Author Topic: Indiana Jones 4 - The Movie  (Read 84072 times)

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Indiana Jones 4
« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2006, 03:17 PM »
Something more along the lines of the middle 30 minutes of National Treasure then, eh?  ;)

What about when they both drank from the Holy Grail in Last Crusade? Anyone think that'll be used to explain some age thing?

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2006, 03:22 PM »
To pull off Indy 4 I think (and hope) the directors take into account Harrison's age and give him faults (strengths, weekness) based on his age.  It would make him a much more human character IMO and would allow for those humorous scenes we are used to in the original films.  My understanding is that the film will stay loyal to the originals but with a little less action due to his age which is the way it should be.  Now if Sean Connery returns I dont know how that will be pulled off unless he just has a brief cameo, etc.

As far as the toys go?  I would be content with maybe 6 figures from each film which is all that is necessary.  Maybe something like this:

Raider of the Lost Ark

Indiana Jones
Marion Ravenwood
Belloq
Toht
Sallah
Brody

Temple of Doom

Indiana Jones
Willhemina Scott
Short Round
Mola Ram

Last Crusade

Indiana Jones
Henry Jones
Marcus Brody
Elsa Schneider
Sala
Young Indy
Walter Donavan

Of course most of these figures would peg warm due to their sheer boringness.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #62 on: June 23, 2006, 04:01 PM »
Nothing says "this line's gonna tank at retail" quite like two different Denholm Elliott figures.

Where's the Nazi bad guys (redundancy)?  And the Thuggee Guards?  Gotta have some more generic bad guys in there.  And I'd drop Brody from Raiders and put him in the Crusade wave only--he had a bigger role, and the costumes were very similar.  And I'd drop Sallah from Crusade.  And I'd drop Donovan from Crusade, too.  Just too many boring old white guys, all around.

But all of that's moot, because there's never gonna be a new Indiana Jones line, anyway.  It just doesn't have the marketing "Force" that Star Wars has. 

But I was thinking more about that "uber Indy" figure that I mentioned earlier.  This is what I'd like to see:

14-points of articulation
Removable hat
Whip
Removable satchel
Revolver
Working holster
Some kind of removable jacket

And some of the accessories could include:

Fertility idol
Ra headpiece
Ark of the Covenant
Sankara Stones
Cross of Coronado
Holy Grail

I'd pay twenty bucks for something like that, and you guys probably would, too.

But that's all moot, too, 'cause that's never gonna happen, either.

I would like to know, though, who owns the Indy toy license.  I have no idea anymore.  Those crap-ass Disney figures from a few years ago just muddled the whole thing up even more. 
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 23, 2006, 04:03 PM »

Last Crusade

Indiana Jones
Henry Jones
Marcus Brody
Elsa Schneider
Sala
Young Indy
Walter Donavan

Of course most of these figures would peg warm due to their sheer boringness.

No Knight?

:o
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 24, 2006, 12:07 AM »
If they do a toy line it will just be all Indy figures and little else I believe.  You know....Indy with whip action, Indy with punching action, Indy with kicking action, Indy in German outfit kicking action, Indy Deluxe with whip, hat, idol, pistol and horse.  It will all be kiddie looking like those E.T. figure a few years back. 

We all want a line of Indy figures as mentioned but I doubt the public would get that. 

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 28, 2006, 11:57 AM »
It will all be kiddie looking like those E.T. figure a few years back.

How TRU managed to rid themselves of that inventory is bewildering...

« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 01:34 PM by ruiner »

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 28, 2006, 11:59 AM »
It will all be kiddie looking like those E.T. figure a few years back.

How TRU managed to rid themselves of that invetory is bewildering...

Maybe there is an ET santuary somewhere and they got buried with all those Atari 2600 cartridges.

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 28, 2006, 01:07 PM »
I would love a line of Indy figures.  One of my cats is named Brody after Denholm Elliot's character.

My fiancee is on notice that no matter what breed we get, our first dog will be named Indiana, since that was the dog's name.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #68 on: June 28, 2006, 10:29 PM »
I'm surprised at how skeptical people are about Indy 4.  If you follow the films that Spielberg has been making (the action films AND the dramas) the guy is still a director of great skill and heart.  He's put Lucas off  over and over in search of the right script.  If he's going to make it now, it must be a good concept.

Also, the theme of the whole thing will be age and how it affects us.  Lucas is an odd bird, and his movies don't always click, but Spielberg is a true genius, and I think he'll deliver.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 1, 2006, 03:26 PM »
I wonder when we're gonna here the plot or title atleast.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 1, 2006, 03:55 PM »
I'm surprised at how skeptical people are about Indy 4.  If you follow the films that Spielberg has been making (the action films AND the dramas) the guy is still a director of great skill and heart.  He's put Lucas off  over and over in search of the right script.  If he's going to make it now, it must be a good concept.

Also, the theme of the whole thing will be age and how it affects us.  Lucas is an odd bird, and his movies don't always click, but Spielberg is a true genius, and I think he'll deliver.

Good post.   :)

:)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #71 on: July 1, 2006, 05:02 PM »

Thing is, though--all three of those guys are but shadows of their late seventies and early eighties selves.  Especially Lucas and Ford, but even the quality of Spielberg's stuff has fallen off quite a bit.

I'd rather this movie not come out in the first place.  Crusade wrapped things up perfectly, with the "ride off into the sunset" ending.  Now, Denholm Elliott's dead, and it seems unlikely that Sean Connery would be returning.  If it does happen, I hope it turns out well, but I can't say I'm very optimistic about it.  It seems like nothing more than a last-chance cash-grab.

:)
« Last Edit: July 1, 2006, 05:04 PM by Matthew »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline john todd

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm the llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 1, 2006, 07:04 PM »
i think spielberg still has some skills.  if he wasn't onboard i would agree that this movie would be a total joke and ruin the reputation of the series.  my actual truest preference would be for the indiana jones movies to be more like the bond films where we get one every 3 years and when an actor gets too old they replace him.  isn't it time tom selleck gets his chance with the hat and whip?
« Last Edit: July 1, 2006, 07:04 PM by john todd »

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 3, 2006, 01:58 AM »

What about when they both drank from the Holy Grail in Last Crusade? Anyone think that'll be used to explain some age thing?
Well,it explains that they don't have to sneak around anymore! ;) That would be cool,Indy sort of caring less about being shot & kicking even more butt than he usually does,just a mad shoot out.*drools...*
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #74 on: July 3, 2006, 03:02 AM »

No.

The Grail only worked in the temple, and couldn't be taken past the seal.  That's why the knight had been living in the temple for hundreds of years, guarding the cup, and when the other knights left the temple, they died shortly thereafter.

my actual truest preference would be for the indiana jones movies to be more like the bond films where we get one every 3 years and when an actor gets too old they replace him.

That's one of the main reasons the James Bond films suck, in my opinion.