Author Topic: Ryan's Customs - Updated 3/15/08... Seriously.  (Read 34878 times)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Sith Lord Chaos's Customs - Update 5/24
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2005, 05:32 AM »
Thanks guys! I love that Djas body, I'm goin to have to get some more. :)
"This is the way."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2005, 12:13 PM »
That body does work good for scoundrel-type figures.  I wish I had bought more of them on clearance.

:P

Offline Aucassin

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2005, 04:05 AM »
Great customs! I love the paint scheme on the Zabrak figure.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2005, 08:05 PM »
More Updates today :) ;D Some of them look shiney cause I'm out of dullcote ::), I'll fix that soon. :)

Commander Gree still a WIP
When I saw the moive I noticed he has a different backpack and his thight/and forearm camo is a bit lighter. I may add a removeable helmet too. but the helhet is fixed.

Dat Fisto
My brother's friend is obsessed with Kit Fisto, and he almost cried when he died so fast in ROTS ;) :P He made up this guy as his brother. He is supposed to be a Jedi as well, and the red saber is from a dark Jedi he killed. He wanted to make him, but then he changed his mind and said he wanted me to do it for him, instead and he just told me how he wanted it to look.

Sith Lord Lynzair
He is the apprentice to Sith Lord Chaos (me :D :P) He lived about 1000 years B.B.Y.

Togruta Stripper
She's my entry for the Monthly Challenge :)

SBD Repaints
I was bored and I hated the ****** blue on the SBDs so I did a quick repaint on 4 of my SAGA SBDs.

As always comments and critiques are more than welcome.  :P
« Last Edit: September 5, 2005, 03:31 AM by Sith Lord Chaos »
"This is the way."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Sith Lord Chaos's Customs - Update 5/28
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2005, 09:04 PM »
Yippeeee - huge update!

GREE - well done, there's a few of these floating around and yours is definitely one of the better ones - what did you use for the straps?

DAT FISTO - really looks cool with the red skin tone - funny, I was going to make a red or an orange version of him too (non-Jedi of his species).

SITH LORD - he does look pretty "Sithy."  Very good color selection... definitely a cool, unique custom that I haven't seen anything similar to.

STRIPPER - my favorite of the bunch, and I elaborated more in the challenge thread.

SBD - I need to paint mine; I can't believe I still haven't done that.  You did a great job on these, they look right out of the movie and a lot tougher than the blue paint job Hasbro gave them.

:P

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2005, 10:21 PM »
Ah, an update! Well, let's get right down to it!

COMMANDER GREE

Very nice! I have made adjustments to my Gree since the film as well; this looks very good though! Keep up informed with new pics as you update and tinker with his look.

DAT FISTO

I'm not in love with the big red head, but I like the drybrushing on the costume a lot. Maybe the red will grow on me; I guess if frogs can come in all colors, why can't other amphibious life?  :D

LYNZAIR

See, THIS is why young Sith Apprentices shouldn't play with rubber bands in Sith school. I like the scar; very dramatic. It's also good to see a SAGA Ki-Adi Mundi  figure made useful, as they're pretty lame for fodder most of the time. I like the body a lot; great paint scheme, but I would have suggested swapping the head onto another body, just so it doesn't look so much LIKE Mundi. And have we ever seen a custom of his master? I'd like to.

TOGRUTA STRIPPER

Daddy likes! Very good use of parts, and a great color combo. Nice drybrush technique. Something tells me you took EXTRA time on this one.  :P

SUPER BATTLE DROID

Mush more authentic than the Hasbro version. Thumbs up.

Can't wait to see more!

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2005, 11:59 AM »
Excellent job!  I really like that Sith Lord custom - he looks pretty badass ;)
The super battle droids look much better, I might have to try that on some of mine.
Oh yeah, gotta love strippers ;) :o
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2005, 03:17 AM »
Thanks, a lot guys!  :)

DAT FISTO

When My friends little brother said he wanted him red, I thought the same thing DD, I asked him if he was sure and he said that's what he wanted. I made it right after I finished the stripper so the more I worked on it the more the skin tone grew on me. I kinda like the idea now, we come in different colors, so do Twi-Leks and Bothans and Wookiees, so why can't they? ;)

LYNZAIR

It actually isn't just a repaint but I do see why you would think so, The legs and torso (minus the skirt of course) are from a EP1 Tatooine Darth Maul. I didn't have many other parts (I usually have very little fodder :-\ :'() And I didn't want him looking like a Mundi head on a Darth Maul body, so I chose the Mundi skirt, and I gave him the scar to try and vary him a bit more. And I tried Hemble's painting technique, from his 12" Mundi, only mine is 3 3/4" of course. I wanted him to look like the dark side had drained him like it changes the guys in KOTOR, he is kinda from the KOTOR era and if I ever get to it will be in a photonovel from then. I definitely plan on makin his master (me :P), but I have to find a head that resembles me pretty good and I want to make it SA and look unique, so I have to get better at sculpting and customizing on the whole before I attempt him.

TOGRUTA STRIPPER

This was a fun one to make. I had the parts lying around forever and had no idea what to do with them, especially the Leia. When I tried to crack the torso a while back I hac completely shattered the back. I had the very top left over and the lower half was broken all the way don to the peg that holds the crotch on, so short of dremmeling it off I couldn't seperate it more if I wanted to. And when I saw that the monthly challenge was a hottie I wanted to participate but I didn't know what to do, so I looked trough My fodder and saw the pieces and though they'd be perfect. I didn't want it looking like slave Leia, or Shaak Ti in a bikini so that's why I chose the Luke arm and the color. I had to shave the Luke arm down quite a bit so it wasn't buff and it look like a girl's. And using plumber's putty I had to sculpt the middle and some of the upper part of her back. So she has no articuplation above the waist  :-\ Too much plastic surgery I guess ;) :D :-* (pun intended ;))

And speaking of Shaak Ti in a bikini.....

COMMANDER GREE

Ugghhh. I like gree but I am getting sick of fixing him. He never seems to look the same.  ;) When I saw ROTS for the 6th time tonight I looked at him closely gain and noticed the green stripe goes all the way up the helmet. It doesn't if the refrence picture I used earlier, which must have been a concept drawing. And the forearm, elbow, hand, knee, and thigh armor is definitely lighter so I'll be going back to fix that, and maybe lighten the straps too, but I kind of like the straps how they are. Oh CHEWIE btw, I think I metioned this somewhere before but the straps are a modified OTC Luke's back pack straps. So now I have to fix the camo color, fix the Helmet, add a holster, and fix the backpack. I may also give him a removeable helmet as well, I am going to learn to cast sometime this summer, as soon as I buy the stuff.

Here's the concept picture of him:

Compared to the movie version:
« Last Edit: May 30, 2005, 04:50 AM by Sith Lord Chaos »
"This is the way."

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Sith Lord Chaos's Customs - Updated 5/30/05
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2005, 04:41 AM »
Sorry for the double post, I figured I respond to you guys in one and then it got so long I figured I'd update in a new post.

I figured I post some WIP pictures of my SG-1 figures, because CaC, Hemble, and a few others have both been asking about them. Be nice they need sooooo much work. :-[ ;) I may just start over and just modify BBi figures, becuase my sculpts are bad, and I also want more articulation. Sorry for the crappy pictures, I've got one with the flash, the other without.

And here are the descriptions of each thing from left to right:

On the left I have 2 Zat guns, the one on the holster got squished, so I have to fix it or redo it. The other one may need a bit of work but I think it is almost good, I have to make sure it'll fit in a hand though.

Then I have a custom staff weapon that still needs some work. I have to clean up it's head a bit and I think I'm going to lengthen it a some.

Next is my O'Neill:

His head is a Potf2 Hanhead, with resculpted hair. I am looking for something that is a closer likeness to RDA but I haven't found anything yet. If I end up using thisone I'll have to sculpt the ears back on. ::)

The torso is a Potf2 Han Carbo base but then it is completely resculpted. I don't reallly like it because it looks too POTF2-ish. I am really considering using a BBi figure and resculpting the vest. My vest on that one still needs work too, it isn't very realistic looking and has a couple inaccuracies.

The arms are also a Potf2 Han Carbo. The lower half are sculpted and there are fingerless gloves and a watch sculpted on. As well as a pocket on one arm. I don't mind these too much but I think they are a tad buff as well, they could use more fabric creases, but I like the sculpting on the bottom half. But they will probably be replace for something with more articulation or I will end up giving articulation to these ones.

The legs and crotch are an OTC Dagobah Luke. One leg has an ass pocket sculpted on and I sculpted the belt. The boots obviously need to be replaced and if I do switch to a BBi upper body I may switch these out entirely as well, but I wanted somewhat of a Hasbro SW look to these customs, so they may just be modified more and kept.

Next is Teal'c torso, it is bigger than O'Neill's and has the vest open. Again I have the same complaints about it as I do with O'Neill so I'll probably redo it as well.

And Below that is the very beginings of Carter's torso. BBi doesn't make any females that I'm aware of so I may be using this one, I need to get it looking good though. I plan on using a GiJoe Bombstrike as the head.

Once I learn to cast this summer I'm going be casting all of this so I can make Multiple versions of each, as well as other SG team members. I want to try and give them all ball jointed heads as well, and as much articulation as I can with out sacrificing the sculpt. If they turn out good enough I'll make an extra set to card and maybe more to trade (big maybe). And as for the others I plan on making I may have to almost sculpt them entirely as well. I think I'm going to ask for a wax pen for Christmas, if I can get halfway decent at this :).  Because I'm not really a fan of sculpey when it comes to using this much. Well let me know what you think :)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2005, 04:58 PM by Sith Lord Chaos »
"This is the way."

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2005, 04:59 PM »
Again sorry for the triple post ::) :-[ :-X

All my images went down this morning I switched themto one of my other hosting accounts so they should all be back up. :)
"This is the way."

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 1, 2005, 07:32 AM »
Excellent Job on the Battle Droids. The Togruta and Sith Lord are my favs so far.
I remember my dream now.

Offline crazy about Clones

• Youngling
  • I'm the first Star Wars custom ever created.....
    • View Profile
    • Rebelscum
« Reply #41 on: June 1, 2005, 09:02 AM »
Nice im glad you finally posted pics!!! Great Job on them, its WAAAAAYYYYYYbetter that anything i could ever do.  Glad we finally got to see em. ;D
"I think the Kanucks of Vancouver are superior Warriors." Teal'c - Stargate SG-

"I like me" Caboose - Red vs Blue

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Sith Lord Chaos's Customs - Updated 6/29/05
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2005, 03:24 AM »
Geez I've gone a long time without an update. :-\ And I'm afraid I don't have too much to show this time either. I am almost out of fodder I really need to get some more. I have been working on my Stargate SG-1 Playset/Diorama thing and had to fix some damage to it. I did manage to get a few blast doors done, They are kind of a pain to make, the are very tedious and take a whole lotta paint. Anyways here's my little update:

Dewback Repaint:
Pretty straight forward dewback repaint. I lost the sandtrooper for one of my 3 Dewbacks so I decided to repaint one. I am going to make a custom rider for this guy, he will be a desert scavenger type fellow, and I'll probably make some kind of hover sled for him to pull but for now all he is, is a repaint.

Nikto Smuggler
He's my entry for the monthly customizing challenge, and I commented on him more over there.

As always comments and critiques are more than welcome.    :P
« Last Edit: June 29, 2005, 03:26 AM by Sith Lord Chaos »
"This is the way."

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2005, 10:03 AM »
Nice job on that Dewback 8)
Are you going to give him pupils?  If a scavenger guy is the owner, maybe you can add a little "battle-damage" type details to him (scars, blaster wounds, etc).  I think having 2 bad-ass Jawas on top of the dewback would be cool (they could pick on those pansy Ronto-riding Jawas :P)
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2005, 06:05 PM »
Thanks Greg, I wasn't planning on giving him any pupils because the Hasbro one didn't have any and I haven't seen any dewbacks with pupils, so until I do I was just going to keep it like this.
"This is the way."