Author Topic: NFL 2005-06  (Read 55255 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: NFL 2005-06 (Now with Playoffs!)
« Reply #210 on: January 16, 2006, 02:23 AM »
When did you get an iPod?

Yeah, I don't think I've mentioned it anywhere, but I finally joined the ranks of the iPod Generation not too long ago.  It's neat.

---

And the much-awaited Manning vs. Manning match-up is, believe it or not, still on for Super Bowl Sunday.  They've already got a big game of touch scheduled during the halftime show at Archie's house.  I'm going with Eli.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 16, 2006, 11:37 AM »
Jesse.  I'd like to announce that from here on out I'll be on the Steeler's bandwagon.  Now that Dungy's out, I'd like to see Cowher get over the AFCC hump and get himself a ring - same for Bettis.

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 16, 2006, 11:58 AM »
Had Harper cut to the sideline, he takes it to the house.  Colts had their opportunities and did not cash them in but IMO they were lucky to be even have that opportunity at the end since the refs blew that call on the Polamalu pick.  Steelers just played a better game but I thought it was kind of an ugly game all around.  I don't bandwagon, I always have my reasons for rooting for the teams I root for, and I'm pulling for Bettis to get his ring just like I did with Bourque and Andreychuk.  You hate to see any great retire without a ring.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 16, 2006, 12:15 PM »
All good things come to an end.  You can't turn the ball over five times and expect to win against anybody, let alone a quality playoff team.   Denver played better and deserved to go on.   But I have faith that the Pats will regroup in the off season and will be competing again next year.

I'll admit, I thought that the Steelers had no shot (but would keep it close), but damn.  That was one excellent game play they came up with.  I thought Porter was an idiot for running his mouth, but he actually backed it up.  Kudos to them.  As for the Colts, something needs to change.  They have all the talent in the world and just can't get it done.  I guess the first change is a new kicker.  Oh and speaking of Vanderjaqt, lose the one earring, it's so early 90s.  Pierce the other one or go with none at all.  You look like an idiot.

I'll agree with those who talked of horrible officiating this weekend.  Some of the calls were beyond bad.  Phantom PI on the Pats, PI on the Colts that wasn't called, an overturn of a clear interception, the list goes on.  I hope something is done about it for next year.  

Common sense isn't so common

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 16, 2006, 03:18 PM »
Yeah, so much for the best officials getting the playoff jobs.  Man it's been bad all over the league.

As for the Colts, they have some talent on D, but they need more vicious guys that scare people.  They also need secondary help.  Maybe some changes have to be made on the O-line cause they looked just as bad Sunday as they did against San Diego.  Damn shame to see them lose.  I thought this was their year.    :(

Offline Andy_R

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 16, 2006, 04:27 PM »
There is no bandwagon for me; born and raised in Seattle, I have been a Seahawks fan all my life. 
There is nothing I would like to see more than a Championship for this city. 
It gives me chills just thinking about it!   

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #216 on: January 16, 2006, 07:03 PM »
The NFL officially rescinded (not that it matters) that Interception call the refs said was an incompletion instead.  So that's at least vindication and Porter won't get fined for saying what he did in the locker room about the reffing of that game.

I'm not a fan of complaining about officiating, but the weekend was bad overall.  In the Steelers Colts game there was a pass interference call against I think Randle El that wasn't called but was right in front of an official, and he was staring at them plainly in the replay, and just opted not to call it...  Clear as day that he just made a decision to skip that.  There were facemasks on both teams (it seemed) that weren't called.  And of course there's the "let's make up our own rules" call on Pollamallu for his interception.  Just total bull****...  Oh and then there's the "false start, no wait, offsides...  no, wait, nothing, nevermind" call too...  The announcers said it was Fannaca, I think it was offsides though and Fannaca didn't move enough for a call against him...  I dunno.  What a mess.

I'm glad to hear more Steelers fans are emerging.  :)  Nice...

Anyway, here's something I thought was sad during the Colts game...  They were trying a "Terrible Towel" thing to support their team...  I mean, granted the Steelers don't have a patent on waving a towel but it seems lame to me to copy something that was started long ago here and wasn't done by other teams till just recently.  Just a little aside I had.

Oh, and POrter can talk allt he **** he wants if he's gonna produce. :)  He's a good player, and our only one that actually trash talks.  I don't know why, it fires him up I guess, but it's not a Steelers thing generally...  The organization generally stays quiet but Porter likes the trash talk, so more power to him I guess.  A lot don't care for that I know, but he doesn't seem to pull others into it...  And he did back it up.  Lots of hard sacks by Porter in that game.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 16, 2006, 10:27 PM »
There is no bandwagon for me; born and raised in Seattle, I have been a Seahawks fan all my life. 

Finally, someone else at this site with some brains  :D

I wasn't born and/or raised in Seattle, but I've been a fan since around '83 or so. I've been waiting a long time (a long, long time) for a playoff win... over 20 years as a matter of fact. I just hope we can take Carolina out. Won't be easy, but I think we can do it.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 16, 2006, 11:19 PM »
I work with a guy that is a huge Seahawks fan as well.  He's been giving me the long time line as well.  He has really ****** luck.  Don't hold your breath :-X :P
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #219 on: January 17, 2006, 12:49 AM »
Well, for my two cents I am going to back up what I said yesterday and predict Super Bowl XL will be Carolina vs Pittsburgh with the Steelers winning the whole thing. 

They have it all, great D, great QB, great Running Game and a Great Coach.  They got bit by the injury bug and are finally healthy. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #220 on: January 17, 2006, 01:07 AM »
We got one more week to get through...  The fans are confident in a win, but reserved, so nobody's getting too cocky...  neither will I, but I'm supporting the team I have since I was a baby.  When your old man worked in a mill...   When his old man worked in a mill...  When HIS old man worked in a mill...  And when you've put some time in that same mill...  You support the Steelers!

HERE WE GO STEELERS!  HERE WE GO!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2006, 01:09 AM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt Carroll

• Jedi Initiate
  • Who shot who in the what now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 17, 2006, 10:37 AM »
Need to check in here to make sure the board doesn't tip too much to the Steelers side.  ;)

Go Broncos!

Needless to say, the Broncos are going to have to find a way to run the ball better than they did against the Pats.

It'll be interesting to see how many Steelers fans find their way into Invesco Field on Sunday. I went to the Broncos-Steelers game a couple of years back and had never seen so many vistors fans throughout the stadium at a Broncos game.
Matt Carroll
udflyerman (at) gmail (dot) com
Always looking for rare/unusual Darth Vader items to add to my collection

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 17, 2006, 11:40 AM »
Faneca did flinch.  It was clearly a false start, yet another blown call in a weekend full of them.

Offline Andy_R

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 18, 2006, 10:48 PM »

Finally, someone else at this site with some brains  :D

I wasn't born and/or raised in Seattle, but I've been a fan since around '83 or so. I've been waiting a long time (a long, long time) for a playoff win... over 20 years as a matter of fact. I just hope we can take Carolina out. Won't be easy, but I think we can do it.

Hey jokabofe!  Good to hear from you! 
This city is ready to explode if the Hawks can take home the gold.  Between our 3 sports teams, we have had NOTHING to cheer about for the last 25 years. 
Everyone is ready!  Bring on the Panthers! 

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 20, 2006, 04:52 PM »

Between our 3 sports teams, we have had NOTHING to cheer about for the last 25 years. 
Everyone is ready!  Bring on the Panthers! 

25 years?  Isn't it longer than that or did someone win something since the Sonics won the championship back in the 70s (or was it the 80s?)?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.