Author Topic: Hemble's Customs- Updated 01/04/2007 Rebel Commando  (Read 61225 times)

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
Re: Hemble's Customs- Updated 26/03/06 P-15 Pic Heavy
« Reply #225 on: April 7, 2006, 07:17 AM »
Hi Guys

Sorry I didn't get back to you both sooner I must have deleted the emails regarding replies I do apologize.

Chewie- cheers mate I'm really glad you like em, I think this is the way I'm going to go with most of my figure for now on putting them on dio's I think they just look better with some scenery.

hyouriittai - thanks for the feedback mate much apprecaited and good to see you doing some great work yourself.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Hemble's Customs- Updated 26/03/06 P-15 Pic Heavy
« Reply #226 on: April 7, 2006, 07:20 AM »
Hi All

Quilan Vos is a commission piece for a member on one of the Aussie figure forums I go to it took me around 1-1/2 weeks to complete him, He has been painted using Reaper miniatures and Vallejo paints. The only reference that can be found of him besides in the comic books is a small part in Star Wars EP1 when you see him sitting down at the food shanti where Jar Jar tries to steal the dead animal. The recipe is below on parts I used.

1: Head and body from Dragon.
2: Hair is 50% sculpted using green stuff and 50% molded hair from a Andromeda figure.
3: Leather pants from Andromeda figure.
4: Boots from WW2 German figure.
5: Body Armour is from a modern day Dragon figure flak jacket altered using pieces of leather.
6: Shoulder pad is from a 12" clone trooper which as been altered and the emblem is made from greenstuff,
7: The robes and waist wrap are some old pieces of cloth winch have been dyed as are the hand wraps which also have been dyed.
8: The belt is leather and pleather with studs added and pouches from an old Obi-Kenobi belt the buckle is from the bits box and the saber hilt is and old metal buckle from an old WW2 harness

Ron
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 07:46 PM by hemble »

Offline hyouriittai

• Youngling
  • Objection your honor! The pod race was pretty cool
    • View Profile
Re: Hemble's Customs- Updat 07/04/06 Quinlan Vos P16
« Reply #227 on: April 7, 2006, 08:59 AM »
I think I'm one of the few people into Star Wars these days that doesn't like Quinlan Vos. DESPITE, however, my bias, as always, you nailed this custom perfectly Ron. I think by now, everyone on the board has told you how uncanny the likenesses of your figures are. Not unlike your other pieces, your paint apps on this are superb, and the accessories/tailoring are excellent. It's hard for me to tell whether the hair is sculpted or softgoods -- either way, it looks very convincing! Thanks for sharing.
-Matthew H.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 7, 2006, 09:36 AM »
Ron, Looks great!  Your skills never cease to amaze me.  Any chance we can get a shot from the side showing off the arm tatoos?

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 7, 2006, 09:47 AM »
That is a beautiful piece. The outfit is well crafted but nothing less than I would expect from you. He is pretty clean shaven though. The tatoos on the face look great. Some more detail to the rest of the face would make him look a lot tougher. He's too pretty right now.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 7, 2006, 10:40 AM »
I agree, this is just beautiful.  And I rarely call a figure of a man beautiful.  But this is just stellar.  Everything from the hair to the lightsaber hanging on his hip looks so real... how do you do such excellent work?

:P

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 7, 2006, 12:35 PM »
BTW, I don't see how you can afford to keep custom fodder in both 3.75 and 12" scale.  I'm already going nuts.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 7, 2006, 12:52 PM »
Yah, 3.75" scale is bad enough. What do you guys think of this head for a 3 3/4" version of Mr. Vos?

« Last Edit: April 7, 2006, 03:37 PM by Master_Phruby »
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline hyouriittai

• Youngling
  • Objection your honor! The pod race was pretty cool
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 7, 2006, 03:46 PM »
I thin the Spirit Iron Knife jaw might be a little strong for Quinlan Vos, but maybe that's just me (cos I'm not that familiar with the character.) Other than that, a little addition to his hairsculpt and a repaint would probably work out well!

I'm getting the comic three pack with that Spirit fig, Hannibal: Reborn and Agent Courtney Krieger (Covergirl). I already know what I'm gonna use Courtney and Hannibal for, but I can't think of a dang thing to do with Spirit Iron Knife, lol.
-Matthew H.

Offline darth_ripley

• Jedi Initiate
  • i'm the monster's mother...
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 8, 2006, 12:51 PM »
hemble, this is really a masterpiece. knowing all too well myself how much time and effort goes into 1/6th scale (crafting clothes & sculpting/modifying) i can really see your high quality of craftsmanship and i love the sculpted hair. i am not really familiar with the character other than the customs others have done that i have seen, but i find yours to be far superior. i'm sure the person getting this will be thrilled!  :)

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 8, 2006, 07:21 PM »
Hi Guys

hyouriittai- Cheers mate glad you like him and thanks for the reply the hair is a combo of soft/hard rubber and greenstuff , Oh while I think of it thanks for posting the tutorial over on RS and gald it helped you out.

BrentS- Thanks for the kind words mate and here is a pic of the tattoo.
BrentS wrote
BTW, I don't see how you can afford to keep custom fodder in both 3.75 and 12" scale.  I'm already going nuts.

That's not to hard at all I don't drink and don't smoke so I can afford to get stuff every now and then plus doing commission work for people helps me get stuff as well.

Master_Phruby- Always good to hear your opions M_P and with the face what ref's I could find he was always had a 5 o'clock shadow but the guy I made him for wanted him this and you know what they say the client is always right ;D.
  And I think the figure 3-3/4 would be a good choice especially once you get the hair done on the side of the face.

CHEWIE- Mate apprecaite your feedback and thanks heaps for the kind words,
Chewie wrote
And how do you do such excellent work?
that is a good question, To be totally honest and this might sound wierd I think I owe it to doing military models as you have to be precise as they are historically accurate so I think doing the models helped in a big way when I started doing custom figures.

darth_ripley- Mate thanks for the great feedback I thought seeing that you do 1/6 figures as well you would be happy to this this figure and as you also know when you do a 1/6 compared to 3-3/4" you have to make sure that you get as much detail in as you can because it's alot easier to notice things in this scale which you might not in the smaller scale figures.

Ron

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 8, 2006, 07:33 PM »
That is a really good representation of good ole Quinlan. The detail like always is amazing. Stellar job!
I remember my dream now.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 8, 2006, 10:07 PM »
I love him. :D

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 9, 2006, 01:19 PM »
Yah, 3.75" scale is bad enough. What do you guys think of this head for a 3 3/4" version of Mr. Vos?

I was kind of wondering the same thing Phruby.  I bought that 3-pk the other day for that female character head for a custom someday, maybe with some work that could be used for a Vos.  The hard thing though I think is the hair.

:)

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 13, 2006, 06:07 AM »
Hi Guys

Well seeing that most of you enjoyed seeing the Imp officer and Luke/Yoda in B/W I thought I would show off Baron Fel in B/W at least until I can get a sunny day here.

Ron
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 07:48 PM by hemble »