Author Topic: Rick UK's website?  (Read 5242 times)

Offline Ner_vod

• Jedi Initiate
  • HAHA!
    • View Profile
Rick UK's website?
« on: September 13, 2005, 08:38 PM »
Does anyone know if Ricky UK has his own website.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Rick UK's website?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2005, 08:53 PM »
"This is the way."

Offline Ner_vod

• Jedi Initiate
  • HAHA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2005, 10:18 PM »
Does anyone know what the symbol that looks like  a fancy l with a line through it means. I know it has to do with money.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2005, 10:26 PM »
That would be a the symbol for Britain's money.

1GBP = 1.82577 USD
"This is the way."

Offline Ner_vod

• Jedi Initiate
  • HAHA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2005, 10:28 PM »
Thank you SLC. I might want to order commandos from Ricky UK. (although I think you need a credit card, so I'm doing a fundraiser and one of the prizes is a pre-paid visa card)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2005, 10:32 PM »
Thank you SLC. I might want to order commandos from Ricky UK. (although I think you need a credit card, so I'm doing a fundraiser and one of the prizes is a pre-paid visa card)

Woah, What are you doing? We don't want our young members falling victim to any credit card scams. :-\
"This is the way."

Offline Ner_vod

• Jedi Initiate
  • HAHA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2005, 10:37 PM »
No, it's a fundraiser for the Virginia Diner. I gotta sell 100 items to get though. It's a pre-paid 100$ visa. Other prizes include pre-paid cell phones, iPod shuffle, and a mini DVD player.

Offline ThePerennial

• Jedi Initiate
  • "..And shoot the loudmouth first!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2005, 10:41 PM »
If I could afford ricky's clone commando figs, I'd buy them in a heartbeat. Too bad I'm poor and have even poorer sculpting ablilities. if not, I'd have done it myself :P

I still think that ricky's commandoes were the best clones ever. I mean, those things are made from scratch! it's crazy!

Offline Ner_vod

• Jedi Initiate
  • HAHA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2005, 10:43 PM »
I really love the Sev that he did.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2005, 10:57 PM »
If I could afford ricky's clone commando figs, I'd buy them in a heartbeat. Too bad I'm poor and have even poorer sculpting ablilities. if not, I'd have done it myself :P

I still think that ricky's commandoes were the best clones ever. I mean, those things are made from scratch! it's crazy!

Well almost from scratch, the bodies are CW SA clones cast in wax then majorly retooled. The headsculpt is indeed from scratch.

And speaking of Commandos, DD have you finished your's yet? :)
"This is the way."

Offline ThePerennial

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2005, 12:04 AM »

Well almost from scratch, the bodies are CW SA clones cast in wax then majorly retooled. The headsculpt is indeed from scratch.

And speaking of Commandos, DD have you finished your's yet? :)

Well, thelegs are from the SA clones. The body that hecast in wax and resculpted was actually the bootleg clone from hong kong. Still, it's incredible at the level of detail and accuracy (which is dead on) -- especially considering that at the time he did it, there weren't much reference pics.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2005, 12:05 AM »
I traded for one of those Commandos a while back from him, but for some reason it just didn't "do it for me" so it was given as a gift to a fellow member here.

They are great figures, but it just didn't fit in for me for some reason.  His talent is amazing, I guess I'm just not a huge fan of the Commando design (I know, I'm in the minority).

:P

Offline ThePerennial

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2005, 12:30 AM »
I traded for one of those Commandos a while back from him, but for some reason it just didn't "do it for me" so it was given as a gift to a fellow member here.

They are great figures, but it just didn't fit in for me for some reason.  His talent is amazing, I guess I'm just not a huge fan of the Commando design (I know, I'm in the minority).

BLASPHEMER!  *Vapes him with a DC-17*

Just kidding. Different strokes for different folks I guess. I myself prefer the genesis of all the troopers; The Mandalorians of course. The mystique of the mandalorians and the sheer badass-ness of jango and boba on film probably contribute to my mandalorian mania.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2005, 11:02 AM »
Well, I just don't know why I feel that way.  For some reason the whole design of the character itself to me was just "clone bandwagon" driven.  It's a nice design... if I had kept the parts, I probably would have turned it into a custom bounty hunter.

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2005, 11:12 AM »
I understand what you are saying chewie, I traded for one as well, a year ago, and while the sculpt and concept are incredible, and his skills are legendary, the figure is small and not bulky enough. Which when put next to other figs takes away from the glory of it.

I still like em though...I'm just to lazy to tackle one of my own, or i would try to pick up on the stuff i mentioned.