Author Topic: NFL 2005-06  (Read 54931 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: NFL Regular Season 2005-06
« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2005, 03:47 PM »
I could be wrong, but I have a good feeling that Simms is going to be just fine - local papers are saying that Cadillac Williams will be back this week as well.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2005, 07:34 PM »
Just thought I would throw this bit of news in here.  :)

Canada fan wins $1m with 50-yard kick

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2005, 08:27 PM »
Just thought I would throw this bit of news in here.  :)

Canada fan wins $1m with 50-yard kick

That would have been fun to watch - he missed from 20, 30 & 40 yards before hitting the 50 yarder.   8)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2005, 10:58 PM »
Hopefully you didn't go with Tampa sfg :(

The worst season in Vikings history just hit a ne wlow today, Daunte is done for the year and maybe even his career  They said all of his ligaments are torn in his knee not to mention possible bone damage. 

Again...I'll cheer for the team until I die, but its so so hard to do this anymore :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #49 on: October 31, 2005, 10:00 AM »
They said all of his ligaments are torn in his knee not to mention possible bone damage. 

It sounds like the outlook this AM is the same according to the local sport-radio show this AM. 

Man!  Not just one torn ligament, but multiple tears AND possible bone damage.   :o

Scary to think he might be done for good - it wasn't even that "Joe Thiesman-y" of a crunch.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2005, 10:01 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2005, 01:15 PM »
I was pissed I missed that fan steal the ball from Favre. I haven't even seen a replay of it yet. Oh well it'll show up online somewhere soon, if it hasn't already. :)
"This is the way."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 31, 2005, 01:36 PM »
Jeez - sorry to hear that Scott.  It was comical up to a point with the sex cruise and all that, but something like this sucks all the fun right out of it.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2005, 05:11 PM »
Not that it's new news, but it's official anyway:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2209391

"Culpepper sustained damage to the three major ligaments in the knee: the anterior cruciate, posterior cruciate, and medial collateral.

Coach Mike Tice said Monday that Culpepper, who was hurt on the final play of the first quarter in Sunday's 38-13 loss at Carolina, will have surgery in the coming weeks once the swelling subsides."

Definitely done for the year and he might never be the same...  :'(
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #53 on: October 31, 2005, 05:14 PM »
Sounds like the record for interceptions thrown is thankfully safe, for yet another year. . .
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #54 on: October 31, 2005, 05:24 PM »
Yeah, that was a nasty hit he took, and you could tell immediately he was likely done for the season.  Bad injury for a quarterback as good a runner as he is.  You're right, he may not ever be the same again.  But if he can't run as well in the future, hopefully that will help him focus on his now horrid passing game...

As for the interception record though, that may still be broken this year if Favre doesn't retire or get benched.  Good God he's horrible right now.  Hate seeing a legend end his career in such poor form - especially one that we've long been big fans of.  (shut up Brent and Scott)

As for my teams, screw them all to hell.  Rams, Raiders, Packers...  Whole buncha suck.   The Colts and Bucs are the only other two teams I marginally root for, so I guess what's left of my waning NFL enthusiasm for this season will be tossed behind those two.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #55 on: October 31, 2005, 06:49 PM »

As for my teams, screw them all to hell. Rams, Raiders, Packers... Whole buncha suck. The Colts and Bucs are the only other two teams I marginally root for, so I guess what's left of my waning NFL enthusiasm for this season will be tossed behind those two.

Raiders always suck.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2005, 06:50 PM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 31, 2005, 09:21 PM »
The slow mo replay of that Culpepper shot to the leg was almost as hard to watch as Joe Thiesman's broken leg play.  The only good part about this is that he won't have to suffer playing through the rest of this lost year.  The whole team lacks heart and hopefully will be blown up and started over next year.  Every coach needs to go at the least. Maybe another staff will be able to get something out of these players.  It will probably be a while before they are decent again, though.  The only solace Viking fans have is that the Packers have it just as bad, but that really isn't much comfort.  I have tickets to next week's game, but I don't know if I want to go.  I will be surprised if they win 2 more games this year.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #57 on: October 31, 2005, 09:28 PM »
Sounds like the record for interceptions thrown is thankfully safe, for yet another year. . .
Beth Farve is still chucking the pigskin isn't he?

I've been a Colts and Broncos guy for a while so I can cheer for them...they are at least decent

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #58 on: November 1, 2005, 02:34 AM »
The Steelers literally were killing me tonight...  A great, close game, and the city more or less was expecting this irregardless of what the world was saying.  Baltimore hates us and us them, and it showed tonight.

I was thrilled with the play up to the half...  The O was on most of the night, and Ben had some trouble but not a lot.  They were running hard though, and really fighting for every inch they got.  The D was sorta lax at the beginning of the 2nd half and that let the Ravens take control of the game a couple times...  The completely botched punt had me mother F'n the screen though and I really thought they were going to lose this one.  The whole team came together at the end though and everyone played top-notch to seal the win, but the Ravens shouldn't have ever been underestimated like they were by the press all week...

All national news I saw was pretty saying the Steelers were going to walk all over them, and I knew that was not even an option.  It turned into a brutal hitting game, but lots of solid playing on both sides.  Fortunately our Offense really was in step short of the time between the first drive and end of the first half...  Ben's knee was hurting and it did throw him off, but he got his **** together and took it to the Ravens in the 3rd and 4th.  Nice! :)  Love MNF.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 2, 2005, 02:45 PM »

"Culpepper sustained damage to the three major ligaments in the knee: the anterior cruciate, posterior cruciate, and medial collateral.

Known in therapy circles as "the terrible triad".  Ouch. I still haven't seen the hit, but now I want to.  Oh, and by the way, there's four major ligaments in the knee, they forgot the lateral collateral ligament.  It doesn't often get damaged, but you don't want to hurt it either. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.