Author Topic: TSR #5 - The Mysteries of Trideeno  (Read 2832 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
TSR #5 - The Mysteries of Trideeno
« on: September 11, 2005, 01:42 AM »

After the explosion, Leia, Lando, Chewie, and Han emerge from their rooms. They gather around Luke's door, but are unable to open it. Robilus and Sivart also make their way to Luke's door.
LEIA: It’s locked!
ROBILUS: By the Force! What happened?
HAN: I’m not sure. I heard an explosion come from inside.
LANDO: And I was getting some well deserved sleep too…
ROBILUS: Sivart, get a key!
Sivart searches his pockets for a key. After several seconds of frantic searching, he finds one and successfully opens the door. Inside Luke’s room, furniture is scattered, walls are burned black, and the window is almost completely blown out. Small flames burn in areas, and the room is covered in black smoke, which gradually flies out the open areas. With the smoke and no lights, it is extremely hard to see. They find Luke knocked out in the kitchen, far away from the bomb.

LEIA: Luke, Luke!
Chewie checks Luke's pulse.
CHEWIE: Rawww!
HAN: Chewie says he’s alright, just unconscious.
LANDO: Let’s get him out of this room. Mine’s across the hall, we can take him there.
The group carries Luke into Lando’s room. Lando pulls out a small cot and Chewie places Luke on top of it. Luke regains consciousness and starts coughing.

LUKE: *cough* My head. What happened?
ROBILUS: There was an explosion in your room. It appears as if your bed was rigged with a bomb. How it got there, I don't know. Sivart, round up all of the droids and chambermaids for questioning. Luke, do you recall what happened?
LUKE: I was getting a drink of blue milk when I was pushed toward the counter by a giant gush of wind that came from the bedroom. That must have been the explosion. I must have hit my head on the cabinet. I feel like I’ve been struck by Force Lightning.

ROBILUS: At least you’re alright. Unfortunately there are no other rooms available on this level. We’ll have to get you a new room downstairs.
HAN: No, don’t do that. I owe Luke a favor from a while back. I’ll give up my room for him.
ROBILUS: Oh? Ah… well… uh… how very… kind of you, Captain Solo. Please follow me, I’ll show you to your new room.
LANDO: Chewie, let’s help Luke into Han’s room.
CHEWIE: Rerrr! Raaa wooorrrr!

Lando and Chewie help Luke out as Leia kisses Han.
LEIA: Be careful, Han. I sense a disturbance in the Force.
HAN: You Jedi are always sensing something. I’m just staying for the rest of the night, I’ll be fine. Besides, what could happen?

Han and Leia kiss again then split up. Han follows Dralco downstairs to his new room.
ROBILUS: Here it is, Captain. Enjoy.

After Han walks in, the door closes and clicks. Robilus hears a large thump and turns toward the door. He goes to the door and is about to knock, but decides not to. He walks back to his room.

Outside of Hoth, where the Remnant fleet is scheduled to meet, Baron Samedi gazes outside the bridge of the Star Destroyer Imperius, Baron Samedi is staring out the view window. His sightseeing is broken up by Admiral Margalit.

MARGALIT: Sir, we have an incoming transmission from Trideeno.
SAMEDI: Excellent. It must be our mole.

Samedi and Margalit walk to the middle of the bridge where a hologram of Trideeno President Stomah Talos appears.
SAMEDI: President Talos. It is a pleasure to speak with you. Is Skywalker dead?
TALOS: Unfortunately not. The microphones I placed in the rooms revealed that Skywalker wasn’t near the bed when it exploded. He was only knocked out for a short time. Should I plant a bomb inside the capitol for the tour tomorrow?
SAMEDI: No, no more assassination attempts. Lord Sinis foresaw his survival and wants him alive. Unfortunately his plan to capture Skywalker failed, and we have Captain Solo instead. We’ll have to get Skywalker and Organa tomorrow, when they’re together. Admiral, inform the fleet to prepare for the Trideeno invasion in exactly six hours. It will be morning on Trideeno then. President Talos, this plan requires you to lead the Republic leaders to a specific spot on the planet.
TALOS: I mentioned the capitol tour. It is hard to escape the rotunda if it is completely blocked off.
SAMEDI: Then we shall begin the invasion there. This had better work, Talos. We’ll only have one chance at this.

The hologram disappears and Samedi turns to Margalit.
SAMEDI: Commander Quaas?
Quaas runs up from the controls.
QUAAS: Yes, Baron Samedi?
SAMEDI: I want you to deal with the leaders we’ve already captured. Keep them under your supervision at all times. I shall send you a shuttle to bring them back here after Admiral Margalit and I capture the Jedi.
QUAAS: Nothing will break through my defenses, Baron Samedi! I will not fail you!
SAMEDI: You had better not. That goes double for you, Admiral.
MARGALIT: You’re making a mistake. Quaas has no experience with ground tactics. His strong point is naval battles. Please, let me keep guard over the prisoners!
SAMEDI: Quaas has shown great improvements. I have faith in his abilities. Do you dare to challenge my authority, Admiral?
MARGALIT: No, Baron.

Samedi walks off as Margalit shakes his head. Margalit looks at Quaas.
MARGALIT: You’ll find some way to screw up. Please, for the love of the Emperor, prove me wrong.
QUAAS: I will! You will be amazed by my abilities. Good luck in battle, Margalit.
Margalit walks off as Quaas gives him goofy smirk.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2005, 02:02 AM by Diddly »
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: TSR #5 - The Mysteries of Trideeno
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2005, 01:59 PM »
Another fun installment! I wonder if Quaas's invasion will consist of about 10,000 artillery peices?
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2005, 01:10 AM »
Sorry I haven't had time for more detailed comments and analysis yet, but I've read both the recent chapters and I'm still enjoying the hell out of this wonderful series!!!

Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2005, 10:38 AM »
Another good installment.  Not as ambitious as some of the earlier ones, but that's ok - sometimes you need a chapter such as this.

The only thing I didn't like is why Han would choose to stay in the room alone.  You would think that after something like the explosion happened, the entire group would be much more cautious... at least Chewbacca would have stayed with him I would think.

But, I'm loving the Star Destroyer scenes.  I can't wait to see what happens next!

:P

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2005, 02:03 PM »
Okay, a few quick thoughts:

Definitely agree with Chewie about Han staying in the room. Frankly, everyone's reaction is way too restrained for what was obviously an assassination attack.  They should really have reacted more seriously, have taken greater precautions, have asked more questions....I also find it hard to believe that there aren't dozens of empty rooms in Dralco's massive mansion/palace.  I understand why you made your choices, for the sake of expediency, but it stretches plausibility just a bit.

Now, here's what I never want to see in another one of your scenes:  A big empty space like that hallway in the palace.

Granted, I have no idea how many Lego sets you own or what kind they are.  Granted, Legos are very expensive, so I'm not trying to advocate that you rush out and blow your money on buying new things.

However, they're LEGOS, man!  I want to see some furniture!  I want you to "dress your sets" more completely.  I want to see plants or chairs or statues or art or something....There are countless Lego sets in existence from all across the universe - from "Star Wars" to "Anytown USA", from "Harry Potter" to Pirates to whatever....and if you don't have stuff, just build your own from spare parts.  The hallway looked very sparse, even for a hallway. 

With my own photnovels, I have often struggled to find enough "stuff" (props and set dressing) to use.  SW hardly makes any large accessories or furniture.  I have a few cruddy doll house pieces (expensive), a few Playmobil pieces (expensive, too) and the usual stuff like the outlander furniture, jedi council chairs, etc. 

But legos are small and they're building blocks!  So throw some more stuff in that big empty room.

The Star Destroyer, by contrast, looks really great and you've clearly done a terrific job in creating that environment.  So try to flesh out the other areas, too. 

Anyway, keep up the great work, I eagerly await the next installment!
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2005, 04:15 PM »
Oh dangit! They took Han!

Looking forward to the next chapter, and I agree...furnature. Now.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2005, 12:02 AM »
Thanks for reading, guys!

I'm just going to be honest. This chapter is mainly filler, just to wrap up the loose ends of part 4 and to set up part 6 (where the action picks up again...). For this reason, I kind of put less effort into it. Heck, I shot and posted everything in under an hour!

I wanted to add furniture, but with the combination of spare bricks I have, the "furniture" would come out a bit overscaled. And multicolored. It would have looked a bit odd, IMO.

I also agree now about the cautious thing. But we'll just say that Dralco tightens security. ;D

I'm going to try and go all out for part 6, it's probably the biggest chapter in TSR. Optimism says that it will be up by mid-October, but we could be looking at a November release at the latest. It all depends on school and/or my laziness.

But thanks again for reading! I'm glad you all are enjoying it.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2005, 12:08 AM »
Shot and posted everything in under an hour?  Damn!  I usaully have to spend about an hour (or more) just on every individual pic in my stories.   :(

Looking forward to seeing what you do with Chapter 6.

:P

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2005, 12:10 AM »
Yeah, I mean the sets were pretty much the same as they were in part 4, and everything was already set up. I understand about time restraints though, it took me several weeks to finish Meeting Robilus Dralco.

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2006, 12:24 PM »
 ;DNice installment
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!