Author Topic: NFL 2005-06  (Read 55032 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: NFL 2005-06 (Now with Playoffs!)
« Reply #225 on: January 20, 2006, 07:56 PM »
Watchin' the news, this guy in Denver who moved there from here got his car keyed the other day I guess.  Classy.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #226 on: January 20, 2006, 10:34 PM »
Watchin' the news, this guy in Denver who moved there from here got his car keyed the other day I guess.  Classy.

Don't judge the whole city based on that. We do have a few real dumbasses like that here, but for the most part most of the fans are respectful.  :-[
"This is the way."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #227 on: January 21, 2006, 02:32 AM »
I'm sure Ryan, it's just that something equally annoying happened in Indy to a Steelers fan...  People take stuff way too seriously.  The guy's mad but he said he won't stop supporting his team, so he's moving on.

When the Pats were in Pittsburgh they were treated well here...  Pats fans were welcomed...  It was nice.  In Indy last week though I've heard that the Colts fans were picking fights, throwing objects at Steelers fans and that there was a number of people told to take things off their car showing Steelers support or that they'd come back to a messed up car after the game. 

Just dumb **** like that is firing up people here.  It starts making you mad...  I guess it was so ugly last week that neither city's mayor was really wanting to do a bet with the other like they're doing this week.  At least that's the rumor I'd heard.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #228 on: January 22, 2006, 05:41 AM »
I gotta get this in one last time before gametime:

GO BRONCOS!

:P
"This is the way."

Offline Matt Carroll

• Jedi Initiate
  • Who shot who in the what now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 22, 2006, 11:46 AM »
I second what Ryan had to say - wanted to stop in before I started to get ready to head down to Mile High to say

Go Broncos!!!  :D
Matt Carroll
udflyerman (at) gmail (dot) com
Always looking for rare/unusual Darth Vader items to add to my collection

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 22, 2006, 12:40 PM »
Well, someone has to say it: Go Panthers!
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 22, 2006, 03:46 PM »
TOUCHDOWN STEELERS! Beginning of 2nd quarter, 10-0
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline Ithorian Clergy

• Jedi Initiate
  • Straight up rocket scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 22, 2006, 04:00 PM »
GO STEELERS

GO STEELERS

If you vote for me all of your wildest dreams will come true.  Thank you.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 22, 2006, 07:21 PM »
That was one of the best played games this season. I really liked it. I really don't like the Bronco's coach, he looks like a rat. I was getting really annoyed when our defensive line couldn't sack Plummer.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #234 on: January 22, 2006, 07:42 PM »
HERE WE GO STEELERS!  HERE WE GO!
Great game in Denver (Sorry Ryan and Matt), and really fun to watch...  I think Plummer's gonna take a lot of slack out you guys' way but he really was on at times in the game, had some great scrambles...  I hope the city isn't too down on him, but that's football and QB's take a hit after any loss.

The base is going to his garage...  :)  I love it.

For Steelers fans this is so huge...  This city needs this.  People are out lighting fireworks off still, there was borderline rioting downtown...  It's just insane.  It's a good time to be a Steelers fan, and now I just hope they win it all.  I was happy with beating Indy and Cincy...  I've always had my faith in the team but those two you felt like it couldn't get any higher, and now it is...  I love my Steelers, I love this city, and I hope they bring Bettis home a champion because that man's too good a person not to get it at this point. 

I feel like I'm on something right now, this is great. :)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #235 on: January 22, 2006, 07:50 PM »
That was one of the best played games this season. I really liked it. I really don't like the Bronco's coach, he looks like a rat. I was getting really annoyed when our defensive line couldn't sack Plummer.

And it was easily one of the worst for us. Our defense refused to play today. The pass coverage was AWFUL. It seemed like everytime Pitts. threw the ball it was a first down. The Broncos weren't playing with enough urgency in the 4th either, it looked like Pittsburgh was going to give them a chance, but the just didn't want it. The stopped the rush fine but were useless against the pass, they gave the recievers such a big cushion. I got a bad feeling after the first drive when that fumble was overturned, and what should have been a pick by Bailey was a first down for Pittsburgh.

And my second favorite NFL team is sucking right now too. Hopefully Carolina can turn it around and as I was typing Smith just had a sweet kick return. :D

Well I hope Bettis and Cowher can win the big one, they deserve it. I'm pulling for him unless Carolina makes it in.
"This is the way."

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #236 on: January 22, 2006, 07:54 PM »

Great game in Denver (Sorry Ryan and Matt), and really fun to watch...  I think Plummer's gonna take a lot of slack out you guys' way but he really was on at times in the game, had some great scrambles...  I hope the city isn't too down on him, but that's football and QB's take a hit after any loss.

I can't stand how everyone always get on Plummer, he played a decent game, the picks were certainly not some of his better decisions, but he didn't lose that game by himself. Jake played excellent this year, the entire team flopped today, not just him.

And Jesse, as good as you feel, imagine the opposite, that's how I'm doing right now. :'(
"This is the way."

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 22, 2006, 08:02 PM »
STEELERS ARE GOING TO DETROIT BABY!!!!!

« Last Edit: January 22, 2006, 08:23 PM by HunterofThePegs »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #238 on: January 22, 2006, 08:05 PM »
I just think the Broncos caught the hottest team in Football and that's all there is to it. 

Looks like right now they might be playing the Seahawks which will be a great game but I really have to give the edge no matter who they play to Pittsburgh, they are going to be big favorites

Offline Ithorian Clergy

• Jedi Initiate
  • Straight up rocket scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 22, 2006, 08:15 PM »
SOON TO BE SUPERBOWL CHAMPION PITTSBURGH STEELERS BABY WHOOOO!!!!! 

If you vote for me all of your wildest dreams will come true.  Thank you.