Author Topic: jedistyle's Customs: Updated Wensday 1/25  (Read 12651 times)

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: jedistyle's Customs: Updated Friday 10/21
« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2005, 05:47 PM »
Boy, you really make some excellent Jedi.

I love the Rodian and the bare-arm/armor guy.

And Tholme...not being up on EU at all, I figured this was an original creation.  It looks great, but I cannot comment on its resemblance to any source material.

My only complaint - not too jazzed about the nina-esque headgear on the last Jedi....looks almost too sinister.  But the rest is great, excellent and imaginative use of parts and some stellar painting.
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2005, 08:06 PM »
Wow, you are truly getting good at this.  These are outstanding.

Rodian Jedi -

One of the absolute coolest Jedi customs I've EVER seen.  The clone shin plates are a perfect touch for him.  Everything about him is excellent, from the fine details of the parts used to the paint color selection, to the weathering.  PERFECT!

Sleeveless Jedi -

Pretty cool too.  I like the use of parts.  He could use a little bit of weathering/dry brushing I think, but other than that it's great.

Masked Jedi -

Great use of that head from some sort of dollar figure.  It works really well... I've had plan on using some of these too for a different idea, but haven't gotten around to it.  The painting of the tunic really offsets it and gives it detail.  Excellent work.

:P

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2005, 06:35 PM »
Quazar - thanks! i really appriciate it. here is a little bit of back story on the ninja jedi's charecter to show why i made him like that.

Jedi Padawan Baz Randa fought in a few of the early battles of the clone wars. In one of these battles he was a bit overzelous and disobeyed the orders of his Master in an attepmt to capture Count Dooku. Baz role in the battle was small but vital, setting up and holding a blocking position along a main route in the city under siege by the Seperatist. Because Baz disobeyed his Master and the route was left open, a battalion of Battle Droids breached the Republic forces lines and 2 Jedi as well as several hundred clones where killed and the city was taken. The Jedi Council saw fit to expell Baz from the Jedi Order. After he was expelled, Baz took up work with a mercenary group where he used his force talents to kill as the mercenaries became guns-for-hire in the Seperatists employ. During another battle Baz was aiding th Sepratist in, he came face to face with his former Master. Niether willing to back down they ingnited thier lightsabers and Baz journey down the dark path was over.....

so yea, i wanted him to look sinister. his look is meant to be after he fell to the dark side.

CHEWIE - thanks for the great comments, i really appriciate it! i really like the rodian as well. i tried to weather the clone armor jedi, i actually weathered his torso alot, it just didn't come out well..... oh well mabey the next one will be better!

=jEdIsTyLe=
---------------------------------------------------------
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2005, 11:48 PM »
Great Jedis!
I really like the "Jedi Knight" with the bare arms and clone gauntlets.  Was that a Jedi vs. Sith Battlepack Anakin base figure? 

The Rodian Jedi looks really cool, nice job on the weathering!   Do his legs retain their articulation?

I definitely love that Wookie Warrior - the accessories work perfectly.  He looks like he would be able to hold his own against a whole legion of battle droids. 
Great work all around!
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2005, 07:01 PM »
It has been a while since I have posted any of my customs. Unfortunately I have been horribly busy, I'm getting ready to go over seas again! But I have a handful of customs I'm hoping to have up in the next 2 days.... Here are a couple of Jedi, just some re-vamps of older customs, weathering more paint, you know. As always suggestions and comments are appriciated, hope you enjoy them!

- Originaly this figure was just a Clone Wars Mace Windu bady with a different head and hands, no paint or weathering. CHEWIE suggested more paint apps and after leaving it for a while I decieded that was a good idea! So here is the first jedi.

- This is really one if not the favorite of my custom Jedi, I think it was actually my 3rd attempt at a custom Jedi. I didn't really change anything parts wise, but I really over did it on the clear coat when I first made him and in an effoert to tone it down, I repainted the face, gave him some weathering which unfortunatley dosn't look as good on the pic as it does in person, and spreyed him with a matte clear finish. So here goes.
=jEdIsTyLe=
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: jedistyle's Customs: Updated Saterday 12/17
« Reply #50 on: December 17, 2005, 08:25 PM »
I really like that first jedi. The double blade lightsaber and cloak are fanastic! The choice of colors is well done. I like how you made the edges look older by using a different color.

The second is good but I don't like that face. The expression is too dazed and somber looking. Otherwise, I like the unique helmet you used. It like a jedi training helmet.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 18, 2005, 12:36 PM »
Good update Eric.  Going overseas again?  Be careful and keep in touch if you can.

First Jedi - Wow, this really rocks.  The paint looks perfect, and it's a good combo of parts.  Really a cool look for a Jedi, I love the design here, and his double bladed lightsaber is great - especially the gold tips on the handle.  Wow!

Second Jedi - Don't be hard on yourself, this is still a good custom and creative.  I don't mind the head on him, but to me the headgear seems better reserved for some sort of pilot.  Or it almost looks like a brain control device of some sort?

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #52 on: December 25, 2005, 06:45 PM »
Cool Jedi, I really like that first one - the cloak is great!  Was that a modified existing cloak or did you make that from scratch?
I like the exposed arm on the second jedi - how well does it stay in place?  I've got tons of Gung-Ho figures with that arm and if I can pop it into a swivel joint then my custom-options have broadened immensely!
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 26, 2005, 11:43 AM »
thanks for the comments guy's, i really appriciate it.

CHEWIE- i was really happy with the way the first jedi turned out and i'm glad i re-did it, thanks for the suggestion. the second jedi is one who is very reliant on technology, so i gave him the helmet. it does look a bit off, but i think i like it. thanks for the comments, i appriciate it!

Gregorbian- it's been a while, glad to see you again. the black cloak is from a jabba's palace otc luke, i cut the wrap around sides off. the gung-ho arm actually stays in place very well on the second jedi. when i do move it i'am careful, but if it comes out it can be put right back in! so customize away with all those gijoe parts!
=jEdIsTyLe=

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2006, 04:21 PM »
Hey, hope everyone is doing well. Here is s few custom's I've been meaning to post for a while. As always feel free to leave any suggestion's or comments, thanks!

Maza Tirka - A murderer and thief, Maz is a fugitive who travel's from space port to space port looking for his next victim.

Dun Ruuco - Pilot of a Rupublic Refugee ship, Dun is greedy and corupt and uses his refugee ship to smuggle illegal goods in and out of Corusant.

Information Dealer

Gada Ponar - Aqualish equipment & electronics Shop keeper and friend of Mon Mathma, Gada uses his skills to spy on corupt Senator's and the Chancelor.

Thug for hire
=jEdIsTyLe=

Offline Phalanxx

• Jedi Initiate
  • I aim to misbehave
    • View Profile
    • Phalanxx Designs
Re: jedistyle's Customs: Updated Monday 1/16
« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2006, 05:13 PM »
Another great set of customs.  Out of the bunch, Dun Ruuco is my favorite. Tthe Obi-wan head works really well and the color really make this figure pop. Great Job!
Visit www.phalanxxdesigns.com - Custom Figures and Cardbacks.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2006, 05:35 PM »
Nice update jedistyle.

Maza Tirka - My favorite of the bunch.  An overweight Twi'lek.  These guys are always trouble!  Great painting and the parts match up perfectly.

Dun Ruuco - A stellar paint job, but the head is just a bit too recognizable for me... I would try something a little different.  To me, Obi Wan heads usually only work for Obi Wan figures.

The others are good too, especially the Aqualish.  Great use of parts on him and nice backstory.  The thug looks like one of those guys Jabba has with him in the ANH Special Edition.  Love it!

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 18, 2006, 07:25 PM »
Thanks for the comments guys!

Here's a couple of Clone custom's I recently finished. As always any comments or suggestions are appriciated.

Republic Commando

Clone Intellegence Unit
=jEdIsTyLe=

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: jedistyle's Customs: Updated Wensday 1/18
« Reply #58 on: January 18, 2006, 09:47 PM »
Cool update, sometimes I get sick of clones, but not when it's from someone who makes a nice variety of customs like you do.  These look cool.

Republic Commando - Nice, I guess he's in phase one armor?  The black shoulder pads are a good touch.

Clone Intellegence Unit - I like this one too, how did you make that cool helmet?

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: jedistyle's Customs: Updated Wensday 1/18
« Reply #59 on: January 25, 2006, 07:19 PM »
CHEWIE - thanks for the comments, they are always much appriciated.

on the commando, i wanted to do a transition between phase 1 and 2 armor, so i gave him some extra armor on the shoulders and the kama. in retrospect, since the republic commando armor is way different, this should be a clone commander! :D

the intel clones helmwt was first shaved flat on top and the i cut a gijoe helmet from the anti-venom task force set to fit over it, then painted.

here is a small update, as usual i appriciate any comments or suggestion, thanks for checking out my custom's, hope you like! :D

POE TRANEL - As a former Senate Security Guard, Poe has great love and loyaltiy to the republic. He is an aggresive and motivated person who's discontent with the way The Senate and Supreme Chancelor where waging the Clone Wars lead him to strike out on his own as a Bounty Hunter, to bring those who would harm his beloved Republic to swift and deadly justice. Poe is a handsome and articulate man who use's these advantage's to get information from female Senetor's. As a Master Marksman, Scout and Unarmed Combatant Poe is a hard fight for anyone he deems a threat to the Republic...........

=jEdIsTyLe=