Author Topic: NFL 2005-06  (Read 55033 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: NFL Regular Season 2005-06
« Reply #90 on: November 18, 2005, 02:07 PM »
I'll verify that Jason is indeed a Colts fan.  He wandered off during C3 to the Colts merchandise store down the street and was pretty excited about the experience.  Can't verify he's not a recent bandwagon jumper though  :P ;)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 20, 2005, 05:13 PM »
Da Bearzzzz win!  Da Bearzzzz win! 

What the hell?  7-3 now.  I can't believe it.  I love it but I can't believe it.  8 sacks, 2 int, and 2 fumbles.  That's a good defensivie day I wouls say :)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 20, 2005, 05:35 PM »
Bears and Bucs, both doing better than expected... I'm concerned that the Bears might be able to win that game next week.  Hopefully the Bucs can knock Orton around as much as the Bears knocked Delhomme around today.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #93 on: November 20, 2005, 11:28 PM »
Can't believe the Steelers today...  And people still call for Maddox's head too which separates who knows WTF they're talking about over who knows nothing.  Maddox did what he could today for the most part and the O line just crumbled.  They played like a 3rd rate team and deserved the loss they got handed to them.  They're one of the top teams in the league without a doubt in my mind, but they just didn't come for today's game at all proving that the NFL  is just great to watch every game. :)

Steelers fans are P-I-S-S-E-D pissed...
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 21, 2005, 04:05 PM »
Colts game was amazing and all I saw were the highlights.  Can't believe CBS showed the Chargers/Bills blowout instead. 

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #95 on: November 21, 2005, 05:17 PM »
Colts game was amazing and all I saw were the highlights.  Can't believe CBS showed the Chargers/Bills blowout instead. 

We got that game (Colts/Bengals) on the local CBS and I watched the first half...  it was nuts.

I thought for sure I was going to see an NFL record set for points.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 21, 2005, 05:21 PM »
That's what you get for living in So Cal. Those of us here in the Dirrty South got the pleasure of watching Peyton vs. Palmer.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 21, 2005, 06:24 PM »
Can't believe the Steelers today...  And people still call for Maddox's head too which separates who knows WTF they're talking about over who knows nothing.  Maddox did what he could today for the most part and the O line just crumbled.  They played like a 3rd rate team and deserved the loss they got handed to them.  They're one of the top teams in the league without a doubt in my mind, but they just didn't come for today's game at all proving that the NFL  is just great to watch every game. :)

Steelers fans are P-I-S-S-E-D pissed...

I was pissed yesterday too. Although it's kind of funny, I was thinking as I was watching the game, I wonder if the Offensive Line is letting Maddox get sacked because of what he did in the last couple games. You're right, though. How can someone get sacked at least five times and have it be their fault?!
   Although, Maddox DID blow it for us in OT.....
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #98 on: November 22, 2005, 12:01 AM »
He didn't help in OT, but the O line still blew, the running game didn't get **** done all game much less OT (had they punched through we'd have likely won in regulation I think), and then you could get into the Special Teams, etc...

The only solid point was our Defense was on almost all game I think...  Not that Baltimore is an Offensive powerhouse in anything but body odor, they still posed a threat that the D was handling.  Lots of great D to keep the Steelers in it but they just didn't march down field.  That OT drive was heartbreaking at best...  They should've trampled the Ravens and been well within field goal range if not all the way down tot he red zone. 

Oh, and I'm proud to say that Cowher deserves blame too...  He had Maddox running these long pass plays instead of little screens and short passes.  He's much better at those, he's proven with those, but he barely attempted any.  When he did they freaking scored!  Frustrating was the only way to describe that game and they did everything they could to lose it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 22, 2005, 02:06 AM »
Big win for the Vikings at Lambeau.  They pull themselves up to .500 and a decent record.  I don't know if they can pass the Bears and grab a playoff spot, though.  Johnson hasn't lit things up since taking over for Culpepper, but at least he's avoiding the critical mistakes.

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 27, 2005, 08:38 PM »
GOOO CHARGERS!! 7-4  8)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 27, 2005, 08:48 PM »
GO GO

Sorry, CFL Grey Cup game up here. Edmonton leading 20-18 against Montreal last quarter.  :P

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 27, 2005, 08:57 PM »
Ahhh, make that 25-20 for the bad guys!  :-\

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 27, 2005, 09:09 PM »
Maybe it's time to start an official CFL thread?

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 27, 2005, 09:21 PM »
Screw that, it's almost over. 28-25 for Edmonton with less than a minute to go!  :o   :o   8)   ;D