Author Topic: NFL 2005-06  (Read 55048 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: Super Bowl XL Pittsburgh vs Seattle
« Reply #255 on: February 4, 2006, 12:52 AM »
If the only way your team can win is by taking out the other teams best players (see: Carson Palmer) then your team sucks. End of story).

I wonder how much Indianapolis and Denver think Pittsburgh sucks.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 4, 2006, 01:24 AM »
Ben Rothlisberger is something like 27-4-1 as a starter in the NFL.

That is absolutely sick.   Either he's the next Dan Marino, or the Steelers have a hell of a team surrounding him.  If they can beat up on the Colts on the road there's no reason why they shouldn't be able to stop the Seahawks at a neutral site.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #257 on: February 4, 2006, 02:34 AM »
To Porter's defense, he only said ANYTHING after a Seattle player talked some **** on Bettis which, given Bettis is a special guy on and off the field, didn't sit well with anyone in Pittsburgh...  Porter's just the only guy who says anything on our team, haha...

Personally, I'm not a fan of talking trash, but that's what gets some guys fired up.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 5, 2006, 11:20 AM »
5 hours from kickoff...

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 5, 2006, 12:05 PM »
To Porter's defense, he only said ANYTHING after a Seattle player talked some **** on Bettis which, given Bettis is a special guy on and off the field, didn't sit well with anyone in Pittsburgh... 

Right. And what Stevens said was "It's going to be a sad day when Bettis leaves Detroit without the trophy".

And that makes it alright for Porter to start talking about taking guys out, and hurting people? What is Stevens supposed to say? "I like Bettis and I think the Steelers are going to win" ?? Give me a break. Every player on both sides of the ball thinks that their team is going to win.

Not to mention that even if your game plan is to go out and try to take out the best players from the other side, you shouldn't say that to the media. Pretty ******* stupid if you ask me.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 5, 2006, 03:33 PM »
3 hours 'til kickoff...

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 5, 2006, 06:00 PM »
30 minutes til' kickoff...

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 5, 2006, 08:04 PM »
Well, it's halftime, and for a while, it wasn't going very well. We're only up by 4, let's hope we get our act together in the 2nd half.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 5, 2006, 10:08 PM »
PITTSBURGH STEELERS, SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!!!!!!

Final score: Seahwaks 10, Steelers 21.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: February 5, 2006, 10:34 PM »
PITTSBURGH STEELERS, SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!!!!!!

Final score: Seahwaks 10, Steelers 21.

Damn Skippy!
I remember my dream now.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 5, 2006, 10:47 PM »
I think the thing that scares me the most right now about the SB is the refs.

I just hope the refs in Detroit and gonna call a good game...  :-X

Looks like I didn't hope hard enough. No one here can tell me that the game was called fairly. It's obvious that the refs were pulling in Shittsburgh's Pittsburgh's favor.

Offense pass interference against D-Jack? C'mon. Gimme a break. And there is no ******* way in hell that ball broke the plane of the goalline. Not by a cunthair.

It's tough to win a game when you're playing 16 on 11.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #266 on: February 5, 2006, 10:55 PM »
I think the thing that scares me the most right now about the SB is the refs.

I just hope the refs in Detroit and gonna call a good game...  :-X

Looks like I didn't hope hard enough. No one here can tell me that the game was called fairly. It's obvious that the refs were pulling in Shittsburgh's Pittsburgh's favor.

Offense pass interference against D-Jack? C'mon. Gimme a break. And there is no ******* way in hell that ball broke the plane of the goalline. Not by a cunthair.

It's tough to win a game when you're playing 16 on 11.

There were some bad calls but the Seahawks made some terrible plays themelves. Like missing 2 field goals, Stevens dropping 3 or 4 balls and the debacle at the end of the first half, and the second for that matter. There were crappy calls both ways most did go against Seattle though.

It sure does seem like you have to pay your dues and lose a Super Bowl before you can win one. Maybe Seattle can come back next year. Their division won't be getting much better, so they've got a chance.
"This is the way."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #267 on: February 5, 2006, 11:15 PM »
Jackson did push off in my unbiased opinion

The TD call was really iffy, the tip of the ball only need to touch the front of the goaline and to me there wasn't enough evidence to prove either way.  The ref should not have called that a TD

Seahawks were horrible running the clock though and I have to say that has always always been a Holmgren problem

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 5, 2006, 11:23 PM »
And there is no ******* way in hell that ball broke the plane of the goalline. Not by a cunthair.

Even if the TD wasn't counted Pittsburgh still would've won.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 5, 2006, 11:24 PM »
I'm not saying Seattle played their best game of the season. And I'm not even saying that they should have won. All I'm saying is that the NFL needs to step in and do something about the officiating across the board. It just seems like this entire season was filled with bad calls that stood, or good calls that were overturned. It was a mess, the entire season, for every team. Something the NFL as a whole needs to address for next season.