I want to try my hand at making a 12" Commander Bly and a 12" ARC Trooper (ep. II version). Here are my initial thoughts about how to go about doing this:Commander Bly
- 12" ROTS Clone Trooper figure - sand off the insignias
- Kama: 2 pieces of tan cloth glued to the belt
- holsters: 2 pistol holsters (probably from those cheap 12" figures at KB Toys) with some sort of straps (probably the same straps from those 12" KB soldier figures) glued to the belt.
- Visor: I picked up a 12" accessory set from KB Toys that has night vision headgear that could, with a little reworking, serve as a visor for the Commander Bly. I will probably attach it by using small plastic rods or maybe even screws glued into the sides of the Clone's head (ala Frankenstein, although higher
- Pauldron - I plan on cutting some oval-ish shapes out of a soda bottle (probably 2 or 3 identical shapes) and then gluing them together to get the proper thickness. Then I will cut out a slot and a neckhole to slide it onto the Clone Trooper's body. This will be similar to how the 12" Sandtrooper's Pauldron attaches (or the same as the 3 3/4" ARC Trooper). I will then add the left part of the pauldron and the rest of the details with some more soda bottle plastic or fake credit cards.12" ARC Trooper
- I want to use a more articulated base body than the Ep. II Clone Trooper body, so I bought a Blue Angel Pilot figure from TRU.com for $8 (I think it's called "Elite Force" and looks to be articulated pretty well). I plan on doing an armor/bodysuit swap onto this new base figure.
- Hopefully the helmet will be able to fit over the Pilot base figure - does anybody know how to do headswaps on 12" figures?
I'm pretty sure that boil and pop doesn't work on these guys. Should I just cut off the Clone's head and hope that it will fit over the pilot's head? Should I cut off both heads and glue the Clone's head on the Pilot's body?
- Kama: same recipe as the Commander Bly mentioned above
- Pauldron - I could possibly use a 12" Sandtrooper pauldron for this custom. If I can't locate one, then I will try doing the soda bottle method.
- Antenna - as of right now, I think I will have to use some more soda bottle plastic and just make sure that I glue enough together to get the proper thickness/sturdiness...
Anyway, what do you guys think of these intended projects? Any advice on making a 12" figure? The only ones that I have done before are a body swap on the electronic Fett and a few repaints (like the 12" ROTS Clone Trooper that I made a while ago). I really have no idea what I'm doing with 12" figures and I'm pretty much making it up as I go along, so any ideas/help would be most appreciated!
if my post makes no sense, please excuse me, school isn't being too favorable to me these days