Author Topic: NFL 2005-06  (Read 55309 times)

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
Re: NFL Regular Season 2005-06
« Reply #135 on: December 2, 2005, 02:54 PM »
I was only comparing in the "greatest regular season ever for that league" sense.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #136 on: December 6, 2005, 12:04 AM »
So the Steelers sucked hard Sunday afternoon...  Talk in the town is rampant about how hated Cowher is right now, and I agree he has to shoulder a lot of the blame at the moment, but at the same time the Steelers are a hurting team from the QB down to the line...

The Steelers played well in some respects Sunday but they abandoned the run, Willie Parker was a joke and he really shouldn't be their go-to guy.  I'd still be seeing what Bettis can deliver to you or Staley, and let Parker serve his purpose as a back-up.  He's not the end-all RB this team sometimes treats him like, and his fumbles just reinforced that.

Roethlisberger threw so much you almost hate to criticize him on the Int's, but at the same time they were dumbass throws that he knows better than to make and if his thumb was the cause then that just reinforces my point about dropping the running game as they did.

The D didn't look horrible given the way the game played out, but the O line failed at times, again, and mostly for the running game but Ben was on his back a bit too often.  They've needed to step it up for 3 games straight and didn't so that's disconcerting.  A lack of pressure on Cincy was disappointing from our D, but they were trying and getting him sometimes...  Our secondary was next scariest to the Oline then.

Lots and lots of talk of the Steelers not even making it...  Lots thinking in town right now that they could lose a lot of their next times, if not all of them.  The more respected voices (IMO) are saying they'll lose 1 or 2 more, but not all...  They could win all their final games if they'd get healthy and step it up though.  They can do this, just a matter if will they or not.

Good game though, just painful to watch at times and I'm sick of Cowher's post-game conferences where he acts like an indignant prick about answering the TOUGH questions he SHOULD be answering.  To me he owes some explanations, that's his job if he isn't winning, so the arrogance he's exuded these last couple games...  Like it pains him to do that press conference, so he's just gonna be short and snide.  What a peckerhead.  It pained us to watch the Steelers lose a 3rd game in a row, so to me he needs to be a little more civil.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 6, 2005, 01:55 PM »
Back to the Colts topic.  I think they will sit Manning and those guys out or at least give them limited play.  I remember the Bears being 12-0 and lost to the Dolphins.  It kind of sucked for a day or two but it's nothing compared to having the Super Bowl trophy.  What gets me is when Don Shula practically lights up like a X-Mas tree about how his team beat the Bears.  Cool and all but who won the title that year?  Mmmm-hmmmm Da Bearsss. 

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 12, 2005, 12:26 PM »
I would be mad if I were a Packers fan.  The Lions were screwed out of a safety and probably a win last night.  Reggie Bush might now be out of reach for them.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 12, 2005, 02:37 PM »
Reggie Bush IS out of reach for them.  The Texans are clearly losing games on purpose (a shanked 31 yard field goal?  Come on...) in an effort to get Reggie Bush.  Even the Houston media is ripping the team for throwing games from what I hear.

What would be really interesting, is to see if the Packers would go after Matt Leinart if they end up drafting high enough.  Then they could try to trade Aaron Rogers for a second or third rounder and build around Leinart.

Offline Clone On Fire

• Youngling
  • Blaze of Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 12, 2005, 05:06 PM »
Reggie Bush IS out of reach for them.  The Texans are clearly losing games on purpose (a shanked 31 yard field goal?  Come on...) in an effort to get Reggie Bush.  Even the Houston media is ripping the team for throwing games from what I hear.

What would be really interesting, is to see if the Packers would go after Matt Leinart if they end up drafting high enough.  Then they could try to trade Aaron Rogers for a second or third rounder and build around Leinart.

I don't think it's fair to say the Texans are throwing games by citing a missed 31 yard field goal - you can figure that extra point attempts are missed all the time at about the same distance.  Besides Domanick Davis has been going crazy lately for that team and Andre Johnson has come back from a leg injury I think and he has been playing well.  Reggie Bush wouldn't really fit in too well with the Texans - if you ask me Domanick Davis and his backup (John something?) are pretty good, but David Carr is much more likely to be replaced at QB with say a Leinert than Davis would be at RB.
They cannot conquer forever!

Offline Matt Carroll

• Jedi Initiate
  • Who shot who in the what now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 12, 2005, 05:44 PM »
Davis is good and Jonathan Wells is OK, but neither is Reggie Bush. They can draft Bush (assuming he declares for the draft) and trade Davis to start to build an offensive line.

Extra points are right around 20 yard kicks, so the 31-yarder is a bit longer. You don't see many missed from that distance and you certainly don't see many that close in that miss that badly, without any wind or snap/hold issues.
Matt Carroll
udflyerman (at) gmail (dot) com
Always looking for rare/unusual Darth Vader items to add to my collection

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 12, 2005, 05:44 PM »
At this point, they'd be SMART to lose the games.  They need lots of help.

And I'm only suggesting it, it's the Houston media from what I understand who's pointing the fingers.

Their season closer against the 49'ers might go down as the ugliest game in football history since each team will more than likely have a solid incentive to lose.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2005, 10:26 PM by Rob »

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 13, 2005, 11:48 PM »
Hey Matt, I just ordered one of these for myself to go with last years shirt... you want one?

Too bad I don't have you in the Secret Santa, I'd order an extra for you  :P

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 17, 2005, 11:35 PM »
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 18, 2005, 04:45 PM »
GOOO CHARGERSS!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 18, 2005, 04:57 PM »
That's a horrible thing, now we have to see those annoying ass geriatric 72 Dolphins popping a cork again on the highlights...  ::)

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 18, 2005, 07:58 PM »
Yeah, that sucks. I really wanted to see an undefeated Colts team come into Seattle for a showdown....

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 19, 2005, 01:17 PM »
Very disappointed the Colts lost but the ring is what matters, not 16-0. 

Offline Clone On Fire

• Youngling
  • Blaze of Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 19, 2005, 02:22 PM »
Reggie Bush IS out of reach for them.  The Texans are clearly losing games on purpose

Feel free to explain their 2 TD margin win this weekend.
They cannot conquer forever!