Author Topic: Hemble's Customs- Updated 01/04/2007 Rebel Commando  (Read 60524 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Hemble's Customs- Updated 11/06/06 Capt America V2 & Thor
« Reply #300 on: June 20, 2006, 01:11 PM »
I thought I should bump this wonderful thread.   :)

:)

Offline Kit Fisto

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Tell your people to take shelter."
    • View Profile
    • Sofie and Jeffreys' Art/Custom Database
« Reply #301 on: June 20, 2006, 02:04 PM »
I LOVE the captain america, but if you wanted to go for that look, I would have made him into a Super Soldier from the Amalgam cross over:

"You're right! The Wu-Tang and the Shaolin could be dangerous!!"

My Website

Me on Ebay

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
« Reply #302 on: August 12, 2006, 04:51 AM »
Hi guys

just wanted to pop on and say hi I've been browsing the site when I've had a chance and the customs are all looking great I only have 3 weeks to go till I finish up here in advance training and once I get to my IET training I'll be able to start and do my customs again and I'll tell you what I can't wait.

Till then here is a custom figure of Sky Captain I did just before I left so hope you all in enjoy and I'll have some SW customs in the coming weeks take care and stay safe.

Ron

Hi guys

SKY CAPTAIN
just wanted to pop on and say hi I've been browsing the site when I've had a chance and the customs are all looking great I only have 3 weeks to go till I finish up here in advance training and once I get to my IET training I'll be able to start and do my customs again and I'll tell you what I can't wait.

Till then here is a custom figure of I did just before I left so hope you all in enjoy and I'll have some SW customs in the coming weeks take care and stay safe.

Ron

When I started making Sky Captain I wanted the figure to have that herioc feel of the movie yet still add my own style to him so I decided to give him a little ruggerness by giving the uniform a dirtier look and given the face an unshaven look. The uniform was the hardest thing to make as it is actual cloth and also I wanted again the feel of the movie in it but also wanted that WW2 feel to it as well.

Once all the parts were made or taken from the bits box the figure, clothing and equipment were painted with Reaper Miniatures and Vallejo paints, There was a lot of dry brushing and wash's to get the desired look and feel to this character and I'm really pleased with the way he turned out.

RECIPE

Body - Fantastic 4's Mr Fantastic from the movie.

Legs - The Punisher from the movie.

Head and gloves - Fantastic 4's Mr Fantastic from the movie.

Boots - Marvel legends The Punisher.

Belt, holster and pouches - The holster and pouches are from Plan B Toys and the belt is left over leather.

Flight Jacket - Is from the movie Punisher I cut it at the waist and glued it in certain places to still have movebilitly and the wool area's are static grass(modellers grass) glued in place and painted.

Flight Pants - The pants have been sewn to give the baggy appearance and the zippers are left over leather cut to size and glued in place and painted to simulate zippers

Flight Head Gear - The head gear is made completely from leather I cut it to shape and glued in place over the Mr Fantastic head which was cut and sanded down to get a natuaral fit.

Flight Goggles - Was cut from an old DVD container cover it was cut to size and then cut to the desired shape and the strap is again some left over leather.

Ron

« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 08:04 PM by hemble »

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
Re: Hemble's Customs- Updated 12/08/06 Sky Captain
« Reply #303 on: August 12, 2006, 09:09 AM »
Hiya Ron, Its great to hear from you again!!  As always, your customs are truly breath-taking.  I can't believe how realistic you can get the cloth to look on these figures.  I was studying the figure before reading the recipe trying to figure out the scale.  Its that good.  Take care and I hope to hear from you again soon.

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #304 on: August 12, 2006, 11:02 AM »
YOU"RE ALMOST BACK WOOHOOO. Thats great to hear Ron. This SKy Captain is perfect, he blends together so well. And the soft goods are out of this worlds Keep it up.

Adam

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: September 30, 2006, 10:25 PM »
Hi Guys

Well I'm finally back and it's so good while I was in my unit the wife came down and saw me a few weeks ago and bought all my building materials down with her(damn she's a good girl) but don't tell her I said that. 

But I have to wait till I come home so I can add my pics to my site as we don't have computers on base which is a shame as I would've have had pics up weeks ago. I've also done 3 SW figures and will hopefully post them either this afternoon or tomorrow.

When I started making Superman I wanted to give him a gritty looking costume like I did with my Batman figure but also keeping with the original colours and style of the character we all know. For that reason I went for the body I used for my Batman as the it looks like real material and also the main body gives you all the muscle defintion that I belive Superman should have. When he was complete I used Vallejo and Reaper miniature paints.

RECIPE

Body -Marvel's Lengends Black Panther.
Boots - Marvel's Fantastic 4 Mr Fantastic, leather was added to the boots to give it the height
Head - X-men Magneto, I sanded down the hair and added new hair using GamesWork Shop 2 part putty greenstuff.
Chest Emblem - With the emblem I cut out the desired shape from left over leather and hand painted the S onto that.
Belt - The belt is again some left over leather cut to shape and glued in place using super glue
Cape - The cape ia an ols T-shirt I had lying around I dyed it and cut the shape out and superglued that into place.

Ron

« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 08:05 PM by hemble »

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Hemble's Customs- Updated 01/10/06 Superman & SW Figs
« Reply #306 on: October 1, 2006, 05:29 AM »
Well guys guys here is 2 of the SW figs I did while I was away enjoy.

TELIS MEX (Bounty Hunter) & TAD-3 (Tactical Assualt Droid MK-3)

While making Telis I thouht it would be cool to give him some sought of partner I was going to do another human/alien then decided to go with a droid instead as I thought it would look great and I was very happy with the end result especially the combat style of him which took me 2 weeks to get the desired look. As always the figures were painted using Vallejo and Reaper miniature paints.

Telis was part of the Clone Army until the Emporor decided to get other Human volunteers and after about another 2 years in the service he decided to go his own way and become a Bounty Hunter and on his second bounty his when he ran into TAD-3 who was also on the same bounty. So after some deliberation who's bounty it was they decided to take 50% each and after that they become partners.

TAD-3 was originally a Tactical Assualt Droid for the Kaltrimma Empire but when Imperial troopers took over the planet there was no use for him anymore so imperial technians were going to shut him down and 1000's like him. But for some strange reason TAD was aware what was going on and killed the techs and fled the planet and from there he hired himself out as a Bounty Hunter and some years later he and Telis become partners.

RECIPE

Telis

Head- The helmet is from the clone trooper evolution set I added a scope to the right side from the bits ox and also some tubes.

Body- The body is from the AT-AT driver and the legs are from Dannik Jerriko

Equipment-The back pack is from the VOTC Stormtrooper, the blaster is from the Clone trooper evolution sets which was cut down and reglued back together.

TAD-3

Head- The head is from the Evil dead 3-3/4 figure sets I added some tubes and a contol panel which were in my bits box.

Body- The body is from the EP-1 Trade Federation driods.

Arms- The upper part of the arms are from the plastic miniature APE(maruader) figure from Starship Troopers and the right lower arm is from the Trade Federation droid and the left lower arm is parts of rifles I had in the bits box.

Legs- The legs are from the plastic miniature APE(maruader) figure from Starship Troopers.

Ron
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 08:08 PM by hemble »

Offline stormtripper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Hemble's Customs- Updated 01/10/06 Superman & SW
« Reply #307 on: October 1, 2006, 01:40 PM »
Man those are amazing customs..... Not to anyone's surprize that has seen your work. Awesome as always.. That droid would creep out IG-88 I think ;D

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: October 3, 2006, 11:21 AM »
Ron, so great to see you post new things around here again!  Welcome back, hopefully you are back to stay for a while.

The bounty hunter and Droid are just amazing.  My favorite part is the kama that you've put together on him.  It looks like the material has been stiffened?  or is it plastic so incredible well painted that I thought it was just cloth?

Welcome back!

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #309 on: October 7, 2006, 08:19 PM »
I don't know how I missed this. These two new ones look fantastic Ron! I'm really glad to see you back around. As usual the paint app leaves absolutely nothing to be desired, both of them are flawless. I'm really liking the part selection on both of these. The battle droid torso works perfectly in the droid, it is familiar but not instantly recogniziable so it really helps it fit in the SW universe. That kama/cloak is wonderful, it is perfectly weathered and it flows very nicely.

Again, it is great to see you back Ron!
"This is the way."

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Findswoman Collection
« Reply #310 on: October 9, 2006, 12:20 AM »
Just been paging through some of your fabulous recent creations.  They're all so high quality, it's hard to know where to start!  Sky Captain is one of the ones that really jumps out at me -- you gave him a really good retro look, and I like what you did with his outfit.

Thanks, as always, for sharing your work with us.  It's always gratifying to see good 12" work, since there isn't much of it on these forums.  I'll be watching this space! :)

... the Findswoman

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: October 9, 2006, 10:28 AM »
I just had the pleasure of scrolling through this thread I'm very impressed by what I see. I love to see great work couple with a great imagination.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: October 9, 2006, 09:18 PM »
Hi All

Sorry for the late reply been busy doing heaps of catching up on my customs,

stormtripper - Thanks for the kind words mate muchly appreciated.

BrentS - Cheers buddy and it's great to be back, the kama is cloth I just gave it a wash of field grey paint .

Ryan - Glad you like them mate and thanks for the kind words I really appreciate it.

findswoman - Thanks heaps for the great comments it means alot I'll have to admit thou I was'nt sure the Sky Captain figure was going to turn the way I wanted him especially a 6inch figure and using cloth on him but once he was done I was more then happy with the the way he turned out.

Darth_Anton - Thanks for the reply and comments it's really appreciated

Ron

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: October 9, 2006, 09:19 PM »
IMPERIAL SCOUT TROOPER  ENDOR MOON

HI GUYS
This will be my last post for about 8 weeks I have to go interstate with the Army for more training but the good news is that I'll be making figures while I'm away so I'll have plenty to post when I get back which should be around teh 11/12 december so see you alll then.

Ron

While out shopping the other day I picked up a couple of the new SW Scout Troopers for some customizing and decided to keep one to put on a small viginette. The has been superglued at the joints and then the joints have been filled in using Games Workshop greenstuff, the base is from a 2 dollar shop and the plants are plastic fish tank plants and model railway shrubs and sand are from woodland scenics. Once everything dried the figure and base were painted using Vallejo and GW paints.

RECIPE

Scout Trooper - Is from the Vintage Saga Collection

Ron

« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 08:10 PM by hemble »

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Hemble's Customs- Updated 10/10/06 Scout Trooper
« Reply #314 on: March 9, 2007, 09:02 PM »
Hi All

Well I'm leave again and finally got my posting for the next 3 years so I'm using the wifes laptop to download the pics and as soon as I get a house and the wife and daughter move up with me I'll be posting more custom which should be in the next 6 weeks.

OBI WAN KENOBI IN CLONE ARMOUR V.2

RECIPE
Body - Clone trooper
Head - Obi Wan
Robes - left over material
He was painted and drybrushed using Reaper and GW paints

« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 08:12 PM by hemble »