Author Topic: NFL 2005-06  (Read 54926 times)

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: NFL Regular Season 2005-06
« Reply #60 on: November 7, 2005, 12:04 AM »
You know what makes me laugh? The friggin' media is sucking Ladanian Tomlinson's dick so hard right now... but I don't think he's the best RB in the game. They are making a big deal out of the fact that he has 15 TD's after his 4 today. Big deal. Shaun Alexander has 14, just 1 less. And he's got more rushing yards. He plays on the NFL's #1 offense. And he's playing on a team that's 6-2 and in first place. Why does he always get ignored? What makes Tomlinson so much better? Because he throws a few TD passes? Guess what? That's what the QB is for.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 7, 2005, 12:08 AM »
In 5 years, LT has rushed for only 100 fewer yards than Alexander has in 6 years.  He also in 5 years has almost 1000 more yards receiving than Alexander.  TD's are about even with Alexander ahead by 10 (but with an extra year to his career).

Alexander is a great running back, but if I'm building a franchise, I'd take Tomlinson over Alexander in a heartbeat - he's also 2 years younger.
« Last Edit: November 7, 2005, 12:09 AM by Rob »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #62 on: November 7, 2005, 12:35 AM »
Steelers spanked Greenbay.  Not a pretty win again, but the Steelers have such a banged up team right now that I let this one slide.  I was really thinking it was going to be a loss today but Batch got his **** together and Deuce came up big in the game which they needed.  Some good capitalizing on turn-overs and the black & gold rolled to another win...  Plus, doing so without Farrior, Parker (part of the game), Bettis, and Roethlisberger...  No small feat under any situation I think.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 7, 2005, 12:56 AM »
I smell a disgruntled Seahawks fan :-*

I don't know how to judge between the two.  I don't have either in the pool here, but I have LT over at the spawn board and damned if I'm not pleased with him.  And while TD's may be the QB's job, boy it sure opens up a whole other avenue for scoring from a surprise standpoint when your leading rusher has more TD passes than many of the REAL QB's in the league. 

I think Dave's mad cuz Alexander's going to be somewhere else next year.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 7, 2005, 01:05 AM »

I don't think they would be that stupid to let him go. You can't. They have a good offense, but he's obviously the main focus of it. They have to re-sign him. If they don't they might as well pack up the team and move somewhere else, because there will be rioting in the streets of Seattle.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 7, 2005, 01:09 AM »
I smell a disgruntled Seahawks fan :-*

I almost forgot... what is there to be disgruntled about? First place, #1 offense, #1 rusher... it's a pretty good season by anyone's standards I would say. I'm not the least bit disgruntled for a change. I've been waiting patiently for a long time for this day... although it's far from over. And it ain't gonna be easy. But I think that as long as everyone stays healthy the 'Hawks have a pretty good shot at winning the NFC, at the very least. Winning the 'Big Game' is another thing altogether.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 7, 2005, 12:28 PM »

I don't think they would be that stupid to let him go. You can't. They have a good offense, but he's obviously the main focus of it. They have to re-sign him. If they don't they might as well pack up the team and move somewhere else, because there will be rioting in the streets of Seattle.

My understanding is that they are nowhere near on signing a deal or meeting minds with respect to dollars.  I couldn't agree with you more, they HAVE to sign him.  But sometimes sports teams are really stupid.  Given the issues they had prior to the season and then the numbers (amazing numbers) Alexander has put up this year plus the great season the team is having I think Alexander is going to be looking for awfully big numbers.  And while I'm no real fan of sports figures making gagillions of dollars a year, Alexander deserves them as much as anyone in the NFL. 

My disgruntled comment was more in reference to the lack of a long term deal for Alexander at the moment.  I know you don't need to sign a guy during the season, but it sure would be some nice peace of mind.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 7, 2005, 03:49 PM »
Mmmm..cheerleader catfight......

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9956517/

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #68 on: November 7, 2005, 07:01 PM »
Indeed.  The pictures will forever remain embedded in my mind.  So not only do the two hot chicks have a little trist in the bathroom of a club, but then they also get arrested and likely lost their jobs.  That's funny.  It's a win-win situation all around as far as I'm concerned.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 7, 2005, 07:19 PM »
Indeed.  The pictures will forever remain embedded in my mind.  So not only do the two hot chicks have a little trist in the bathroom of a club,

I gotta stop you right there.  The blonde on the left is hot, barely...but the chick on the right is a total dog. 

This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 7, 2005, 09:30 PM »
They are both dogs.  Someone on Spawn posted their Panthers website pics and they actually looked good.  Amazing what makeup can do.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 7, 2005, 10:40 PM »
Those are their mugshots:

http://www.hcso.tampa.fl.us/

Go to the top of the page and click on Inquiries online.
Then go to Arrest Inquiries
Type in

Owen,Kristen
Keathley,Angela

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 7, 2005, 11:35 PM »
They'll be in Playboy a few months down the road.

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 8, 2005, 02:25 AM »
God that was beautiful seeing the Colts hand the Pats their asses on their own field.   ;D

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 8, 2005, 04:05 AM »
They are both dogs.  Someone on Spawn posted their Panthers website pics and they actually looked good.  Amazing what makeup can do.

Here's Angela, she's pretty much still out of gas:

Here's the other one, I actually kinda dug the mugshot better:

This is what happens when you invade Wakanda