Author Topic: Hemble's Customs- Updated 01/04/2007 Rebel Commando  (Read 60523 times)

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
Re: Hemble's Customs- Updated 20/04/06 O'Neill in desert camo
« Reply #285 on: May 7, 2006, 01:31 AM »
Hi All

Again something different

When I started making Batman I wanted a real gritty and menacing feel to him, I even wanted his costume to look gritty. So after about 4 weeks looking thru comics and the internet and also doing some simple drawings I got the look I wanted. I also wanted to give him some kind of armour but didn't want to go with the conventional style - (ie armour built into the costume) so  I decided to go with armour that could be seen and which would also look the part for a gritty Batman.

After he was completed I used Reaper and Vallejo paints as they have a greater range of colours then most other companies once he was painted and drybrushed I gave him a coat of sealant(Testor's Dullcoate) to stop any scratchs.

RECIPE

Body - Marvel's Legends Black Panther
Head and Belt- Marvel's Legends Bullseye heavly modified and green stuff added for the cowl.
Boots and Glove - Marvel's Fantastic 4 Mr Fantastic with the armour and bindings added using leather strips
Batman Chest Emblem and lower neck cowl - Are pieces of leather cutout and glued in place
Cape - Is just some old fabric I had lying around I just cut out the desired design and glued it underneath the lower neck cowl.

Ron
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 07:56 PM by hemble »

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
Re: Hemble's Customs- Updated 07/005/06 Batman
« Reply #286 on: May 7, 2006, 08:21 AM »
Wow, Ron.  There are so many great things to say about Batman.  You did a great job building him, especially since it doesn't appear you used any Batman parts at all :)  One of the little things that you did that really looks great is how you were able get the proper folds into the shoulder parts of the cape that makes it flow so naturally.  For some reason, that really stood out to me. 

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #287 on: May 7, 2006, 09:42 AM »
Nice job Ron, It looks real good, almost like it was out of the batman movie, the gauntlets remind me of that because he used those at that ninja school or whatever it was.

Offline Outrider

• Jedi Initiate
  • IMPS RULE
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: May 7, 2006, 12:28 PM »
Thats one COOL Batman.  I really like the straps around the gauntlets and boots.  The cape is very realistic looking as well.  Great Job

Your stuff is absolutely awesome!
« Last Edit: May 7, 2006, 12:44 PM by Outrider »
NOTE TO HASBRO,
SA JANGO would sell quite well!

Offline stormtripper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: May 7, 2006, 02:44 PM »
hey hemble, I am geeked at that batman, nice work indeed. I have sorta been on a batman rebirth since I picked up my son one of the lego sets, they did a really good job on the dark knight. I saw your Star Gate custom as well, nice work. They were filming star gate beside my work on Fri, I live in North Vancouver and see many production crews and occasionally an actor or a scene being filmed. Its funny when you see them on the big screen and how they are always trying to make Vancouver appear to be New York or L.A. Priceless.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: May 7, 2006, 09:49 PM »
That's just oustanding Hemble.  I'll never understand how you are able to paint so well and the parts look so real....  It's just mind boggling!

:)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 8, 2006, 12:13 AM »
Hemble, let me start off by saying I'm a huge Batman fan, and in fact, that I AM Batman.

I don't like the costume you made for your Batman, but if it was a stand alone random figure, it's neat for what it is. :)

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 8, 2006, 05:38 AM »
Sweet crackers! That is one MEAN looking Dark Knight!

I can easily see this design being in an Elseworlds book. Very cool and very creative, and the painting as always is top notch.

Now you need a cool new Joker design to go with him.  ;)

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: May 10, 2006, 03:49 AM »
HI Guys

Thanks heaps for all the feedback I will reply in detail on Friday.

Ron

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: May 10, 2006, 09:37 AM »
Now that is a fantastic Batman! You really took something that was not very good and made it extordinary. Very highly detailed and a great way to go out. Now you will have to be our Batman.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: June 11, 2006, 06:27 AM »
Hi Guys

Sorry for the late late late reply I've been flat out training and finishing commissions work for people before I head of to Basic I have 2 other figures I'll post a little later tonight.

Master_Phruby wrote
Now that is a fantastic Batman! You really took something that was not very good and made it extordinary. Very highly detailed and a great way to go out. Now you will have to be our Batman.

Thanks M_P for the feedback buddy muchly appreciated.

Darth Delicious wrote
Sweet crackers! That is one MEAN looking Dark Knight!
 I can easily see this design being in an Elseworlds book. Very cool and very creative, and the painting as always is top notch.
 Now you need a cool new Joker design to go with him.

Hi Ya DD really glad you like him and Joker will be on the cards after Basic cheers mate.

Famine wrote
Hemble, let me start off by saying I'm a huge Batman fan, and in fact, that I AM Batman.
                            I don't like the costume you made for your Batman, but if it was a stand alone random figure, it's neat for what it is.

Hi Kevin, Mate thanks for the honest feedback buddy I always like people being honest when commenting on customs and you know me I like it when people are straight forward.
Also Buddy don't worry about your comment pertaining to Bats it had nothing to do with me joining back up it's just something that I have wanted to do since I got out last time.

CHEWIE wrote
That's just oustanding Hemble.  I'll never understand how you are able to paint so well and the parts look so real....  It's just mind boggling!

A big thanks mate being a big fan of your work for ages your comments mean alot.

stormtripper wrote
hey hemble, I am geeked at that batman, nice work indeed. I have sorta been on a batman rebirth since I picked up my son one of the lego sets, they did a really good job on the dark knight. I saw your Star Gate custom as well, nice work. They were filming star gate beside my work on Fri, I live in North Vancouver and see many production crews and occasionally an actor or a scene being filmed. Its funny when you see them on the big screen and how they are always trying to make Vancouver appear to be New York or L.A. Priceless.

Hi Mate thanks heaps for the nice comments always appreciated mate and you lucky SOB I would have loved to see them doing a shoot of Stargate that would be so cool.

Outrider wrote
Thats one COOL Batman.  I really like the straps around the gauntlets and boots.  The cape is very realistic looking as well.  Great Job
  Your stuff is absolutely awesome!

A BIG thanks for the feedback mate apprecaite it heaps.

Smartypants1635 wrote
Nice job Ron, It looks real good, almost like it was out of the batman movie, the gauntlets remind me of that because he used those at that ninja school or whatever it was.

Mate I didn't even think about the gauntlets when I was making him nice pick up indeed and thanks for the comments.

BrentS wrote
Wow, Ron.  There are so many great things to say about Batman.  You did a great job building him, especially since it doesn't appear you used any Batman parts at all   One of the little things that you did that really looks great is how you were able get the proper folds into the shoulder parts of the cape that makes it flow so naturally.  For some reason, that really stood out to me. 

Hi Brent cheers buddy really appreciate the comments and really gald you like him the folds took me ages to do If I can recall it took 2 hours just for cape you really have to hate cloth sometimes but the end result is worth it.

Ron
« Last Edit: June 11, 2006, 06:45 AM by hemble »

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: June 11, 2006, 07:17 AM »
Hi Guys

Well here are the last 2 figures that I'll have up until I come back from basic I go in on Tuesday so I'll apologize now if I don't come back and reply to your feedbacks.
                 And I just want to say that it's been fun and you have all been great friends and you are all going to sorely missed and I will leave a post in my section to let you all knwo how I'm going :'( so here they are and enjoy and as always comments welcome.

THOR  THE THUNDER GOD

Thor was one of the hardest figures that I've had to do as I wanted him to look like the comic character but also look have a look of a Viking warrior so again after a day or two of searching the Internet and a little inspiration from a fellow customizer (glorbes) over on this custom figure site  http://www.fwooshnet.com/forum/ I came up with this version of the God Of Thunder. I also wanted his helmet  to have a little twist and instead of the wings I gave the helmet a lighting bolt design and kept the flowing fur at the back.

After the figure was put together I painted him using Games Workshop paints, Vallejo miniature paints and Reaper miniature paints, there was some major dry brushing to get the desired colours in the Armour and also in the clothing but I was pleased with the overall look and feel of him. And as always he was given 2 coates of Testors dull coate to seal in the paint and stop any scratch's.

RECIPE

Body - Marvel Legends Wonderman.
Head, Hands- Eomer LOTR The Two Towers.
Forearms and Leg Armour - Eomer LOTR The Two Towers.
Helmet - Eomer  LOTR The Two Tower with lighting bolts added which are made from cardboard and brushed over with superglue.
Belt - Marvel Legends Namor with a shoulder pad added to the front from an old LOTR figure.
Tunic and Vest - Cut from leather and glued in place using superglue.
Round metal discs and chain - The discs I got from some old 1/35th scale model parts from the bits box and the chain I picked up from a $2 dollar store.
Hammer - The main part of the hammer was made from balsa wood glued together and sanded to shape the handle is some plasti-card rod cut to size and then wrapped using some old pleather as is the lower handle grip.
Cape - The cape was some left over material which was given a wash and then drybrushed.

CAPTAIN AMERICA  VERSION 2.0

When I started making Captain America version 2 I didn't want to go the usual way as in the stripes on the waist and wings on the head but still be able to recognize good Ole Capt.

So I decide to go for a all in blue costume except for the boots and gloves and instead of the blue crotch area I went with a red look in that area. The cowl I decided to change as well I didn't want to have the tiny wings on the cowl or the ears showing so I discarded both of them and decided to have the ears covered and also have the hair sticking out.

Once I got the look I wanted I painted him using Reaper Miniature and Vallejo paints and sealed it all in using Testors Dull coate.

RECIPE

Body - Marvel Legends Wonderman.
Boots - Marvel Legends Cyclops.
Gloves - Marvel's Fantastic 4's Mr Fantastic.
Head - Marvel Legends Angel with sculpted cowl and 1/72 scale King Tiger Front machine gun cover for the ears.
Belt - Marvel Legends Bullseye belt with extras added from the bits box.
Shield - Marvel Legends Captain America I had lying around.
Stars(chest and back) - Some old pieces of leather cut out and glued in place.

Ron

« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 08:00 PM by hemble »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Hemble's Customs- Updated 11/06/06 Capt America V2 & Thor
« Reply #297 on: June 11, 2006, 11:21 AM »
Ron, it's great to see some new customs from you, and even better to hear from you.  Your work is always so life-like and distinguishable.  Take care buddy, looking forward to your safe return home. 

:)

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #298 on: June 11, 2006, 11:43 AM »
 :'( :'(Don't go dude.
This is a nice batch of customs Ron.
The thor looks really cool, the addition of the chains is excellant, but I'm not really a fan of the screaming head :-\.

Cap. America
Your take on him is really cool, I like how we can still tell its him, the star and shield and colors but yet it looks like a totally new person, very neat.

Take care dude, Hope to talk to you again soon, and be careful.

Smarty

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: June 11, 2006, 02:42 PM »
Great work as alway Hemble!

Eomer's head is a great likeness for Thor. Good Choice.

I'm sure going to miss you around here, your work has been an inspiration to me. I hope to see more from you in the future when you return.

Good Luck!
Fritzkrieg