Author Topic: TRU Exclusive Clones!  (Read 16133 times)

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
Re: TRU Exclusive Clones!
« Reply #60 on: September 5, 2005, 01:47 AM »
From another Pawlus Q&A:

Also, did some digging on the rumored Toys "R" Us Clone 3-packs. Not happening and seemingly never were happening. But as at least one set of Clones is coming as an exclusive, could more be developed after the fan reaction toward these other sets was pretty positive? Heck if I know. I'm not on Hasbro's payroll.

(underlines added)
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 5, 2005, 06:08 PM »
This is what I think: When I asked Hasbro about Commander Cody at the CC- you could see them practically drooling and frothing at the mouth when they replied ..and I quote "Cody!...Yeah, we really like Cody...we have some great plans for him" :(

Don't want to be too negative here but more..what I call 'Hasbro-realistic' when I say Hasbro's gonna hurt many a buyer with this. They know we want the figure bad, so, first off they'll produce him in some deluxe/battle pack or exclusive so we desperately HAVE to buy it. Then they'll shaft us later in the year and release him as a single carded figure >:(

........'I have forseen this'

(I couldn't beleive Hasbro fieled no fewer then 10 questions :o about other products until I asked about  a commander Cody fig.-to which they suckidly gave no REAL reply we can use as collectors)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #62 on: September 5, 2005, 11:40 PM »
Yeah, I was kind of thinking this, too.  I foresee many Cody's.

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 8, 2005, 12:32 AM »
Suppose we'll wait a year or two to get the Cody we really want; a SA Cody.  I'll buy one but then wait for SA Cody.  Sure hope I am wrong on this.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 10, 2005, 12:22 PM »
Suppose we'll wait a year or two to get the Cody we really want; a SA Cody.  I'll buy one but then wait for SA Cody.  Sure hope I am wrong on this.

There's a strong rumor that we're getting Cody in the '06 line, so have faith. ;)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 10, 2005, 05:17 PM »
C'mon Anton, It's no rumor- Hasbro came right out and SAID Cody WILL be out in '06-to my CODY question at the CC.

But, you know they didn't say HOW he will be issued. This tells me that 1. Hasbro def. knows how bad we want it :(
                     2. So they'll first make it something expensive-
                         like an exclusive or BP or deluxe, ect
                         to get more money out of us >:(
                     3. Then, they'll release him single-carded
                         of-course Hasbroesque style to take more
                         cash from us later in the year >:( 

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 11, 2005, 01:30 PM »
Or... they may just release a nice SA version in the Battle for Courescant (or however the heck ya spell it) wave. I guess we'll see.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Tijuanajedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ay Chichona!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 14, 2005, 08:33 PM »
Its about time they release cody, but a cool battle pack with his troops or a shock trooper, 501st & Kashikk clone would be really cool.