Author Topic: NFL 2005-06  (Read 54941 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: NFL Regular Season 2005-06
« Reply #75 on: November 8, 2005, 05:37 AM »

Alexander is a great running back, but if I'm building a franchise, I'd take Tomlinson over Alexander in a heartbeat - he's also 2 years younger.

Not that I'd take him before Tomlinson or Alexander, but at 25 years old, you need to throw Larry Johnson in the mix too:

This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 8, 2005, 09:41 AM »
The cheerleaders gone wild have been fired by the Panthers and removed from their website.  As I said earlier, Playboy, here they come.  They'll also most likely be guests on talk shows for a while.  I'm sure Ellen and Rosie O Donnell would love to have them.....on.  Maybe they'll even get a "reality" show.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 8, 2005, 10:36 AM »
God that was beautiful seeing the Colts hand the Pats their asses on their own field.   ;D

Sweet.  Only 7 more wins in a row and Peyton will have a .500 record against the Pats.

The Colts did what they had to do and I give them props for that.  But this win isn't going to mean dick if they don't get it done in the playoffs.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 8, 2005, 11:17 AM »
They'll be in Playboy a few months down the road.

They've already been offered a spread in Penthouse.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 8, 2005, 01:00 PM »

Alexander is a great running back, but if I'm building a franchise, I'd take Tomlinson over Alexander in a heartbeat - he's also 2 years younger.

Not that I'd take him before Tomlinson or Alexander, but at 25 years old, you need to throw Larry Johnson in the mix too:

I'd have to agree with that.  I'm wondering what KC is going to do following this season (note: I don't know Holmes' contract status) given the way Johnson has performed this year.  I'd think that the sensible thing to do would be keep Johnson and trade away Priest Holmes given his age.  I think he still has several productive years left after this season so he should be able to generate some pretty serious interest. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 8, 2005, 02:00 PM »

Sweet.  Only 7 more wins in a row and Peyton will have a .500 record against the Pats.

Yup, the Patriots and their fans know a lot about .500 records this season.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #81 on: November 9, 2005, 02:22 AM »
The cheerleaders gone wild have been fired by the Panthers and removed from their website.  As I said earlier, Playboy, here they come.  They'll also most likely be guests on talk shows for a while.  I'm sure Ellen and Rosie O Donnell would love to have them.....on.  Maybe they'll even get a "reality" show.

Howard Stern was saying Monday Morning that he wanted them already for something to do on his new radio move...  They'll easily get work I'm sure.  :)

Hot as the story is, I think it's funny they got into a fight over it and hope at least one got a good slap upside the head.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 9, 2005, 01:37 PM »
  I'm wondering what KC is going to do following this season (note: I don't know Holmes' contract status) given the way Johnson has performed this year.  I'd think that the sensible thing to do would be keep Johnson and trade away Priest Holmes given his age.  I think he still has several productive years left after this season so he should be able to generate some pretty serious interest. 

Uh, maybe not.  I believe my fantasy season just went in the crapper something fierce  Holy snotballs. :o

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #83 on: November 9, 2005, 01:52 PM »
Uh, maybe not.  I believe my fantasy season just went in the crapper something fierce  Holy snotballs. :o

Wow, what a horrible sounding injury.   :-\

It's definitely time to get out when 1 more routine hit may permanently cripple you...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 9, 2005, 01:56 PM »
I'd suggest it's time too.  In digging a bit, the KC publicist is denying rumours it's career ending.  Might be season ending.  But I'd suggest that sort of crap is enough to retire. 

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 9, 2005, 04:41 PM »
While I'm not in the JD Fantasy Football, the one I'm in at work (and leading in points) has both TO and Priest. I'm suddenly feeling very vunerable  >:(

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #86 on: November 14, 2005, 01:07 AM »
Steelers handled the Brownies tonight...  STarted off rough, finished quite nicely though and it was nice to see Maddox even falling somewhat into a groove (though I'm bummed about Batch).

Cleveland Games in Pittsburgh are like we're playing the SUper Bowl.  People talk up the Ravens games and they're always big too but you can't fathom what Cleveland does when they're in town for a whipping.  On the news they said that you needed to take extra time Monday if you had a flight at Pittsburgh International because the game was actually going to cause delays on flights because people were staying Sunday who were in town just to watch the game...  taking later flights and things.  That's cool. :)

Ward had a fantastic game, and so did Batch aside from his hand...  Maddox was so-so, but was finding himself again at the end which is what he needs if he's playing next week (I thought Roethlisberger was in but I guess not).  Great game...  Lots of HARD hitting.  That was probably the most brutal game I watched all season really.  Lots of trash talking, lots of scuffles, and hits that made you think it was the 1970's all over again. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 14, 2005, 01:34 AM »
Chris Simms giving Bucs fans reason to think the season might not be over quite yet!

They're 6-3 with a tough game in Atlanta next week... I can't wait.

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 14, 2005, 12:01 PM »
Colts keep rolling along.  Bring on the Steelers!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 17, 2005, 12:08 AM »
You're a Colts fan?

I consider myself a closet-Colts fan whenever they're not playing the Bucs.