Author Topic: Hemble's Customs- Updated 01/04/2007 Rebel Commando  (Read 60675 times)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Hemble's Customs- Update 14/04/06 BARON FEL
« Reply #255 on: April 14, 2006, 01:59 PM »
What is PVA glue?
"This is the way."

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
« Reply #256 on: April 14, 2006, 05:16 PM »
 Ryan

It's wood glue sorry about that mate.

rON

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 15, 2006, 07:08 AM »
Hi Guys

Here's a WIP shot of Luke from Splinter of the minds eye still have to do a little drybrusing to the figure and base but it's 95% complete and it's in colour. LMK what you think so far

Ron

« Last Edit: April 15, 2006, 07:10 AM by hemble »

Offline hyouriittai

• Youngling
  • Objection your honor! The pod race was pretty cool
    • View Profile
Re: Hemble's Customs- WIP- Luke from SOTME and in colour
« Reply #258 on: April 15, 2006, 07:28 AM »
Fantastic job, Ron! The little dio looks great. I know we've all said it, but I'll say it again: your paint apps are amazing. Yet another favorite custom I'll have to add to my list.
-Matthew H.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 15, 2006, 09:05 AM »
Ron, that is looking great!  Is the shirt tied around his waist sculpted? If so, it came out great!  If not where did you find that piece?  I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #260 on: April 15, 2006, 09:38 AM »
Did you make  his arms static ? Cause I don't see any creases for him to move on in the joints.

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 15, 2006, 01:17 PM »
Great Work! As Always.

Baron Fel> You've done a great Justice to  my All Time Favorite EU Character. Your Paint Aps. Are Very Realistic as Usuall.  Great Job on the Soft Goods. The Webbing and Holster look very Good. Are The Hoses Maliable enough to Reattach to the Helmet, when he is Wearing It? If So What did you Use for them?

Luke from Splinter of the minds eye> Comming Along Great! What do you have left to do to it? It looks Perfect Already.

Keep Up the Great Work,

Fritzkrieg

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 15, 2006, 05:23 PM »
Hemble... that Luke is turning out already to be one of the best customs I've seen anyone do.  How in the world did you make the folded down uniform?  It has to be sculpted, right?  Yet it looks so real, like you could see him pull the top back up and get back in his X-Wing!  As much as I an in awe of your Baron Fel, the Luke just blows me away... you are truly an artist and inspiration.

:)

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 15, 2006, 05:54 PM »
Hi Guys

Thanks for the kind words muchly appreciated I will also post my normal pics today just finishing of some minor touches.

CHEWIE wrote
How in the world did you make the folded down uniform?  It has to be sculpted, right?
BrentS wrote
Is the shirt tied around his waist sculpted?

Hi guys the extra part of the x-wing flight suit has been scuplted using GW greenstuff putty and then creases were added inusing a tooth pick.

Smartypants1635 wrote
Did you make  his arms static ? Cause I don't see any creases for him to move on in the joints.

The joints have all been super-glued together and filled in using GW greenstuff putty sanded down primed and painted over.

Fritzkrieg wrote
Great Job on the Soft Goods. The Webbing and Holster look very Good. Are The Hoses Maliable enough to Reattach to the Helmet, when he is Wearing It? If So What did you Use for them?

The holster and webbing on Luke has been totally done from scratch using pleather and the hoses and helmet on Fel have been glued in place .  All the figures I do which I put on bases have little to no articulation on them at all.

Ron

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 15, 2006, 06:34 PM »
Sometimes I think a lack of articulation is fine, when you're using them for dioramas sometimes I don't need articulation on my customs either.  Not that I get to this kind of detailed quality either though of course.   ;)

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 16, 2006, 04:08 AM »
Thanks Chewie your to kind.

Well here he is finally done

LUKE SKYWALKER  SPLINTER OF THE MIND'S EYE

When I saw the front cover of Luke from the Star Wars comic series The Splinter of the Mind's eye I knew I had to make a figure of him with is X-wing suit wrapped around him and thought it would be a good challenge. Once the figure was completed I used Vallejo, Reaper miniature and Games Workshop paints on him.

The base is from the new Star Wars Saga line which comes with the figures I added marine Styrofoam to it and carved out a small incline I then added plaster of paris and woodglue to the base. Once dry I coated the base with woodglue and added sand and static grass to it.

Once the sand and static grass dried I gave it a wash using Vallejo paints and let dry and then drybrushed it using Vallejo paints again, the small shrubs are from woodland scenics and the palm plants are plastic fish tank plants painted in the same method as mentioned above.

RECIPE

Head, Body, boots and Arms- OTC Dagobah Luke with added hair at the back for more length using GW greenstuff. The body was covered in greenstuff and sleeves were added to the arms and the arms reqiured a little greenstuff as I had to alter them slightly.

Legs- OTC X-Wing Pilot Wedge Figure with putty used on the knee and crotch area.

The Wrap around X-wing sleeves- they are made from greenstuff and once secured to the body I used a toothpick to add creases.

Holster and belt- This was made using left over pleatherwhich was glued together using superglue.

Blaster and Saber- These were pulled out of the bits box from another Luke figure.

sorry pics lost

Ron

« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 07:53 PM by hemble »

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
Re: Hemble's Customs- Updated 16/04/06 Luke from SOTME
« Reply #266 on: April 16, 2006, 11:48 AM »
Ron, another stunning custom.  Your sculpting on this one is top notch!  Keep up the great work, you are inspiring!

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #267 on: April 16, 2006, 09:54 PM »
Whoa Ron, great sculpting there!  That sculpted jacket looks real!  While I usually try to add more articulation to my customs, if possible, I must admit that the static, mini-diorama-style looks perfect.  Great work as always!
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: April 17, 2006, 06:20 AM »
Hi All

BrentS- Thanks for the kind words buddy really means alot.

Gregorbian- Always apprecaite your thoughts and views mate thanks heaps.

Ron

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: April 17, 2006, 11:28 AM »
This turned out to be one hell of a masterpiece Hemble... kind of what I envision an Unleashed line in the 3-3/4" scale to be someday...

You get an A+ on this one for sure, it's just unbelievable!