Author Topic: Hemble's Customs- Updated 01/04/2007 Rebel Commando  (Read 60525 times)

Offline hyouriittai

• Youngling
  • Objection your honor! The pod race was pretty cool
    • View Profile
Re: Hemble's Customs- Updat 14/04/06 sneak peak FEL
« Reply #240 on: April 13, 2006, 06:57 AM »
Ron, that looks awesome. I can''t wait to see it in cover. I still can't get my face paint apps to turn out as clean as you do!

You'll have to checkon my updates, as I am currently working on a custom of Baron Soontir Fel's son, Jagged Fel, for my New Jedi Order line!
-Matthew H.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 13, 2006, 07:53 AM »
Well there goes Ron again painting a figure in complete grayscale before he adds the color paint  ;).

Ron, that is a great looking pilot.  I'm not terribly familiar with the comic line but just as an X-wing figure as a pilot, he looks great!  Looking forward to seeing the colorized version.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 13, 2006, 09:52 AM »
I am officially becoming resentful, jealous and envious of all of Hemble's customs.   ;)

You do such stellar work Hemble, the Baron Fel look sick it's so good... can't wait to see a color pic or two.  Sometimes it's hard to find someone with your talent so willing to share details of how you do it and also comment/offer advice on other people's work too - you're always positive and a great addition to the hobby.  I have nothing but respect for you.

:)

Offline hyouriittai

• Youngling
  • Objection your honor! The pod race was pretty cool
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 13, 2006, 09:59 AM »
did you apply static grass to his vest?
-Matthew H.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 13, 2006, 10:18 AM »
Looking pretty sweet there, hemble. It looks like a heavily modified ATAT Driver body, can't wait to see this bad boy in color.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
« Reply #245 on: April 13, 2006, 07:28 PM »
Hi Guys

Well the sun is out and once I reply to your replies I'm going out and taking pics so I'll have them up this afternoon.

hyouriittai - thanks for the feedback mate and I replied to your post regarding Hans face he looks good and aren't toothpicks are great for eyes and the vest is an old 12" t-shirt I had lying around I just cut it up and glued it on.

BrentS - Cheers mate thanks for the reply, I am  the same reagrding the SW comic characters but when I saw this cover I thought damn that would look great as a figure.

Chewie - Really appreciate the feedback mate and coming from you it means alot. And to be honset if it wasn't for you at the very start wanting to see me do 3-3/4 figures I wouldn't have started doing them so thanks again.

Also you know what I'm like I love helping people out with their projects If I can help them out and they archived what they wanted that's a great feeling.

Darth Nirvana - Appreciate the comments mate and yep you are spoton it is a heavily modified ATAT body.

Ron
« Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 10:20 PM by hemble »

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #246 on: April 13, 2006, 09:35 PM »
Jeez Ron, that Quinlan Vos looks amazing, probably the best version that I have ever seen.  It can't be said enough how great your likenesses are to the source material. 

Baron Fel looks equally amazing, I can't wait to see it in color  ;D
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 13, 2006, 10:22 PM »
Gregorbian- Hi mate glad you like both the figures and thanks heaps for the comments really appreciate it.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 13, 2006, 10:24 PM »
Ok Guys here he is.

I wanted to make a Tie Fighter pilot but wanted to do something different instead of the black suited Pilot so when I saw a comic called Star Wars Rogue Squadron with Baron Fel on the front cover I knew that this would be a great figure to make.

Once the figure was made I painted him using Vallejo and Reaper Miniature paints the base is and take-away lid re-inforced around the inside edges using putty and the Imperial Emblem was downloaded of the net and then resized and printed of and glued in place.

RECIPE

Body- Star Wars Saga ATAT Driver.

Imperial Arm emblems- Are from the net I just down sized them then cut them out and glued them on.

Gloves and feet- Star Wars OTC Tie Fighter Pilot.

Helmet and control Unit- Star Wars OTC Tie Fighter Pilot.

Head and holster- Are from an old Elite Force S.W.A.T figure.

Leg Harness- Star Wars OTC X-Wing Pilot Wedge Figure.

Straps and belt- The straps and belt are some left over pleather cut to size and glued in place.

Flight Vest- Is and old 12" figure T-shirt I had lying around I just cut it out to shape and glued it in place.

Ron

« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 07:49 PM by hemble »

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
Re: Hemble's Customs- Update 14/04/06 BARON FEL
« Reply #249 on: April 13, 2006, 10:58 PM »
wow is all I can type, a perfect likeness to Fel. Really not much more to say, hes perfect.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: April 13, 2006, 11:21 PM »
Ron, the colorized version looks awesome!  As always your paint detailing is amazing.  I'm not sure I like the t-shirt flight vest but I suppose it does match the references.

Its funny, since I didn't know the character or the story, I was expecting his jump suit to be orange  :)

Keep it up my friend!

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 14, 2006, 12:02 AM »
Love it! Now all you need is his Tie Interceptor to do along with it.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #252 on: April 14, 2006, 12:04 AM »
Wow, he looks fantastic Ron!  I really like that the flight vest is softgoods, nice touch.
Most Impressive  8)
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #253 on: April 14, 2006, 12:20 AM »
This one turned out phenomenally Ron. It took me a little while to realize that really was an AT-AT driver body, you did a wonderful job disguising it. I for one really like the soft goos vest and straps I think they look great. As usual I have no idea where to begin when it comes to the paint, I think you could paint up a POTF2 R5-D4 or any other POS figure and make it look 100x better, your painting ability is that good.

How'd you do the imperial logos? I've tried using decals that i printed out on clear mailing labels cut it oit and stuck it to the figure, but they tend to smudge and they don't stick very well and lift up at the corners. Is there any kind of special paper or glue you use?
"This is the way."

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 14, 2006, 05:24 AM »
Hi guys

Smartypants1635- I'm really glad you like him mate and thanks for the feedback the head was the only thing that was worrying me.

BrentS- Cheers mate really appreciate the honest reply, I was going to do the vest using an old hanky but decided with the t-shirt as it still gives that ripple affect you see on the Rebel pilots.
                                                               I'm in the same boat as you regarding this comic series but I think this is his Imperial outfit while he was with the Empire but I could be wrong.

MetalJedi- Thanks for the feedback mate and damn I wish there was a tie fighter for him.

Gregorbian- Mate much appreciated the feedback means alot.

Ryan- Mate I'm really glad you like him that much and thanks heaps for the kind words.
                        For the Imp logo's I've added a pic for you below I had to resize down to scale #12 using PSP6 and just printed it out on plain white paper and attached it using PVA glue.

Ron