Author Topic: Ryan's Customs - Updated 3/15/08... Seriously.  (Read 34882 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Ryan's Customs - Updated 3/30/06
« Reply #105 on: March 30, 2006, 11:01 AM »
This is a nice update Ryan.  Those customs are some of your best ones I think, especially Vash.  That is one slick custom!  And the Kel Dor gloves are excellent, WOW!!!   :o

:P

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #106 on: March 30, 2006, 04:08 PM »
Very Nice pilots ryan.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #107 on: May 7, 2006, 08:55 PM »
Thanks guys. The pilots really weren't that difficult, but I do kind of like them myself.

I still have around 15-20 WIPS that are lying around on my desk, and are anywhere from 10% to 90% finished. I did finish one fairly simple custom last night though. I normally avoid clone Customs I think I've done maybe 3 and those were back in April of last year, but after Hasbro's half-assed attempt at Cody, I had to tweak it a bit.

I'm alright without ball jointed shoulders for now. The way his shoulder pads are it would be difficult for them to even work right without looking too bulky. All he is is the TSC Cody Body, Arms, head, helmet, and upper left leg. The right leg and lower part of the left leg are from an Utapau clone. I corrected the paint on the helmet so the little antennae are black and the little amera ball has color on it now.

I've got finals this week so I boubt I'll have much more finished for at least another week, but hopefully I can finish some of those WIPs off soon.
« Last Edit: May 7, 2006, 09:09 PM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Ryan's Customs - Updated 5/07/06
« Reply #108 on: May 7, 2006, 09:48 PM »
Cody looks a lot better your way Ryan.  I tweaked my version a bit but not as good as you did.  Excellent upgrade.

:)

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 7, 2006, 10:16 PM »
Excellent job, Ryan. 

It is so frustrating when Hasbro is so close to a perfect figure, then mucks it up with corner-cutting.  WHY doesn't Cody have #41 legs??!!?

And I like the Gran from the previous page quite a bit!

Well done, as always!
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #110 on: May 11, 2006, 05:16 AM »
Hey Ryan,

Nice updates man, way to go...  The two alien rebel pilots are nice parts reworking, and I especially liked the way you mixed up the Keldor's mask so it's not identical to Plo's...  That seems changed up anyway in some way to me.  The little things like that are the best way to make characters like that fit in better without being too obviously Plo's head...  The Twi'Lek has good painting on it too, very smooth and it really showed the head of Bib isn't as bad as Hasbro made it out to be, they just paint like ****.

Cody's just a great update man...  Nice paint detailing...  It seems you got all the little details Hasbro missed.  I'm sorta planning on an ankle transplant more than legs overall being replaced.  I don't really feel like repainting kneepads and things is my bitch on it...  I'm probably going to stick with ankle articulating my extra when he gets here.  I'm still looking at my current Cody waiting for a review...  Ugh.   ::)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Phalanxx

• Jedi Initiate
  • I aim to misbehave
    • View Profile
    • Phalanxx Designs
« Reply #111 on: May 11, 2006, 08:13 AM »
Ryan, great job tweaking Cody.  His legs were one of my major gripes with Hasbro's figure and you did a great job correcting them. 

Your pilots look great too. I really like how the Bib Fortuna head looks on that body.  The removal of some of the detail off of the head really help to seperate this figure and make it so much more than just Bib Fortuna in a x-wing uniform.
Visit www.phalanxxdesigns.com - Custom Figures and Cardbacks.

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #112 on: May 11, 2006, 04:57 PM »
Those Rebel Pilots are cool, I like the use of the Plo Koon hands painted black for the gloves.  I probably would have forgotten about that.  Nice touch.

The updated Commander Cody looks good too.  I'll have to get to doing it on mine too.
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Outrider

• Jedi Initiate
  • IMPS RULE
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 11, 2006, 11:35 PM »
I like all of these custom figures very much.  I especially like the Gran crime boss who is yet to be named.  What a great use of parts and colors.  He could be in any number of dioramas such as Jabba's court, Naboo, pod race, Senate, Xizor's vigo brigade, you name it.  I love these kinds of custom that have so many uses.  Very nice work and use of materials
NOTE TO HASBRO,
SA JANGO would sell quite well!

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Ryan's Customs - Updated 6/26/06
« Reply #114 on: June 27, 2006, 01:31 AM »
Thanks guys. :)

I finally got off my ass and updated again, I'm getting tired so I'll just post these two new ones for now. I took a lot of photo reshoots of some older figures so I'll post them at some point.

First up is Sergeant Rax Chan, a Rebel X-Wing Mechanic. He is more than a little inspired by Chief Tyrel form Battlestar Galactica. That is supposed to be a welding mask he has on.

Next up is Commander Zekk Kellchu in military dress, a Rebel X-Wing Squadron commander.

And here is a group shot of a few recent customs:

As always comments/critiques are welcome. :)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2006, 01:58 AM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline Phalanxx

• Jedi Initiate
  • I aim to misbehave
    • View Profile
    • Phalanxx Designs
Re: Ryan's Customs - Updated 6/27/06
« Reply #115 on: June 27, 2006, 08:55 AM »
Wow Ryan, I'm reall digging the look of the X-wing Mechanic.  The color choices work really well for him. Great use of that XD figure for this custom. 
Visit www.phalanxxdesigns.com - Custom Figures and Cardbacks.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 27, 2006, 10:31 AM »
Great stuff Ryan! I love the detail you put into your work like the ankle holster on the rebel soldier. Also can't wait to see some more of the Stargate stuff.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #117 on: June 27, 2006, 10:59 AM »
The mechanic is perfect, at first when I saw him I thought "wait hte naboo flight crewman isn't out yet" that color matches soo good. What figure did you use. And if its ok with you I think I'll borrow this design.

The Comander is a great neutral standing Background guy. I could see him on Home One during the briefing on the attack of DS2. :D

Adam

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 27, 2006, 11:20 AM »
Great update Ryan.  I love the Mechanic - I'm not a fan of that BBI head but I think I've got one in my custom drawer too.  The helmet is great and the accessories around the chest are great.

The commander is also very well done.  These guys would look great in a diorama.

The mechanic is perfect, at first when I saw him I thought "wait hte naboo flight crewman isn't out yet" that color matches soo good. What figure did you use. And if its ok with you I think I'll borrow this design.

Smarty, I thought the EXACT same thing!

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 27, 2006, 03:18 PM »
wow, that mechanic is awsome, very well done and great color choices. the group shot looks very cool!
=jEdIsTyLe=
---------------------------------------------------------
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."