Author Topic: Indiana Jones 4 - The Movie  (Read 83713 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: "George Lucas to direct Indy IV"
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2006, 01:57 PM »
If they make it, I'll watch...  and most likely get sucked into whatever Toy Line goes along with it.   ::)

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline DualSaberMaster

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Oh great, it's Fett"
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2006, 02:17 PM »
Like most, love the Indy Trilogy, and I think they ended it pretty well with  "The Last Crusade".  If Spielburg/Lucas/Ford think they might have something great, than go for it, but I get the feeling it's just another way for each of them to prove themselves they still got something left.

Also, Harrison Ford said recently in a interview (don't know exactly where) that he is absolutely sick and tired of answering "So, when are you doing Indy 4?" questions, and just wants to get the whole damn thing over with.
-Ricardo

"I'm like a bad penny, I always turn up"
"#1 Hater of PT Haters, OT+PT = SW Forever."

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2006, 02:29 PM »
Just for reference, Ford turns 64 on July 13.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2006, 02:49 PM »
I read this article/interview with Lucas that was from TIME (posted yesterday the way it looks), and its kind of interesting to read.  He talks a bit about Indy IV in there as well, and sounds like he's done his writing portion of it and that will be that.  Of course, you never know exactly what that means, but its a pretty decent interview overall if you are interested.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2006, 05:20 PM »
Just for reference, Ford turns 64 on July 13.

And he will be older (in Indy 4) than Connery was in Last Crusade...

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2006, 05:57 PM »
**** it - I hope they go for it and make it huge.  And I hope Connery comes back and there are Nazis (although a 63 year old Indy would make more sense in the 60's with some Soviets to fight...) and monsters and lions and tigers and bears. 

And I'll be there on opening night.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2006, 08:35 PM »
I hope he's drug by something.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2006, 09:35 PM »
I think you have the roles reversed - George should direct and not write.

The prequel directing wasn't bad, it was the dialogue (or the story if you're talking about TPM).   8)

I would agree that the directing was better than the writing.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2006, 10:58 PM »
I'll be waiting for it...Loved the first 3 and I hope for the best.

P.S. I hope this isn't another TPM. I don't think I could handle that.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2006, 02:00 PM »
There does seem to be a spike in the Indy 4 chatter lately.  We'll see if they actually get to work on it.  For me it's like listening to the Cub's say that Mark Prior and Kerry Wood are going to pitch soon.  I will believe it when I see those 2 pitching in a MLB game.  I will believe Indy 4 is going to be released when I see it on the big screen.

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
Re: Indiana Jones IV movie on hold.
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2006, 02:57 PM »
Yeah, after the prequels I dont know if I trust GLs judgement anymore...

I couldn't have said it better myself. Everything has gone to his head. I'd rather forget the whole idea than have one more with Lucas at the lens...

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2006, 03:28 PM »
Uh. . .  Lucas didn't direct any of the other Indy flicks, and he won't be directing this one, either, should it come to fruition.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Indiana Jones 4
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2006, 05:38 PM »
I read this article/interview with Lucas that was from TIME (posted yesterday the way it looks), and its kind of interesting to read.  He talks a bit about Indy IV in there as well, and sounds like he's done his writing portion of it and that will be that.  Of course, you never know exactly what that means, but its a pretty decent interview overall if you are interested.

Thanks for the link, Brian.  Just in case that article disappears at some point in the future, here's the part of it that's pertinent to Indy 4:

R.C. If you’re retired, I guess you’ll be less involved with an Indiana Jones 4 than you were in the first three?

G.L. Well, I’ve been working on Indy 4 for ten years. So I’ve been more involved, so no matter how you count it on this one I’ll be more involved than I’ll have ever been on the other three put together. It’s taken forever to get a script of it. That’s my part of it.

R.C. Isn’t Harrison Ford now older than Sean Connery was when he played his father in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade?

G.L. Uhh, yeah. But the thing is designed for that. And I think it’s funny, it’s exciting. You know the problem there, which is not a problem, is that we don’t have to make that movie. All we can do is hurt ourselves, all it’s going to do is get criticized. I mean it’s basically Phantom Menace we’re making. No matter how you do it, no matter what you do, it won’t be what the other ones were in terms of the impact or the way people remember them.

R.C. But there’s also no need to complete the holes in the epic.

G.L. We don’t have anything like that. We just had a great time making those movies. And if we can have a great time doing this one and we can enjoy ourselves, and make something that’s entertaining to us, no matter what the world thinks, let’s just do it.

R.C. But you also have to decide on the format, right?

G.L. In terms of what?

R.C.Do you say, "Dammit, Steven, do it in digital," and he says, "Dammit, George, I’m doing it on film"?

G.L. Pretty much.

R.C.Who wins?

G.L. He’ll win. He’s the director. The great thing about working with Steven is that we don’t have agendas. We want to make the best movie possible, I want him to be happy. If he he wants to shoot it on film and cut it on a Movieola... Hey, he’s got a great editor. Michael Kahn can cut faster on a Movieola than anybody can cut on an Avid. And I don’t really care. But I do tell him, 'This is your chance to play with this and experiment with it and blame it all on me'—say, ‘He made me do it.’ And then you can go back to film if you want. But he has relented after all these years to maybe cutting it digitally. We’ll see what happens.

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2006, 09:48 AM »
Uh. . .  Lucas didn't direct any of the other Indy flicks, and he won't be directing this one, either, should it come to fruition.

Ummm, I know that. I was saying that I don't want another Indy flick IF Lucas is behind the lens....

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2006, 01:49 AM »
Ummm, I know that. I was saying that I don't want another Indy flick IF Lucas is behind the lens....

But, uh. . .  he's not gonna be directing the next one, so your point is, uhh. . .  moot.