Author Topic: Ryan's Customs - Updated 3/15/08... Seriously.  (Read 34887 times)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Ryan's Customs - Updated 3/15/08... Seriously.
« on: April 17, 2005, 06:31 PM »
It's been so long since I've posted anything I felt I should :P ::)

It isn't much but this is an insert I'm working on for my SG-1 customs. I have quite a few more but I'll only post this one.

Comments and critiques are welcome. :)

« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 05:58 AM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: OT Stargate SG-1 Custom Cards
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2005, 08:10 PM »
Nice.  Are these designs going to be similar to the OTC type packaging?
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2005, 01:13 AM »
Yeah I plan on using either SAGA or OTC bubbles. pbarny over at FFURG pointed out I forgot the name on the UPC. I thought I had put it there but I guess I forgot. ::) ;)
"This is the way."

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2005, 04:19 AM »
I'm not a Stargate SG-1 fan, but I really like this custom insert...especially all the little detail in the indicia.  ;)

Great job, SLC!

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2005, 10:30 AM »
Looks great SLC!!!!

I do watch the show from time to time... this looks fantastic.

:P

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2005, 02:48 PM »
Thanks guys :)
"This is the way."

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2005, 05:31 AM »
Fantastic looking insert can't wait to see how all the packaging turns out especially with the figures.

Ron

Offline crazy about Clones

• Youngling
  • I'm the first Star Wars custom ever created.....
    • View Profile
    • Rebelscum
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2005, 04:13 PM »
never got to see this till now lol, nice job they look sweet! just please dont make it with "quick-draw" action :P
"I think the Kanucks of Vancouver are superior Warriors." Teal'c - Stargate SG-

"I like me" Caboose - Red vs Blue

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Sith Lord Chaos's Customs - Updated 9/06/05, For Real
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2005, 04:15 AM »
Everyone has been posting so much here lately I wanted to join the crowd, I felt like such a tool for never posting anything. :P Unfortunatley it's nothing new, I posted this at that other site about a month and a half ago.

This is something I've really wanted to make for awhile now. I'm as big of an SG-1 as I am of Star Wars. The modular design was in part inspired by Muftak's Cloud City and Death Star, and in part by practicality, because of it's sheer size. It is in scale with the 3 3/4" figures. Since they don't make SG-1 figures, I've got to make all of them myself. The Gateroom itself is 40" deep x 27" wide x 29" tall. I've got most of the basic prefab in the Gateroom done. It is almost all ready for texture and paint then all of the details. I think the biggest challenge for this whole project is going to be building the Stargate itself. Ideally I want it to be able to spin and light up. I have a feeling this is going to take me a long time to complete, but it has been really fun so far. I'll update this thread as I go.

I should also mention that this is my first diorama that I've made. Well you know what they say, Go big or go home.  :-*   

Here are some pictures of the prefab for the Gateroom. I threw Madine in ther for a better idea of the actual size. He is chillin' about 6 inches from the back wall.

I can't wait to work on it again, I've only got two weeks of school left then I'm headed home for summer break I can start working on it. I got some advice froom NiubNiub and theWOOK at C3 so hopefully I can make some progress. The gateroom itself will have a removable roof and back wall so I can access the room, both doors work. It is going to be really complicated, I plan on giving it lots of elctronics, hopefully all the lights will actually work and I plan on lighting up the computer screesn and alarms as well. And I need to put a removable light behing the gate to cast so blue light on the room. If it goes as planned this thing should be really cool, I don't want to toot my own horn, but hopefully it'll be one of the coolest out there. I doubt that for some reason though :P It is also going to have a working elevator,probably not electronic, but it should work. And from what I've seen it'll be one of a kind, I've seen a LEGO version, it was cool but not very accurate. In addtion to the Gateroom I'm going to build several more rooms.

As of right now I plan on making

• The Gateroom (Embarcation room as it is formally called)
  • The Control Room
  • Hammond/O'Neill/Weir/Bauer's office, possibly with each different furniture arangment
  • Several Hallways to conect it all (both the circular and straigh kind)
  • An Elevator shaft

And I'll probably make these as well

• Carter's Lab
  • Daniel's Office
  • The Infirmary
  • Teal'c's room
  • A "VIP" Room (the prison rooms) or 2
  • A medical Isolation room
  • more hallways
  • An Armory
  • And Another Lab
  • and maybe more If I don't get sick of them ;)

So yeah I got a lot of work ahead of me, hopefully you guys will stick around on these boards well after ROTS so I can share these, I don't plan on leave here until I'm the last one left :) Oh and on top of that I have to make quite a few figures to stick in this whole thing. So I've got to do that too. Eventually I hope to turn out an SG-1 photonovel as well, maybe using SG-1 but I'll probably use a different SG team so I can explore them a bit more. Meaning I'll have to make a second gate as well to stick in some offworld dioramas.  I'm never going to finish this ;) ::)

I'll update here when I make some progress, next up is to support the walls (boring) and the attach the back wall with a hinge and the top with a clamp or something similar, then texturise the room. Once it is textured I can paint and add the plexiglass windows and fix them up.
« Last Edit: September 5, 2005, 04:15 AM by Sith Lord Chaos »
"This is the way."

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
Re: OT Stargate SG-1 SGC Modular Dio/Playset
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2005, 05:08 AM »
Interesting! It'll be cool to see how this one comes out!

I wish I could be more helpful...but I've only ever seen one episode of SG-1.

Looking forward to the custom figs, though!

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2005, 05:10 AM »
Interesting! It'll be cool to see how this one comes out!

I wish I could be more helpful...but I've only ever seen one episode of SG-1.

Looking forward to the custom figs, though!

-DD

You should check out some more episodes it is really a great show. You do kind of have to see it in order though or it won't make sense.
"This is the way."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2005, 01:20 PM »
It's a fun show.  I catch an episode here and there.

Your diorama already looks amazing SLC!  Makes me want to make a Death Star Hangar after seeing that.

:P

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #12 on: May 6, 2005, 10:50 PM »
Well after my most recent computer problems were fixed, I decided to finally redo the actual card for my upcoming SG-1 customs. I think it turned out much better than the first one I did.  :) The SG-1 logo in the upper right is going to be like the Rebel/Imperial logos on the OTC cards, depending on who is on the card that will be different, like for Col. Dave Dixon (Commander of SG-13 from the episode "Heroes") it would have an SG-13 logo, for General Hammond it will have the SGC Logo, and for Jaffa it'll have the logo for whatever Goa'uld they serve, and so on. I may change the blue/green border's color but as of Right now I kinda like it. Let me know what you think, the cardback will be done sometime. :)

« Last Edit: May 6, 2005, 10:54 PM by Sith Lord Chaos »
"This is the way."

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
Re: OT Stargate SG-1 Custom Cards - Update 5/06
« Reply #13 on: May 7, 2005, 12:31 AM »
Totally awesome cardback Sith can't wait to see the figures that your doing.

Ron

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Sith Lord Chaos's Customs - Updated 9/06/05, For Real
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2005, 08:10 PM »
Now that I'm home for the summer ;D I have access to a camera again, almost all of these were made several weeks to a month ago and I am just now posting them. Instead of giving all of these guys their own threads, I figured I'd start my own thread for my customs, besides all the cool kids are doing it. ;) :P

Sorry, almost all of these are boring clone and Wookiee repaints, I have some reall customs in the works but they aren't done yet.

First up: Commander Gree WIP
I made him awhile ago with a bad refrence shot, i need to fix the helmet's colors and give him his holster, I couldn't find anything good.

Commander Bly
Fairly self explanitory.

One of Commander Bly's troops
This actually a fan-fic idea that is really just an AOTC clone w/ Bly's colors

Dirty Clone Captain
This was just my first attempt at a wash, and I needed a dirty clone so I made this.

Dead Clone
I needed a dead clone that had been killed by a lightsbaer, so here he is.

WIP Wookiees
They still need a few highlights and some accessories

Commander Rhet
Boring red Clone Commander Custom.

Clone Medic
I'm actually embarrassed to call this a custom :-[, it literally took 2 minutes. All it is is some tape and sharpie so I can still have my tank gunner. He is just a temporary fig until I make a real one, I wanted to give him an ugnaught bag but I didn't have one, so I'll have to find something else.

Saviorn
This is the only real custom out of the bunch, and it is actully 2 years old. ::) This was my third custom ever and it is still my favorite to this day, I thought'd I'd try and improve him a bit by giving him some CHEWIE style drybrushing. I like him a lot better now, though CHEWIE would have done a better job. :)

95% of these guys are in my first photonovel that I started work on yesterday, I got some of the principal photography done and I can get a preview shot or two if anyone is interested.

Comments and critiques (especially critiques, I would like to get better at this whole customizing thing :P) are more than welcome. :)
« Last Edit: September 6, 2005, 02:51 AM by Sith Lord Chaos »
"This is the way."