Author Topic: Glassman's Customs  (Read 78923 times)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Glassman's Customs - Delta Squad x2 pg 12
« Reply #180 on: April 18, 2006, 10:36 AM »
It definately shows how ricky/uk RC helmet is so much better than the buckethead that we got from Hasbro. It's lot more detailed and realistic. It looks like you've been doing just a little bit of casting lately. Did you make a two part mold for those parts? How many molds did you make? Did you make more than one so you could cast multiple sets at once? Great squadrun.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #181 on: April 18, 2006, 11:04 AM »
Thanks Phruby, No,2,yes, thanks.  ;D

Paul, I have been overwhelmed with helmets. I have been casting helmets pretty much every day since december. So i have been doing more than my share of casting, but hardly and customs for myself.
I made one piece molds for these. Unless the helmet has tiny breakable pieces, I use one piece molds. I feel i have more control over the air bubbles that way.

I did make 2 molds. I generally make 2 when i know i'll be casting alot of helmets. I wanted to make Delta and omega squads, so i made the helmets 2 at a time so i could get it over with.

Thanks again buddy.

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #182 on: June 2, 2006, 11:12 PM »
Just updating my page incase you missed it in GP12's thread.

Here are Isard and Dalla.

Dalla was cast in grey plastic and given a olive wash, and ysanne was cast in rose color plastic and drybrushed with british crimson.

The heads were simple retooling of padme with hair added, and my headsculpt for ysanne was not recoverable, so i retooled a depa head( thanks to PenDragon) and sculped hair. Made molds and cast
them in peach color plastic.

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
Re: Glassman's Customs -Admiral Dalla Ysanne Isard pg 13
« Reply #183 on: June 2, 2006, 11:19 PM »
Great looking pair of Imperial Ladies.
Are the Torsos the only part you sculpted or are the whole bodies sculpted? I'd love a couple of these Female Imperial bodies for some Customs I'm working on for my photo Novel. Any Chance that you'll be making caste available?

Where are his hands?
I always knew Admral Ozzel was a dirty old man ;D

Keep up the Great Work!
Fritzkrieg

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 3, 2006, 02:04 AM »
Ozzel with his eye and how Hasbro really mess up them making him look up and off to the side makes him look as if he is trying to get away with something or he needs one of the bubbles above him with his fantasy within it ;). Awesome job on these glassman. Any chance of offering the casts for the ladies?
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Findswoman Collection
« Reply #185 on: June 3, 2006, 10:33 AM »
Yes, Hasbro really got that "who, me?" look down.  I'd be interested in casts too -- do keep us posted on that!  :)

Great job on these once again.  These are some of the best Imperial femfigs I've yet seen.  :)

... the Findswoman

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 3, 2006, 04:47 PM »
Yes, Cats would be awesome Glassman. They look very nice.
"I don't think that anything shows a greater passion for Star Wars than when a collector attempts to make their own figures."
-CHEWIE

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #187 on: June 4, 2006, 01:02 PM »
Thanks everyone, I will hopefully get some time to do more stuff toward the end of the month.  When i do, i'll let yall know.  The line starts behind findswoman!

I did get a couple hours to myself yesterday while waiting for a repair man.

Last year I made a vintage Han and luke in stormtrooper disguise. A few people asked me why didnt i use small head han.

Well, a while ago i asked banth5  for a copy of his.  In the mean time i was lucky enough to get a vintage luke stormie and was gonna make one, but then ryan said his cast was on the way.
Well i got it Friday and I  added articulation to the arms and head and painted him up.

Here is Version II of Vintage Han in Stormtrooper Disguise.

Secondly, i have put off posting this next figure when i heard of the VSTC comming out.
Well i decided to kill two birds since i missed March's Group project.

Here is my VSTC Biker scout

Notice the helmet isn better proportioned. 
With that, i give my ode to Chewie..

If i may, Mr. Cook...

Rykrof, hero of the federation disputes and clone wars, has seen alot of adventure in his day. Though his efforts were valient, he and the few others of his day were not enough to stop the evil empire from controling the galaxy.
30 plus years later,  Rykrof, older and battle worn,  finds himself on a mission to sabotoge an imperial outpost on the Forest moon of endor. Disguised as an imperial biker scout, he aids in disorganizing several imperial scout troops, by sabotaging their equiptment. Making it possible for a legion of imerial officers to be overtaken by primitive ewoks with sticks and a rock! Rykrof's wherabouts after the battle of endor are unknown...

« Last Edit: June 4, 2006, 03:48 PM by Glassman6 »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Glassman's Customs -Vintage Han Stromie and Biker Scout
« Reply #188 on: June 4, 2006, 04:35 PM »
Glassman!!!  That's incredible!  I really like the vintage Stormie Han and Luke, very well done.  I especially like how you made Han slightly taller than Luke.

The Rykrof in Scout disguise is just awesome.  I'm wondering how you enlarged the Scout helmet?  Great work and the Rykrof "storyline" for ROTJ is really cool.  And he looks aged really well too, he definitely looks like an older guy, but still able to be effective. 

Very nice update and the Rykrof is so cool, thanks for making that.

:)

Offline glorbes

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
    • Glorbesworld
« Reply #189 on: June 4, 2006, 04:39 PM »
Oh, Glassman...I love when you customize the vintage stuff.

The Luke and Han look absolutely terrific.  The fact that you engineered a neck joint and a removable helmet is noth short of impressive. 

Daala and Isard look great too.  The paint on Isard's hair looks a *tad* rough, but aside from that, this pair of ladies look amazing.

As always, customs at this scale never cease to amaze me.

Offline kirk_dougall

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • http://www.generationxmodels.co.uk
« Reply #190 on: June 4, 2006, 05:55 PM »
Thats great Glassman! Really love vintage customs and that Han is great.
I picked up a few spare vintage Stormies myself last weeks so think I will finally make my own vintage Han Stormie tommorow. It won't look as good as it would on a last 17 Luke but I havent got a spare one of those to chop up and havent got a clue how to make casts etc.
http://www.generationxmodels.co.uk
U.K Stockist of Sideshow, Gentle Giant, Master Replicas and Kotobukiya.

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #191 on: June 5, 2006, 10:24 AM »
Chewie, Thanks man,

For the helmet, I made 2 casts of the POTF2 biker helmet using my hollow helmet technique. I then cut one helmet in 4 quarters.
THen cut sections (like thin stips) of the other and used them to extend the origianl.
I then used wax to fill in the areas and sculpt a longer mouthpiece.
I'll forgot to upload the wip pic of the helmet. I'll try to get them up tonight.

Glorbes, Believe it or not a little over a year ago, i didnt like doing vintage customs. Lack of fodder was the turnoff. But now that i can cast parts, i love them.
Thanks for the critique on isard. I never noticed the uneven-ness till you pointed it out. I will definatly
have to fix that!

Thanks KD,  I reall like the last 17 han, but i always wanted one like my first version. SO i'm sure it will look fine when you get it done. Casting parts will definatly expant the possibilities of your customs.

Offline kirk_dougall

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • http://www.generationxmodels.co.uk
Re: Glassman's Customs -Vintage Han Stromie and VSTC Biker Scout
« Reply #192 on: June 5, 2006, 02:54 PM »
 :-[ I realised today when looking at my vintage stormie.... I don't have the skills for this one as how do i remove the stormtrooper helmet  :-\ Its attached to the body.... not qute as simple as I thought :-[.
« Last Edit: June 5, 2006, 02:54 PM by kirk_dougall »
http://www.generationxmodels.co.uk
U.K Stockist of Sideshow, Gentle Giant, Master Replicas and Kotobukiya.

Offline PenDragon

• Jedi Initiate
  • POTESTATEM OBSCURI LATERIS NESCIS
    • View Profile
    • the JackPoint
Re: Glassman's Customs -Vintage Han Stromie and VSTC Biker Scout
« Reply #193 on: June 5, 2006, 04:14 PM »
Seriously cool, Glass! I don't care for the vintage stuff myself, (tho' I still have my ROTJ figs from when I was 7 or 8), but you DO make them look pretty dern spiffy. Impressive work man.

And I especially love the VTSC Scout - Rykrof & his grey hair & helmet look top-notch! The technique you used on the helmet sound like it'd be painful for me, but judging form the results, it seems totally worth it. You make it look easy  ;)

Offline psyclonetrooper

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #194 on: June 5, 2006, 10:07 PM »

For the helmet, I made 2 casts of the POTF2 biker helmet using my hollow helmet technique. I then cut one helmet in 4 quarters.
THen cut sections (like thin stips) of the other and used them to extend the origianl.
I then used wax to fill in the areas and sculpt a longer mouthpiece.
I'll forgot to upload the wip pic of the helmet. I'll try to get them up tonight.

Any chance you'll be selling casts of the removable Biker scout helmet in the near future?
« Last Edit: June 9, 2006, 05:31 PM by psyclonetrooper »