2005, 10:45 PM »
Looks great!  There's something about blue skin and white hair that makes me think of Star Trek though, I think there must have been an alien race in ST with those colors...

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 7, 2005, 10:51 PM »
thanks for the great comments guys! it is a gijoe duke head. i had thought about doing his tunic in blue but i don't have one to mach the robe right now and i didn't want to use the same blue i used for the skin. i may paint the tunic in the futre, but for now i'm happy with it. i don't know if there was a blue alien race in startrek with the same colors, i never watched startrek. i was gunna go with black hair, but i thought white set the head apart from the other jedi i have. thanks again!

erik
=jEdIsTyLe=
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Offline darth_ripley

• Jedi Initiate
  • i'm the monster's mother...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 8, 2005, 12:55 AM »
duh, i was thinking i was on another thread! sorry about that!

great even blue paint job smartypants...can't wait to see what else you have planned!
« Last Edit: September 8, 2005, 12:57 AM by darth_ripley »

Online Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #7 on: September 8, 2005, 01:00 AM »
duh, i was thinking i was on another thread! sorry about that!

great even blue paint job smartypants...can't wait to see what else you have planned!

jedistyle made this, not smarty.... ;) :P
"This is the way."

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 8, 2005, 03:26 AM »
Wow! This is a very good custom. The paint is flawless. And I love the blue cloak. Did you just dye it or what? Im curious. A very good mix of parts as well. 
I remember my dream now.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 8, 2005, 08:50 AM »
Great job on this, it reminds me of a Chiss species.

I never thought that a Duke head would work out well for Star Wars, this goes to prove that I was wrong.

:P

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 8, 2005, 08:52 PM »
metal jedi: no i didn't dye it, it is a hand made cloak. i'vr recently been trying my hand at sewing custom cloaks. i have about a dozen that i've made(some better than others). there is a couple that are really good though. i'am trying to find somthing to soften up the material to make it hang mor naturaly to the figure, but i haven't found anything yet. once i get my technique down to where i'm happy with the look and if there is anyone interested, i was considering offering my cloak making services to fellow board members, but we'll see!

originally i was thinking of this figure as a chiss, but chiss have red eyes and i reall ylike the eyes the way they are, so i may have to change this charecters spiecies.

thanks for all the great comments guys, i really appriciate it and i really enjoy being on the boards here!

erik ;D
=jEdIsTyLe=

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #11 on: September 8, 2005, 09:14 PM »
That's cool that you're teaching yourself how to sew.  I tried sewing a cloak for a custom Leon the Professional figure ... with disasterous results  ;)
I did teach myself how to braid for all of the Boba Fett Wookie Scalps that I've had to make recently  ;D
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 8, 2005, 10:11 PM »
Looks great!  There's something about blue skin and white hair that makes me think of Star Trek though, I think there must have been an alien race in ST with those colors...

I was thinking the same thing. I'm not a fan of ST, but I remember seeing a figure that had blue skin and white hair, and this reminded me of that guy.

But it looks really good, the paint job on the face makes it look as though it was molded in blue. Great job on getting the paint on nice and even and smooth.

And the custom sewn cloak is neat too... what kind of material did you use for it?

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 8, 2005, 10:56 PM »
thanks for the great comments, the cloak is made of felt.

erik ;D
=jEdIsTyLe=

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: jedistyle's Custom Jedi: Updated 9/9
« Reply #14 on: September 9, 2005, 08:40 AM »
Here is another of my custom Jedi. I like the way it turned out, he has a dark look to him. Anyhow, hope you guys enjoy and as always feel free to leave any comments or suggestions, thanks! :D

Jedi Padawan: Booka Zen Dee
Spieces: Human
Lightsaber color: Purple

Booka is Padawan to Jedi Master Pas Ayudda (custom). Booka has the natural ability to be in plain site and remain unoticed, which makes him well suited for undercover and infiltration missions. He is a great admirer of Jedi Master Mace Windu, which is why he chose to have a purple lightsaber. Booka Fights alongside his Master during the Clone Wars on Dantooine, where both the Padawan and his Master are killed during the issue of Order 66.

-[that is a brief bio for a dio-story I'm working on]-

erik :D
=jEdIsTyLe=