Author Topic: NFL 2005-06  (Read 55280 times)

Offline GeneralBelIblis

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: NFL 2005-06 (Now with Playoffs!)
« Reply #240 on: January 22, 2006, 08:32 PM »
big ben is a beast! the wheels on the bus go round and round round and round ... looks like im gonna be cheering for the steelers in the super bowl cause carolina aint goin.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 22, 2006, 09:49 PM »
Steelers/Seahawks...

I'll be pulling for the Steelers still - but it looks like it could go either way.

Regardless, the two best teams are clearly left standing.

Big Ben is 26 - 4 as a starter.  That is beyond sick.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2006, 09:52 PM by Rob »

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 22, 2006, 10:12 PM »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #243 on: January 22, 2006, 10:51 PM »
Steelers/Seahawks...

So, the big winner is the NFL because they get an East Coast and a West Coast team.  Marketing gurus with Superbowl ad time are rejoicing!   :P

Seriously though, I'll have to stay out of choosing a winner.

If I endorse Pittsburgh, then Dave gets mad at me and forgets to share any sweet Toy Fair loot he gets next month.  If I endorse Seattle, then Jesse gets mad at me and have you seen him mad?  He gets all frothy and what-not.

Guess I'll just watch the game and enjoy it for the commercials...  :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Super Bowl XL Pittsburgh vs Seattle
« Reply #244 on: January 23, 2006, 12:00 AM »
Frothy?

****y YOU!!!!!!!111!!!!   >:(   >:(  >:(   :-*

And Jesse, as good as you feel, imagine the opposite, that's how I'm doing right now.

Flashback to about this same time of year last year when we had one of the dominant teams in the NFL, #1 seed, and lost to the Patriots. :)  Believe me, I know Ryan, I know all too well...  It just feels great to win, move on...  THis team needs a champion in the worst way.

I hold no ill will to anyone wanting to support the Steelers, I just remember we weren't given a chance by ANYONE in the sports world and it's fun watching some of these guys eat crow.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #245 on: January 23, 2006, 12:08 AM »
While watching the Seahawks-Panthers game today I had bad, bad flashbacks to 1999

Not sure why but I thinks its because the home team was handing it to the visitors and was on their way to the Super Bowl.  Then Brown missed a kick right near halftime.  Looking back, the Broncos would have killed the Vikes in the Super Bowl anyway, John Randle got hurt and Robert Smith was also done for the year.  Damn them, damn them all to hell :'( :'( :'(

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 23, 2006, 12:14 AM »
I just remember we weren't given a chance by ANYONE in the sports world and it's fun watching some of these guys eat crow

I hear ya on that one Jesse, and the same can pretty much be said about Seattle. I sit and watch ESPN every Sunday since the season started before the 1:00 games start, and I hear all this jibber jabber about all of these teams, and all of these guys, week in and week out. And all I hear about is LT is the greatest RB of all time, and he's the best, and Peyton Manning this and that...

And then they come up to a preview of the Seattle game for the week, and it's like "Seattle is hosting San Fran... blah blah blah. 30 seconds of air time, and... we're done. Now back to talking about Ladanian Tomlinson". And it makes me sick.

Now look at what's going on... where's LT? Sitting at home, watching the Super Bowl on TV (no doubt in HD on his 70" Plasma screen, but I digress) - with Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Brian Urlacher, Tiki Barber, and all the rest of the guys that ESPN loves to talk about. While the NFL MVP (and TD record breaker, I might add) along with several other Pro Bowl First Team Starters will be in Detroit, playing the Steelers for the Super Bowl Trophy. So take that ESPN, Sporting News, Sports Illustrated, CBS Sportsline, and everybody else who overlooked the #1 offense in all of Football in 2005.

:P

Offline Andy_R

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 23, 2006, 03:12 AM »
Right you are jokabofe! 

This city is absolutely ecstatic right now!!  What a great feeling to finally have our team in the big game!!

I am at a loss for words.  It's just amazing. 
So this is what it feels like to go to the Super Bowl!

Andy
"Thrilled in Seattle"

edited for grammar
« Last Edit: January 23, 2006, 01:02 PM by Andy_R »

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 23, 2006, 09:05 AM »
I think the thing that scares me the most right now about the SB is the refs. I just hope the outcome of the game isn't decided by a bull**** call, or on a non-call that should have been. In last night's game, the Steve Smith flag did deserve to be picked up, because that really wasn't a penalty. However, if you look back to the first quarter, there was a very similar penalty called against Seattle that wasn't picked up. Granted, it didn't bring back a TD runback, but still... if you're gonna call a fair game, I think the penalty against Carolina should have stood. Makes me wonder if the referee conference didn't go a little something like this:

"So what's up?"
"He blocked him in the back..."
"Was it a bad block, really bad?"
"No, it wasn't that hard, and I think he tried to stop..."
"Man, Carolina is getting whupped... we should just overturn it and give them a chance. If we take away the TD, who knows what kind of tantrum Steve Smith is going to have on the sideline..."
"Yeah, you're right."

Now, I'm sure that's not really what happened... but you get the point. I just hope the refs in Detroit and gonna call a good game...  :-X

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 23, 2006, 11:01 AM »
Right you are jokabofe! 

This city is absolutely ecstatic right now!!  What a great feeling to finally have our team in the big game!!

I am at a loss for words.  It's just amazing. 
So this is what it feels like to go to the Superowl!

Andy
"Thrilled in Seattle"

Welcome to Tampa, 2002.  Very similar situations.

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 23, 2006, 11:58 AM »
Congrats Dave on your team reaching the big game for the 1st time.  I think this Super Bowl is gonna be a great game. 

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 23, 2006, 06:00 PM »
I "think" they are both evenly matched.  But Pittsburgh is red hot right now and have demonstrated that they can beat anyone anywhere and luckily will not have to play Seatle in Seatle.  So, I give Pitt the edge. 

Offline Matt Carroll

• Jedi Initiate
  • Who shot who in the what now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 26, 2006, 10:51 AM »
Ugh, I just finally got the cojones to make my way back into this thread.  :(
I was really impressed with the Steelers - they certainly deserve it after the way they've been playing the last month or two. A number of the fans around us at Mile High were really hard on Jake, but the Broncos got down and essentially became a drop-back passing team, which isn't their offense. Oh well, there's always next year...

Anyways, time to revert to the rule of cheering on the AFC team in the Super Bowl (except in the years where the Raiders are in the SB, of course  ;D).
Matt Carroll
udflyerman (at) gmail (dot) com
Always looking for rare/unusual Darth Vader items to add to my collection

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #253 on: February 4, 2006, 12:16 AM »
OCB's Super Bowl XL Prediction

Pittsburgh Steelers 34
Seattle Seahawks 17

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 4, 2006, 12:45 AM »
I'm rooting for Seattle (obviously) and I think they can win. If they don't win, I'd still  be happy if Joey Porter breaks his neck on the first play of the game (or gets hurt in any way, shape or form, at any other point during the game, for making stupid remarks about wanting to go out and hurt players on the opposing team. If the only way your team can win is by taking out the other teams best players (see: Carson Palmer) then your team sucks. End of story).

Seattle 28
Pittsburgh 17