Author Topic: Indiana Jones 4 - The Movie  (Read 83708 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Indiana Jones IV movie on hold.
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2004, 04:20 PM »
Meh, I'm not really all that excited about Indy IV, I thought they ended Last Crusade perfectly and there was no need for IV,

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2004, 04:48 PM »
Meh, I'm not really all that excited about Indy IV, I thought they ended Last Crusade perfectly and there was no need for IV,

That's how I felt about Return of the Jedi...
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2004, 08:56 PM »
I, too, hope that Indy 4 is on hold--permanently.

No need for more adventures, and a sixty-five year old Ford running around, trying to pull off the same stuff he did in his thirties, would be more goofy than anything.

Just because they're all who they are,  just because they can make it--doesn't mean they should.

You can have too much of a good thing.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2004, 09:00 PM by Billy Corgan »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: "George Lucas to direct Indy IV"
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2004, 01:30 AM »
Soooo...what's the latest on Indy IV.  I had heard some pretty strong rumors a few weeks ago that it was all but dead.  Didn't know if that was because they hadn't agreed on a script and it got blown out of proportion or because it truly is dead ;D

Anyone ever given thought to the idea of Harrison Ford as Indy being replaceable in a Bondesque type of role?  I don't really want that either but I think some people wouldn't mind the franchise living on in some form

Durge

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2004, 01:41 AM »
I don't think it's necessary for them to make this film. I don't care if it never gets done. I liked how they ended it with LC.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2004, 09:45 AM »
Anyone ever given thought to the idea of Harrison Ford as Indy being replaceable in a Bondesque type of role?  I don't really want that either but I think some people wouldn't mind the franchise living on in some form

ehhh, i don't know about that. i'm a fan of the bond films, and don't really mind the change from actor to actor for the most part, but i think indy is indy and you can't really change him.

now, if they figured out a good actor to play a younger indiana jones, kinda like the tv series back in the day, that might be a good idea. or hey, with all this technology available, why not just make a cg indiana in harrison's likeness, but around the same age as he was back in raiders? no stuntmen, no injuries. and most likely, no good.  :P

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2004, 11:37 AM »
Hmmm....

Lots of reports coming in that this thing is indefinately on hold due to some differences in the script again.

http://www.washtimes.com/entertainment/20040718-091122-2262r.htm

http://www.suntimes.com/output/movies/cst-ftr-indy19.html

Sounds like everybody involved liked the Indy 4 script except Georgie, who after thinking on it, decided that he wants a better/faster/action-filled ending...  Maybe Indy 4 needs a Pod Car Race?   ::)

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

SilverZ

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2004, 08:07 PM »
On a related note I just saw on the news that Pat Roach died on the 17th. He was the Nazi muscleman Indy brawled with in Raiders and the Thugee guard Indy fights on the conveyor belt in Doom.

Variety article

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2005, 01:05 PM »
I'm torn on this one, I love Indy, really love him, revisiting the franchise after 16 years could be hit or miss

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 1, 2005, 11:23 AM »
I read in Time magazine that this is still supposed to happen.  Lucas says they are having a hell of a time with the script.  I can believe it if he wrote it.  He says in there that they were not going to do another Indy movie.  But then he came up with this "idea" and everyone loved it. 

The soap opera continues on this movie.  Personally, I think someone does not want it made that badly or it would get done.  It must not be that great of an idea afterall.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2006, 12:43 PM »
Ford eager to start new Indiana Jones film

Wed Mar 15, 5:53 AM ET

BERLIN (Reuters) -
Harrison Ford is ready to jump back into his favorite film role and begin shooting the fourth Indiana Jones movie soon, a German magazine quoted the Hollywood actor as saying on Wednesday.

Steven Spielberg and I now have a script in hand that we both like. I believe that we can start with the filming soon," Ford was quoted as saying in an interview with German lifestyle and entertainment magazine Fit for Fun.

The third and last Indy film, 1989 hit "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade," starred Ford as the whip-swinging archaeologist and
Sean Connery as his bumbling father.

Ford, 63, was quoted as saying that he needed "to do a little practicing with the whip" to avoid injuries.

As much as I love the character, and everyone involved--I still maintain that the only good that will come out of Indy 4 is a possible renewed interest in the toy license.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Victor_Von_Doom

• Jedi Initiate
  • Curse Richards
    • View Profile
    • Wampa's Cave
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2006, 12:54 PM »
As much as I love Indiana Jones and Harrison Ford, 63 year old action star is an oxymoron.
WTB Autographs and loose vintage, PM me!
"The Dude abides" - The Big Lebowski

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2006, 01:40 PM »
I wouldn't mind if Indy was now the professor/father and the movie is about his son. The big dark clouds of doubt for me circle around GL directing. I don't mind him writing the script but please don't let him direct this. If he gets to direct it then it will be like the prequels and this movie will be meh. He has a knack for OKing bad/cheesy acting..you know acting that looks like acting? ::)

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2006, 01:52 PM »
I think you have the roles reversed - George should direct and not write.

The prequel directing wasn't bad, it was the dialogue (or the story if you're talking about TPM).   8)