Author Topic: JediDre's Customs Updated 04/04/2007 Spec Op ARC & 2 new 1205th  (Read 51301 times)

Offline JediDre

• Jedi Initiate
  • Fine barn it be, but no pool it tis.
    • View Profile
    • The LWWF...we don't care.
Re: JediDre's Customs Updated 11/28/06 Captain Fordo
« Reply #195 on: November 30, 2006, 10:35 PM »
11-30-06

I've added some detail to Fordo's helmet, and finished some more painting here and there.  The only thing I'm unhappy with is the belt.  Fordo has only one pack on the left side, and I was unsure how(read- nervous to cut his belt and screw it up) I should go about patching it.  I'm waiting on a holster and for GTG to get a certain pistol back in stock that I want to use as his backup weapon.

The usual post rules apply...guestions, comments, gripes....

Thanks

Dre
I find her attractive because she's a clinet and she sleeps above the covers....FOUR FEET above the covers!!

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: JediDre's Customs Updated 11/30/06 Captain Fordo New Pics
« Reply #196 on: December 2, 2006, 01:02 AM »
The details look great, JediDre. I like the black lines and small insignias on the helmet. As for the belt: maybe you could make our own from a strip of vinyl sheet, like Outrider does? You could glue all the little extras on that then, except that second ammo pack.

The paint looks a bit dull, though. I think Fordo needs a semi-gloss varnish on his armor.  :)

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 2, 2006, 01:26 PM »
great custom! looks like a lot of hard work paid off  :)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline JediDre

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 2, 2006, 10:01 PM »
The paint looks a bit dull, though. I think Fordo needs a semi-gloss varnish on his armor.  :)

Yeah he should have shiny armor, but I'm partial to the matte look myself.  I got my holster and I'm waiting on his sidearm to come.  Soon he'll be finished.

Thanks

Dre
I find her attractive because she's a clinet and she sleeps above the covers....FOUR FEET above the covers!!

Offline JediDre

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 6, 2006, 12:06 AM »
Here is what will probably be the final stage of my Gen 1 Imp Commando.  I was going to paint the armor on the Royal Guard body, but decided to go with the blue paint scheme.  The helmet was a last minute decision as I didn't want to have the same ol solid look as the regular stormie helms do.  The photos are both with and without the additional armor.

The usual rules apply...comments, questions, gripes...yopu know the drill.

Dre

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
Re: JediDre's Customs Updated 12/06/2006 Gen 1 Imp Commando Finished!!
« Reply #200 on: December 7, 2006, 09:36 PM »
 ;D ;DGREAT JOB!I like the Jedi alot!Great looking Troopers too!
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline JediDre

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: JediDre's Customs Updated 12/10/2006 Commander Kellen **Pic Heavy
« Reply #201 on: December 10, 2006, 11:21 PM »
Cmd Kellen was assigned to lead the 713th division in the GAR.  A heavily armed unit, the 713th was unknown until the Republic became the first Galactic Empire.  The unit was one of the first to touch down on Jabiim being entrusted to pilot the prototype AT-AT's that were deployed there.  Commander Kellen was always one of the first of his troops to fire upon the enemy.  Hot headed, and trigger happy made Kellen loved and hated by his men.  His motto was, "go hard, go first."  And he lived by this.  He lost his left hand in a joint effort with Theta squad, accidently getting between Master K'ron and his quarry.  He shunned a robotic hand saying it would make him, "more like the enemy," that he wished to be.  Instead he replaced his hand with a vibroblade.  Kellen recived additional training after Geonosis under Alpha 17 to learn ARC techniques and style.

Kellen is made from:
Evo Clone body
Cody head and Helmet
Saga Sandtrooper Pauldron
#41 Belt with DSG holster and blaster added
Backpack is Scorch, modded heavily and a Comtech Stormie rifle.

Most of the painting was done by myself, I asked my wife to paint the straps on his feet and she did a lot of touch ups all around.

Questions, comments, gripes...you know what to do...

thanks

Dre

Offline Brisk Arper

• Jedi Initiate
  • ITS A TWAP!!!!
    • View Profile
    • mandalorian mercs
« Reply #202 on: December 12, 2006, 07:51 AM »
niiice...ive never hear of the 713th before..did you come up with it yourself or is it in one of the novels?...paint sceme is veeeeery similar to the 802nd (my own clone legion)....i like this custom...though id have gone with a different pouldren (i highly doubt that is spelt right)...keep up the good work
in the words of a famous admiral......

ITS A TWAP!!!

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
  • Flaming Human Torso Productions
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #203 on: December 13, 2006, 12:30 AM »
Very cool. I like the combination of parts you got. That and the brick red for something other than a galactic marine is cool too. The Gen 1 Imp Commando also has a very good combo on parts. I like the grey on the helmet.
...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...

Offline JediDre

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 13, 2006, 09:01 AM »
niiice...ive never hear of the 713th before..did you come up with it yourself or is it in one of the novels?...paint sceme is veeeeery similar to the 802nd (my own clone legion)....i like this custom...though id have gone with a different pouldren (i highly doubt that is spelt right)...keep up the good work

The 713th and it's Commander are a tribute to my son Kellen Anakin, born July 13th.  I was trying to come up with a name for him and I though why not Kellen, he could be a pod mate of Keller.  I may be making additional troops to go with Kellen, but I'm not sure.  I went with the pauldron because I thought it would make him stand out more than other clones would.

Very cool. I like the combination of parts you got. That and the brick red for something other than a galactic marine is cool too. The Gen 1 Imp Commando also has a very good combo on parts. I like the grey on the helmet.

The Commando I made was a long time coming.  I had the GTG helmets, and just didn't know what I wanted to do with them, but then I found a blue royal guard and remembered the armor they had underneath the cloak.  THe DSG head fits wonderfully on the guard peg.I may give him an additional weapon, but probably not, as I believe I'm done with him for the time being.

My latest project is a Legacy era Jacen Solo.  I don't have much for head fodder, so I'm going to be going with a ROTS Obi-Wan head with the beard shaved off, it makes a big difference on the overall look.  I'll post some pics perhaps tomorrow.

Thanks again for all the great comments, it makes me continue on...

Dre

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 13, 2006, 01:20 PM »
Great b/g story for Kellen, which is a great figure, Dre. And having him named after your son, really puts the finishing touch to this already excellent figure. I like the colour scheme very much, very subtle.

I'm anxious to see your version of Jacen. Obi-Wan's head can look totally different with even the slightest change to his beard.

Offline JediDre

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 1, 2007, 11:23 PM »
So it's been a while...but I've gotten some time to do some customizing...and here's the fruits of my labor...

Alpha 22 'Kandosii'

Alpha 22 was in stasis until the downturn of the Clone wars. The Kaminoians felt he too was flawed because of his love for all things 'old'. He wanted to use older kit, older weaponry, older armor. It wasn't a flaw, 22 just felt more at home with tried and tested equipment. After being refused the armor request, he settled on carrying only a DC-12, a heavier more accurate version of the clones favorite blaster. When removed from stasis he was assigned the take on leadership of Theta squad after the assumed death of the current Captain, Enza. His gruff demeanor, and overly aggressive tactis clashed at first with the rest of the squad. He chastised them for the mando'a writing on their armor and requested they removed it feeling it tarnished the image of the GAR, the team refused, and that was the last he brought it up after he saw them in action. Alpha 22 lead the team on a raid deep within Sepratist held space, and succeeded in destroying a droid factory, and stopping yet another biological weapon, but at a cost to the team.

So he's obviously WIP,  I painted him my normal Apple Barrel Dutch Blue(a personal favorite), had to re-apply his chest piece, modded the pauldron, added the pack from it to his kama and gave his gun, DC-12, a quick wash of metallic silver. He's starting to look alive, but I'm still at a loss for helmet details, and I really HATE painting the kama, so that'll be last.

You all know the drill...question, comments, gripes...

Dre

Offline JediDre

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: JediDre's Customs Updated 04/04/2007
« Reply #207 on: April 4, 2007, 09:51 AM »
So I've been complaining to some people that I've gotten all this fodder, and can't think of anything to do with it.  So tonight I made myself sit down and come up with something.  This first is a what I'm calling a special op's ARC, or spec-op for short.

Rarely used, and if so under highly classified circumstances, the Spec-ops are lightly armed, yet extremely deadly.  This particular Spec-op, Parvo(yes after the animal sickness, its the first thing I could think of) is one of three that actually survived through the entire Clone War era.  As the spec-ops don't have a long life expectancy, they have usually been disavowed by the GAR.

Simplistic repaint.  Neyo body and head.  Commander kama, and a Marine pauldron.

These next two are part of my ever growing squad, the 1205th.  One is quite comeplete, the other is still awaiting a few more bits.

The left is a jet trooper, the right is the squads comm man.

Close up of the jet pack I made.  As you can see it's nothing more than a bunch of left over Scorch parts and some other odds and ends I had in my fodder box.

Both need weathering and the comm man is going to get Neyo's pauldron soon enough.  Paint needs to be cleaned up, and second and third coats applied.  I've been sitting on these guys for quite some time, just haven't had the umph to get them up.

So, yeah...you know what to do...comments, questions, gripes...throw them at me.

Thanks

Dre