Author Topic: A happy story  (Read 1336 times)

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
A happy story
« on: September 10, 2005, 07:40 AM »
So i put some of my starwars stuff in the local paper to sell off.
I got a call from a gent to come pick up my ep1 trade tank for his son.
Well he finally comes over with his son and i was surprised to see his boy was about 6 , but for a little kid he knew his starwars.
Anyway we got to talking about stuff and what the little guy collected.
Well to cut a long story short for the price of the tank , he got that , the deluxe cpo/battle droid set and about 20 micro machine sets.
I just let him take what he wanted.
It was awesome to see this little kids face light up when he saw my collection.
He was picking out character names and was just in heaven.
I have to admit i felt good about it too, here was this little kid let loose, the dad even offered me more money but i declined and I just laughed with him as his boy was giddy with excitement.
It's good to see  the torch carried buy the younger generation.
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: A happy story
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2005, 09:02 AM »
Awesome story! Thanks for sharing. I know that today when I got the JTA from a friend, my 11 year old was with me, and my son did not know what I was getting so he opened up the bag and saw it and said "Cool!!!! Look the 501st Dad!!!! Tonight we played Jedi Temple assult using the figures and a different Anakin. My son was pretty savy when I asked why we would even want the clone pilot and he said something like "besides being pilots, the clone pilot Dad is trained in handling and slicing computers. So the pilot is there to help hack into Jedi Temple systems."  I need to ask him today how he put that together, but last night when we played, that is what he had the pilot do, help Anakin slice into computer systems that Anakin/Vader did not have time to get into. That is why I got into collecting, that is why I open (store em in the box though!), that is the prime reason I still collect, is to have those times of sharing with my son!
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2005, 11:58 AM »
Great stories.  Our son has gotten into SW over the past few months.  He just turned four and its amazing how much he knows.  He really grasps the concept of the Anakin in Ep I & II being Vader (and Luke & Leia's "Daddy").  He also "gets" that Vader turns back into Anakin and becomes "a good guy" in ROTJ.  Now everything in our house that is longer than 6" now qualifies as a lightsaber ;D
« Last Edit: September 11, 2005, 10:26 PM by tamidala »
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2005, 08:59 PM »
I love hearing stuff like this, especially when the adults are generous to the kids, the way it should be. ;D
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2005, 10:41 PM »
Last weekwas my nephew's 4th birthday and I listened on the phone while he opened his present from me.  It was a Darth Vader backpack full of Jedi Hero figures, Luke, Yoda, Anakin and Darth Vader (His favorite character!), In the front pouch of the backpack was one of the Disney Star Wars Weekend Vader Mickey Mouse figures.  Not only was it great to hear him get all excited about his new Star Wars toys over the phone, my brother just got a new camera phone, so he sent me a couple of pictures of him with his new collection of Star Wars figures (both in the packages and then out lined up on a small table where he was playing with them!)

The little guy would go ape**** in my house!  ;D
This is the way.

I have spoken.