Author Topic: NFL 2005-06  (Read 55040 times)

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: NFL Regular Season 2005-06
« Reply #150 on: December 19, 2005, 10:07 PM »
Easy the Cardinals SUCK!!!  LOL!  I still can't believe the Bears are doing this well.  It looks like they might have a QB now that could actually help move the offense down the field fairly frequently.  If he can stay healthy that is (:

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 19, 2005, 11:18 PM »
Thanks for taking that one Broem - I thought it was obvious. :)

Watching the pack on MNF makes me think that maybe the Packers want Reggie more than the Texans do though...

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 24, 2005, 04:01 PM »
We trounced the Browns today. Go Steelers!!
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 24, 2005, 05:01 PM »
Holy ****, my Giants! >:(

Not a disgraceful game, from what I caught on the radio, and was told, but damn. Damn. Damn.

Damn.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 25, 2005, 02:36 AM »
Did anyone else catch that freaking Bucs/Falcons game?

A normal Bucs nail biter usually takes about a year off of my life - this one took at least 5.  I'd never seen a game before where it looked like the game was 100% lost and then it looked like it would be won easily and then back and forth and back and forth like this one.

Absolutely killed me - but at least I got to be happy with the eventual outcome - with 0:15 left in OT...

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #155 on: December 25, 2005, 02:43 AM »

A normal Bucs nail biter usually takes about a year off of my life - this one took at least 5.  I'd never seen a game before where it looked like the game was 100% lost and then it looked like it would be won easily and then back and forth and back and forth like this one.

Absolutely killed me - but at least I got to be happy with the eventual outcome - with 0:15 left in OT...

Anyone know how long it has been since there has been a tie in the NFL?
"This is the way."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #156 on: December 25, 2005, 02:59 AM »
The Steelers simply embarassed Cleveland, and while they were taking the game seriously it seems the Brownies just didn't bring anything with them.

I'm still questionable of Parker's status as the "go-to-guy" for RB, and I still think Bettis is a better RB, but Parker had a great day today...  I think a lot more success he has is surrounded by his Oline than his own ability though, whereas Bettis made things happen himself and just had good Oline's to help him...

Just a great game, Roethlisberger was on, the receivers did quite well for the day, the D was outstanding and Porter was in his true form.  Just amazing to watch...

Great game, and now onto next week...  I just hope the Steelers keep it up.  They need that kind of intensity every week from here on out.

And once again my point stands...  The only sign of intelligent life in Cleveland is the road sign on the turnpike saying how far away Pittsburgh is. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 1, 2006, 04:49 PM »
The Steelers won a close game against the Lions today. I hope we make it in the playoffs...
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #158 on: January 1, 2006, 05:04 PM »
Yeah the black and gold played a weak defensive game early on...  They really were letting Detroit pass the ball way too much, and between a weak showing by the secondary and no effective blitzes they had their hands full.

Offensively they did a little better and there was definitely some top special teams play going on.

Pollamallu (I know I just butchered his name's spelling) had that awesome punch that forced a turnover.  That was a pro-bowl play, and a reason that guy is a big part of the STeelers future defensively.  Just amazing play, and the kind of thing even the best in the league would envy.

Some real quality play out of the Steelers at the 2nd half when they opened it up to a 2 TD game.  I had a feeling it was locked at that point but there was really no reason for me to feel that way that I can justify it, haha.  It coulda gone badly at any moment with a fumble or int.

Fun game though and Bettis got the fans in an uproar...  If he retires the city will miss him.  I think he has a home in Georgia and would likely be there to stay I'd think.  He's a huge part of Pittsburgh sports though.  I'd put him in there with any of our sports greats really, and to me he could be effective for another season or two.  I'm hoping he comes back to do the short work for us again.

Great game, and now it's a whole new season baby!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 1, 2006, 05:11 PM »

Anyone know how long it has been since there has been a tie in the NFL?

The Steelers and Falcons tied in 2002.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #160 on: January 2, 2006, 11:47 PM »
So long Mike Tice...good riddance as well.  I really hope this is a turning point of the franchise and the Vikes can regain the semi annual contender status they had for quite a while

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 3, 2006, 02:33 AM »
So what's the deal with Daunte I-threw-a-thousand-TD's-last-year-but-couldn't-do-jack-this-time-around Culpepper?

Do Vikings fans want Brad I'm-ancient-but-did-win-a-Superbowl-with-Tampa Johnson to stay at center?

I'm wondering if Tice would take a job as a o-line coach down in Tampa.... I think Muir (who's supposedly one of the best in the game) has done a horrible job for the last 3 years and I'd love for the Bucs to get someone else in there.
« Last Edit: January 3, 2006, 02:34 AM by KBZ »

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 3, 2006, 09:05 AM »
Tice should just be an o-line coach for a few years.  He's far too inexperienced to be anything more.  He proved that during his tenure as coach.  I pray that Mr Wilf goes out and gets a promising coach who has actual successful HC experience at the NFL, CFL or NCAA levels.  I want a real o-coordinator and QB coach also.  I think Daunte's problem this year was that he was trying too hard to be the guy because Randy wasn't there.  Daunte also didn't have a QB coach or O-coordinator to hold his hand.  He needs that.  I would like to see them get Ciincy's o-coordinator if possible.  He would be able to help Daunte if he's healthy next year.  If not, I would like to see the Vikes bring in Kitna.  Brad Johnson is okay, he won't lose too many games, but he won't win a bunch, either.  Plus, he's not going to be playing much longer.  Daunte is the guy if he can play.  The Vikings also could use a GM, preferrably one that knows what he's doing.  I wonder if they could bring Jeff Diamond back?

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 3, 2006, 08:31 PM »
So what's the deal with Daunte I-threw-a-thousand-TD's-last-year-but-couldn't-do-jack-this-time-around Culpepper?

I gotta say Randy Moss.  And when Moss wasn't catching TD passes last year, he was drawing double coverage and allowing a better rushing attack or other peeps to catch TD passes.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #164 on: January 5, 2006, 03:25 PM »
No surprise really, but Alexander is your Associated Press MVP:

Alexander easily wins MVP honors

I bet his agent is LOVING the fact he put all those numbers up in a contract/free agency year... since the Seahawks can't tag him with the "franchise" label again this year, he is going to get a FAT contract where ever he goes.

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender