Well here are the last 2 figures that I'll have up until I come back from basic I go in on Tuesday so I'll apologize now if I don't come back and reply to your feedbacks.
And I just want to say that it's been fun and you have all been great friends and you are all going to sorely missed and I will leave a post in my section to let you all knwo how I'm going
so here they are and enjoy and as always comments welcome.THOR THE THUNDER GOD
Thor was one of the hardest figures that I've had to do as I wanted him to look like the comic character but also look have a look of a Viking warrior so again after a day or two of searching the Internet and a little inspiration from a fellow customizer (glorbes) over on this custom figure site http://www.fwooshnet.com/forum/
I came up with this version of the God Of Thunder. I also wanted his helmet to have a little twist and instead of the wings I gave the helmet a lighting bolt design and kept the flowing fur at the back.
After the figure was put together I painted him using Games Workshop paints, Vallejo miniature paints and Reaper miniature paints, there was some major dry brushing to get the desired colours in the Armour and also in the clothing but I was pleased with the overall look and feel of him. And as always he was given 2 coates of Testors dull coate to seal in the paint and stop any scratch's.RECIPE Body
- Marvel Legends Wonderman.Head, Hands
- Eomer LOTR The Two Towers.Forearms and Leg Armour
- Eomer LOTR The Two Towers.Helmet
- Eomer LOTR The Two Tower with lighting bolts added which are made from cardboard and brushed over with superglue.Belt
- Marvel Legends Namor with a shoulder pad added to the front from an old LOTR figure.Tunic and Vest
- Cut from leather and glued in place using superglue.Round metal discs and chain
- The discs I got from some old 1/35th scale model parts from the bits box and the chain I picked up from a $2 dollar store. Hammer
- The main part of the hammer was made from balsa wood glued together and sanded to shape the handle is some plasti-card rod cut to size and then wrapped using some old pleather as is the lower handle grip.Cape
- The cape was some left over material which was given a wash and then drybrushed.CAPTAIN AMERICA VERSION 2.0
When I started making Captain America version 2 I didn't want to go the usual way as in the stripes on the waist and wings on the head but still be able to recognize good Ole Capt.
So I decide to go for a all in blue costume except for the boots and gloves and instead of the blue crotch area I went with a red look in that area. The cowl I decided to change as well I didn't want to have the tiny wings on the cowl or the ears showing so I discarded both of them and decided to have the ears covered and also have the hair sticking out.
Once I got the look I wanted I painted him using Reaper Miniature and Vallejo paints and sealed it all in using Testors Dull coate.RECIPE Body
- Marvel Legends Wonderman.Boots
- Marvel Legends Cyclops.Gloves
- Marvel's Fantastic 4's Mr Fantastic.Head
- Marvel Legends Angel with sculpted cowl and 1/72 scale King Tiger Front machine gun cover for the ears.Belt
- Marvel Legends Bullseye belt with extras added from the bits box.Shield
- Marvel Legends Captain America I had lying around.Stars(chest and back)
- Some old pieces of leather cut out and glued in place.