Author Topic: NFL 2005-06  (Read 55028 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: NFL Regular Season 2005-06
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2005, 04:07 PM »
I'm going to claim predictions and name the first 3 teams that will definitely not be in the playoffs this year:

1.  San Francisco - sucked last year, sucked this year, never thought they'd stop sucking.

2.  Houston - BIG disappointment, they do have talent.

3.  Green Bay - Lost 2 of their top 3 WRs, and their best 2 RBs, another big disappointment. 

This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2005, 04:47 PM »
I'm going to predict that the Colts and Steelers make the playoffs.
Common sense isn't so common

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2005, 05:29 PM »
I'm going to claim predictions and name the first 3 teams that will definitely not be in the playoffs this year:

1.  San Francisco - sucked last year, sucked this year, never thought they'd stop sucking.

2.  Houston - BIG disappointment, they do have talent.

3.  Green Bay - Lost 2 of their top 3 WRs, and their best 2 RBs, another big disappointment. 

How far into your crystal ball did you have to reach to pull those ones out Ms. Cleo?

The real question is, which one of those teams gets first prize in the Matt Leinart sweepstakes.  I think Greenbay is going to throw in the towel for the season to specifically to draft Leinart.  Houston and San Fran have already drafted #1 overall QB's in the last few years.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2005, 07:00 PM »

How far into your crystal ball did you have to reach to pull those ones out Ms. Cleo?

Don't make me remind you how the last prediction debate turned out for you when you called me Cleo.  That was one miserable November for you.

The real question is, which one of those teams gets first prize in the Matt Leinart sweepstakes.  I think Greenbay is going to throw in the towel for the season to specifically to draft Leinart.  Houston and San Fran have already drafted #1 overall QB's in the last few years.

I can tell you that the buzz here in NY with the miserable Jets is "Reggie Bush, Reggie Bush, Reggie Bush."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2005, 10:54 PM »
Why would Green Bay want Leinart when they just drafted Rogers last year?   I think Reggie is going to be the #1 pick...

I also don't the Packers are done, the NFC North sucks ass

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2005, 11:38 PM »
23 teams passed on Aaron Rogers for a reason.  Odds are that Matt Leinart is going to be 20 times the QB that Rogers ever will be.  If the Packers really did get the number 1 overall pick, the could draft Leinart, beg Farve to play two more years and teach him the ropes, then try to get a second or third round pick for rodgers, and draft defense, WR, and O-line for the rest of the day - and with the first pick in each round, you could get some solid players.

The Packers need a lot of help, they're on the brink of needing a full-on re-build.  But if they can get Walker back next year and squeeze another year or two out of Ahman Green (so they can draft a RB high in '07) they could probably put together a pretty solid team the year after next.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2005, 11:39 PM by Rob »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2005, 08:39 PM »

I also don't the Packers are done, the NFC North sucks ass

The Packers are D-E-A-D dead.  They are showing up with a knife to a gunfight for the rest of the season, no team can withstand losing Ahman Green and his backup Najeh Davenport plus 2 of their best 3 WRs in Javon Walker and Ferguson.  They have no weapons to utilize.

On top of that, their schedule is very hard.  Their next 5 matchups are at the Bengals, home vs. the Steelers, at the Atlanta Falcons, home vs. the Vikings, and then at the Eagles.  At the end of their next five games, their record will likely be 2-9, and I'm giving them the one win vs the Vikings who already beat them once this year.  They also finish the season against the Seahawks, football's best offense.

Lastly, the Vikings and Bears have an easier schedule the rest of the way (and already have a better record) and the Lions' schedule is also a little easier.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2005, 10:07 PM »
With the NFC North in the shambles that it's in.  The Packers could make the playoffs, but I doubt it.  Shame too because this will most likely be Favre's last season and it would've been nicer for him to end on a higher point.

I am liking how the Giants are doing this year.  I expected a winning record from them, but I didn't expect much more with Eli only being in his first full season as starting QB.  They've had some exciting 4th quarters, where they normally didn't do too well in the past.  Hopefully, they can keep it up.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2005, 10:41 PM »
Exactly, I've rooted against those ******* forever and they can start a season 1-4 like they did last year and still turn it around.  As much as I can't stand Farve and the media dick sucking that goes along with him, he is a hell of a leader and wills his team to win more often than not

Offline sfg

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2005, 01:38 PM »
Gentlemen,

I'm in a suicide pool (pick one game/week; no spread) and have narrowed my choices this week down to the following.  Of these, which do you think is most likely to win this weekend and why? 

Buccaneers over 49ers
Patriots over Bills
Cowboys over Cardinals

Thanks in advance,

:)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2005, 02:14 PM »
Gentlemen,

I'm in a suicide pool (pick one game/week; no spread) and have narrowed my choices this week down to the following.  Of these, which do you think is most likely to win this weekend and why? 

Buccaneers over 49ers
Patriots over Bills
Cowboys over Cardinals

Thanks in advance,

:)

Not allowed to use the same team twice, correct?  Of those three, I'd go with the Bucs and save the Pats for later.  They have a much easier schedule the second half of the year.

Of course, I only lasted until week 5 in my league, so I obviously don't know ****.
Common sense isn't so common

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2005, 02:17 PM »
The bucs are going to destroy the Niners - #1 defense against the worst team, being led by Ken Dorsey?

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2005, 02:22 PM »
Yeah, it'd take a huge break-down for TB to lose to the 49ers...

Then again I (much like the esteemed Mikey D) was eliminated in my work pick'em league in the 5th week, so what do I know.   :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2005, 02:25 PM »
I should add that the Bucs have a much tougher schedule for the second half of the season with 6 divisional games, a trip to New England, and home games against Washington and Chicago.

Offline sfg

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2005, 03:21 PM »
I agree with all of you guys.  I've had Tampa Bay slated as my pick for this week since about week 4.  But for some reason, I've got the heebie-jeebies about it.  Mostly because the 49ers are going to start Dorsey, who has much more experience than Alex Smith, and the Bucs are going with Simms, who has very little experience.  I guess I just have a nagging feeling that the Bucs could come in flat (this is a team that couldn't score more than 12 against the Testaverde-driven Jets a couple weeks ago), and this one could be a shocker.  Plus, I'm sure the vast majority of the other 11 people left are going to go with the Bucs, so an upset would be advantageous. 

It sucks because with Houston and SF this year, everyone is basically picking the same teams (whoever plays one of them), and thus you have so many left this deep in the season which, in my experience is unusual.  So it seeems like not getting caught in an upset is going to be the way to survive.

Anyway, thanks again, everyone.  I'lll probably go with Tampa.